Out Of Contract

If it's not the elephant in the room now then it will be after the next couple of contract extensions. I'd imagine Considine for one will be tied up in the next few weeks to a one or two year extension as he's been one of our best players this season. As mentioned previously Lowe and Ball extensions also not out of the question in January.

Considine? He really hasn't been

Shinnie is our captain. If he comes out of the January transfer window and hasn't committed his future to us then I would want him to be stripped of the captaincy.

If a captain can't committe to us then not a good example for our other players especially the younger ones.

Might be a bit harsh but would want our captain to be someone who sets high personal and loyalty standards to our club.

If/when Devlin signs an improved contract I'd be happy for him to be named captain that day

• Upvote 2

If/when Devlin signs an improved contract I'd be happy for him to be named captain that day

If Shinnie doesn't sign a new contract then Lewis or Devlin should be captain.

McKenna would be ok but feel he has enough pressure on him as a young player with a big price tag on his head.

GMS would be an outside option should he sign a new contract. Might be just what he needs to encourage consistency in his play.

• Upvote 1

If Shinnie doesn't sign a new contract then Lewis or Devlin should be captain.

McKenna would be ok but feel he has enough pressure on him as a young player with a big price tag on his head.

GMS would be an outside option should he sign a new contract. Might be just what he needs to encourage consistency in his play.

If GMS stays I would be all for naming him captain. Keep that dude happy. 

Using the phrase "good enough" pretty much sums up where we are as a club and a fanbase... Signing (or in Considine or Reynolds case resigning) a player because they're "good enough"should tell you that they're not really if we want to progress and develop. Let them go... They're not "good enough" for me...

Are they “good to have around the place though”

Been questioning that one for years.

People's keep telling me it's ok because he's on a modest contract and he's good cover for the squad.

I don't really see it tbf.

Agree with you and BWG on this one. Been a long time since I thought Reynolds was a decent player.

Should not have been given a new contract last time and will be a disgrace if he gets another renewal.

Speaking of out of contract it is my understanding that Jack Elliott (3rd place rookie of the year in MLS) with Philly Union is now out of contract. Born in London, England. Excellent option to replace McKenna if he is sold.

Is it Philly Unions understanding as well or just yours that their player is out of contract

January 2019

Max Lowe

June 2019

Tomas Cerny

Mark Reynolds

Andrew Considine

Graeme Shinnie

Gary Mackay-Steven

Frank Ross

Dominic Ball - also out of contract at Rotherham

Tommie Hoban -  also out of contract at Watford

James Wilson - also out of contract at Man Utd

June 2020

Joe Lewis

Danny Rogers

Shay Logan

Stephen Gleeson

Greg Tansey

Sam Cosgrove

Derek McInnes

Tony Docherty

June 2021

Michael Devlin

Chris Forrester

Scott Wright

Dean Campbell

Connor McLennan

Bruce Anderson

Niall McGinn

Stevie May

June 2022

Lewis Ferguson

June 2023

Scott McKenna

Ones in bold:suicide:

Wage bill fucked for years to come due to most of our highest earners being frauds.

They would be pretty forgetful if that was their understanding because they got him to sign a new one year deal on November 19th taking him up to December 31st 2019.

I did another search and was able to find what you are referencing. That's a pretty short term deal.