Out Of Contract

Yeah.

But is the Shinnie to Sevco stuff based on anything? Are the interested in him? I guess they can't publicly say anything right now, I'm just wondering if there's anything to it other than guesswork

Think the basis is he would have signed a new deal if he wasn't going somewhere, he must have been offered one. And he looks like a hun.

Few heresy things I've heard re Shinnie to Huns.

His cousin doesn't think it'll happen.

My mate went up to him in corporate the other week and asked him flat oot "so do you hate the Huns and tims"

Good old Graeme replies with "yes."

Now whether or not he was appeasing a fan I dunno.

It'll be England if anywhere.

I'd put money on Sunderland.

Few heresy things I've heard re Shinnie to Huns.

His cousin doesn't think it'll happen.

My mate went up to him in corporate the other week and asked him flat oot "so do you hate the Huns and tims"

Good old Graeme replies with "yes."

Now whether or not he was appeasing a fan I dunno.

It'll be England if anywhere.

I'd put money on Sunderland.

Was that your bent mate?

Jack to the Huns was the worst kept secret in Scottish fitba for a number of months before it was announced. Most of aberdeen knew it was happening. Heard nothing of the sort about Shinnie so guessing it’s purely forum talk.

Sunderland would be where my money is as numerous folk have suggested already.

Your dressing room source has gone now though, unless you have another one...

I'm resigned to him leaving, just not sure where the Sevco link comes from.

He was a supporter of der Hun as a young loon. His brother actually played for the dead club.

Other than that there's been a few threads on Hun boards acknowledging he is out of contract shortly and hasn't signed a new deal with us as yet.....speculation only if Slippy G would consider him a target no doubt fuelled by a couple of Weegie based reporters creating column inches by asking the same question.

You quoted a £4k/week figure as a basis for a new contract offer from us. He would certainly turn that down as his current contract pays him more.....The next deal he signs for whoever will be the biggest of his career earnings wise. Sadly  a good few EFL 1 clubs can and do pay a lot more than we do and every single Championship club could pay at least £10k/week. Sevco could match that level of financial clout (for now anyway) but Shinnie will have seen the hate Jack has commandeered himself (and also that by Robertson over 25 years ago.....Stephen Wright never reached same levels of hate but he was a west coast loon by birth) to the point where both Robertson and Jack would find it difficult to ever return to live in their home city. For that reason I do think Shinnie would refuse any sevconian offer.

Shinnie the big one,can see him going to rangers, he'd have signed by now if he was staying.

will be making sure he gets the jolly to Dubai first.

Jack to the Huns was the worst kept secret in Scottish fitba for a number of months before it was announced. Most of aberdeen knew it was happening. Heard nothing of the sort about Shinnie so guessing it’s purely forum talk.

Sunderland would be where my money is as numerous folk have suggested already.

Your dressing room source has gone now though, unless you have another one...

His wife posted a photo of him in a Rangers kit when he was younger. Went school with his sister and they were all Rangers fans growing up I’m am sure there is a few who were in his brothers year at school who can also confirm this that are on here

Supporting a foreign team? These freaks that cut about "supporting" Barcelona/ Man Utd/ Man City/ etc, their parents should get a group beating.

Absolute cunts. Imagine letting your offspring support a team he only watches on tv. What pathetic parenting

Was it not you that missed his local team playing in a semi final to go to a foreign country (wembley) to watch some foreigners (Americans) play a foreign sport (American Football) run by foreign racists (NFL)?

• Upvote 1

On one hand I think surely history can't repeat itself and another Aberdeen captain signs for them on a free transfer.

On the other hand I wouldn't be totally shocked if it did happen.

I think he is just holding out for more money as this will probably be his last shot at making a few bob from the game. If we have any sense we will up our offer as he is, as Dayts points out, our engine. 

I don't really know what goes into making a good captain, because I couldn't see any leadership qualities in Ryan Jack but obviously McInnes could and I assume he knows better than me. But to the untrained eye, Shinnie seems to be a proper leader on the park, constantly talking to the players, the ref, (literally) giving little pats on the back when a player does something good. Yesterday you saw him going straight to Wilson after the second goal, instantly recognising his contribution to the goal (bit harsh on the kid scoring his first ever goal but whatevs) and pleading with the back three to not concede after we scored the first. As I say, maybe there's more subtle or privately said stuff that a good captain does but to an idiot like me, Shinnie seems like he offers a lot more to us than just his football.