Out Of Contract

Wouldn't be surprised to see Hoban sign or complete his rehab with the Dons

Not a hope in hell of that happening. When we got Devlin in under similar circumstances he had done a fair bit of rehabilitation under his belt and had we been desperate, he could even have been pressed into action towards the later part of that season.

Hoban won't be ready to play until January at the earliest, if ever again. Not a cat's chance in hell we will be giving him a contract under those circumstances

Im pro hoban. Better to work out some deal where he rehabs in aberdeen and starts getting the big checks when he's medically cleared.

I'd like to see Devlin, Hoban and some mckenna money used to bring in a third. Like a transfer for jack elliott

He's clearly not desperate to sign for the Dons but also getting to be a bit intriguing that we continue to not announce as released/expired/goodbye etc. However I would note the same thing happened with Anthony Oconnor (announced as negotiating when others released and then no follow up yes/no announcement it was just forgotten about)

Reading between the lines the MLS thing has fallen through (or he's decided against it) and his agent is struggling to find a no brainer offer in Scotland or England

He's clearly not desperate to sign for the Dons but also getting to be a bit intriguing that we continue to not announce as released/expired/goodbye etc. However I would note the same thing happened with Anthony Oconnor (announced as negotiating when others released and then no follow up yes/no announcement it was just forgotten about)

Reading between the lines the MLS thing has fallen through (or he's decided against it) and his agent is struggling to find a no brainer offer in Scotland or England

His no brainer is to stay at Aberdeen. He's obviously not got anything concrete to sign from anyone else, otherwise he'd be off.

So you think he's holding out, hoping something better will come along?  That's an extremely cynical point of view.

I'm sure it's as he's repeatedly said... he's just been very busy and hasn't had time to think about the offer yet.

Still loadsa money to spend presuming the same budget as last season

Add Wage: Taylor, Main, Hedges, add back Dundee contribution Wright, add back Dunfermline contribution Anderson, pay rise Lewis, pay rise Logan

Remove Wage: Reynolds (but less United contribution), Shinnie, Halford, GMS, Lowe, Hoban, Stewart, Wilson and Ball

So you think he's holding out, hoping something better will come along? That's an extremely cynical point of view.

I'm sure it's as he's repeatedly said... he's just been very busy and hasn't had time to think about the offer yet.

He's got acquired hydrocephalus. Makes things a bit more difficult.

Add Wage: Taylor, Main, Hedges, add back Dundee contribution Wright, add back Dunfermline contribution Anderson, pay rise Lewis, pay rise Logan

Remove Wage: Reynolds (but less United contribution), Shinnie, Halford, GMS, Lowe, Hoban, Stewart, Wilson and Ball

Don't forget that Taylor is on 10k a week though.

What you’re really saying is, you have no idea if we have a lot of wages to play with or not? But we’ll go with your assumption for now

June 2019

Gary Mackay-Steven

June 2020

Tomas Cerny
Danny Rogers
Stephen Gleeson
Frank Ross*

Derek McInnes
Tony Docherty

June 2021

Shay Logan*
Ash Taylor
Andrew Considine*

Michael Devlin
Scott Wright
Dean Campbell
Ethan Ross
Connor McLennan
Bruce Anderson
Niall McGinn
Stevie May

June 2022

Ryan Hedges
Sam Cosgrove

June 2023

Scott McKenna

June 2024

Lewis Ferguson
Joe Lewis

* club holds option to extend by 1 year

Was certain he'd be renewing.

Ayr confirming Aberdeen were 'great to deal with' so possibly a very small fee or more likely a sell on clause if he moves to a bigger club in the next two years (including on a 'free' transfer in two years).

I dont think this is likely but could this be a make weight for Lawrence Shankland - he is not on a free transfer for a move within Scotland this summer (only cross border).

The comment that 'bla bla bla made this an easy decision for Aberdeen bla bla bla' is a bit random. This is not a loan......

Ayr confirming Aberdeen were 'great to deal with' so possibly a very small fee or more likely a sell on clause if he moves to a bigger club in the next two years (including on a 'free' transfer in two years).

I dont think this is likely but could this be a make weight for Lawrence Shankland - he is not on a free transfer for a move within Scotland this summer (only cross border).

The comment that 'bla bla bla made this an easy decision for Aberdeen bla bla bla' is a bit random. This is not a loan......

Likely just what you've said. Easy to deal with in regards to compensation and likely a clause in there.

In comparison to Hamilton and Ferguson...

You're right strange comment at the bottom, I assume this was aimed at the players decision was easy after seeing how well these other lads have done.