Out Of Contract

Hearing the hun are bringing back Steve davis.

Must be humbling for the snake cunt, he's likely getting outed for a ginger dullard.

Der Hun massive have been banging on about that for nearly a year now. Can't see them getting anywhere near matching the £30k/week he is on though. Plus the last thing sevco need right now is another midfielder. 

Derek is on a huge contract at Aberdeen, the club are expecting to finish top 3 minimum this season and aren't reviewing his contract until end of the season at the earliest.  One thing for sure is no matter how bad it gets Derek will not be walking out on his contract.

He's highly unlikely to get an offer even close to the two he "knocked back" which resulted in him getting hefty pay rises from Milne and Milne is highly unlikely to sack him.

Its a shite situation but he is here for another 18months minimum imo.

We should never be letting any player only have six months left on their contracts so they can weigh up their options. With a year to go they should either sign a new contract or be sold, captain or not. The club must get some return from these players. Paid good money for GMS only eighteen months ago, no way should the club lose all that money. Shinnie and GMS (or any other player whose contract is up in summer) should be sold in January if they don't commit by end of month.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We should never be letting any player only have six months left on their contracts so they can weigh up their options. With a year to go they should either sign a new contract or be sold, captain or not. The club must get some return from these players. Paid good money for GMS only eighteen months ago, no way should the club lose all that money. Shinnie and GMS (or any other player whose contract is up in summer) should be sold in January if they don't commit by end of month.

I guess the other side of the coin is if you lose one of your best players (which regardless of our personal opinions, clearly McInnes rates Shinnie highly) for a nominal fee what difference does that make to how the team performs and is it worth it for that small fee? We know that in Scotland the prize money for finishing in the top 2 is disproportionate (wonder why?) so is it worth losing one of your best players 9 or 4 months early and risking finishing 6th instead of 2nd, losing out on the top 2 prize money and not qualifying for Europe for the sake of £100k?

Feel a bit more optimistic now but can you imagine us without GMS in the first half of this season? Reckon we'd still be bottom 6.

I've got no real confidence if we had sold GMS in the summer we'd have been able to source an as good replacement although perhaps that's a completely different conversation.

McInnes will know fine well whether they are definitely leaving, keeping their options open or actively negotiating with us.

In all probability he knows they are leaving and is just kicking it into the long grass. Expect a similar holding statement in a months time along the lines of

'as soon as the January window is shut we'll be sitting down with them again'

then in February

'once we are through this hectic spell of fixtures we'll be getting back round the table'

He'll be pleased with his efforts if he manages to eek it out until March.

McInnes will know fine well whether they are definitely leaving, keeping their options open or actively negotiating with us.

In all probability he knows they are leaving and is just kicking it into the long grass. Expect a similar holding statement in a months time along the lines of

then in February

'once we are through this hectic spell of fixtures we'll be getting back round the table'

Aye, you are right. I actually think the fans would think more of both players if they had the balls to come out in January to say they were leaving (if that is their choice). Better that than playing for time and then sneaking out the back door as per Hun Jack.

Either the guys are holding out for more money or they are leaving. If Shinnie can make significant more money you can't even blame him. But you can blame management for not getting him sold and using the proceeds to better the team. Aberdeen would be at it's best developing and flipping talent as a means to fund the best team possible.

I guess the other side of the coin is if you lose one of your best players (which regardless of our personal opinions, clearly McInnes rates Shinnie highly) for a nominal fee what difference does that make to how the team performs and is it worth it for that small fee? We know that in Scotland the prize money for finishing in the top 2 is disproportionate (wonder why?) so is it worth losing one of your best players 9 or 4 months early and risking finishing 6th instead of 2nd, losing out on the top 2 prize money and not qualifying for Europe for the sake of £100k?

Feel a bit more optimistic now but can you imagine us without GMS in the first half of this season? Reckon we'd still be bottom 6.

I've got no real confidence if we had sold GMS in the summer we'd have been able to source an as good replacement although perhaps that's a completely different conversation.

Good post. At the level we operate at theirs no guarantee we could replace our players for like for like quality using the meagre funds received for players with 6-12 months left on their contract. Unless it’s top money we are receiving or someone we want rid of, always think we are best keeping a hold of our better players for as long as we can.

The 200k spunked on Forrester and the combined weekly wage of Forrester, Gleeson and Tansey (10k) over the last 6 months could have been used to keep GMS and Shinnie for another year or two with money to spare for a proper centre forward.

We should be looking at get Kenny Mclean back on loan in Jan if he's fit and still not playing for Norwich and getting Forrester, Gleeson and Tansey out.

The 200k spunked on Forrester and the combined weekly wage of Forrester, Gleeson and Tansey (10k) over the last 6 months could have been used to keep GMS and Shinnie for another year or two with money to spare for a proper centre forward.

We should be looking at get Kenny Mclean back on loan in Jan if he's fit and still not playing for Norwich and getting Forrester, Gleeson and Tansey out.

Where you getting the 10k figure from?

then in February

Both away, going by his after AGM comments tonight.

Both away, going by his after AGM comments tonight.

Not surprised. As I said on this thread ages ago Logan is the only example of a first pick player DM has allowed to move into the last months of his contract (ie speak to other clubs) and then persuade him to sign on.

* can't recall if he's allowed Consi to move into last six months a previous time but not counting him if he has

Where you getting the 10k figure from?

Betty’s £10k a week between that three can’t be far out.

Well our average wage is just over £2600 a week & they are very likely on average wages at worst I'd say.

Somewhere between £8k - £10k a week really cannot be that far off their combined wages. I would say nearer £10k than £8k in all honesty.

Our average wage was well publicised a few weeks ago.

• Upvote 1

Well our average wage is just over £2600 a week & they are very likely on average wages at worst I'd say.

Somewhere between £8k - £10k a week really cannot be that far off their combined wages. I would say nearer £10k than £8k in all honesty.

Our average wage was well publicised a few weeks ago.

And that average wage is for every employee of the club.....secretaries, physios, apprentices etc who will be on nowhere near £2.6k/week, some just on national minimum wage or not a lot more.. So we will have a fair few senior pros who are on substantially more than the £2.6k average. We lost out on Jason Naismith in the summer to Peterborough, whose wages we couldn't even match never mind beat. Now who just joined us from them I wonder? So Forrester aint just going to be on our average.

It probably gets a whole lot worse with Gleeson who joined from Ipswich. He wouldn't be anywhere near the top wages earned in the Championship where some are on £30k/week but he certainly wouldn't be on peanuts. £6k week I don't think would be an unreasonable estimate, maybe even a touch more. Now I don't think he had any other (realistic) offers other than ourselves and came up thinking he would piss it in a diddy league but also he wouldn't sign for peanuts so i doubt he is on any less than £4k/week and realistically is probably in the top 4 earners at Dons alongside Shinnie, Joe and McKenna

I'd say Tansey is bang on the average club wage....we obviously had to top his Caley wage where he would have probably been top man. So the £10k/week total is probably even a bit under what those 3 are tanning the club for every week.

• Upvote 1

Betty’s £10k a week between that three can’t be far out.

So the £10k/week total is probably even a bit under what those 3 are tanning the club for every week.

Yep.

I'd imagine it would be over the 10K easily.

10K is certainly no a figure to be scoffed at, or ridiculed.

Easily very likely.

• Upvote 1

Surely at least one of the three will be moved on in January.

Gleeson would be the most likely candidate. You'd imagine with his past history he'd get a gig in League 1 pretty easily.

Can't see anyone loaning Tansey or Forrester. Tansey has barely played for 12 months and Forrester's mind (understandably) doesn't look to be on football at the moment.

Aye, I'm thinking Gleeson is our best bet to get away after 10 full seasons in the championship. He might also be up for cutting his losses after more than a year on the bench

Preferably permanent than loan.

I actually think we will get Tansey away on loan but its whether we can recoup anything significant/week from whichever lower division Scottish club fancies taking him.