Aberdeen V Motherwell (1 - 0)

From someone who has watched him on a few occasions now I just knew all along that he was not the answer to our goalkeeping issue.

Don't hate on those of us who should probably have a license. We just know shit.

Maybe you should have a licence, but I've got quite a few football coaching qualifications, including my goalkeeping one. Unlucks

• Upvote 1

We were pretty pish like last week only Motherwell had absolutely zero happening up front, unlike Hamilton's through balls and give-and-goes. Very low energy levels, movement off the ball poor and not playing like a team. We were lucky to be playing such poor opposition tonight. Flood, Jack, Hayes not bad; rest of them - Meh.

Nobody looks like they can really be arsed.

I'm confident that a 4-4-2 from the start would have seen us win by three or four tonight.

The 4-2-3-1 at home is a difficult watch. Tonight was just like any 1-0 home win from Pittodrie last season.

Understand why McInnes maybe went with it tonight: perhaps feeling it was important to show to players and fans that the team can still be 'solid' and hasn't just turned completely soft over the past few weeks. I'll be hugely disappointed if that's the two up front shelved at home for good. The County and Inverness games were two of the most enjoyable league games at Pittodrie in a long time. Tonight was just frustrating and boring, despite the win.

Saying that, I'd advocate 4-2-3-1 on Wednesday night though. Don't think Accies are a side you can play 4-4-2 against home or away, certainly not at the moment anyway!

I didn't see the game tonight - I didn't miss much by the sound of it - but I'm so glad to have won ugly for a change. I've seen the dons playing well so many times without getting a deserved result. I would be quite happy to see us continue this back-to-basics approach if it means we can consistently win games. We'd been losing so many goals that confidence was starting to ebb. Sounds like DM got it spot-on tonight with his line-up and tactics. It was only fair to give Brown a chance and playing Flood & Jack in the centre of a midfield 5 makes us solid. There is so much more to come from Pawlett, McGinn and Rooney who are all off-form and we have other options in attack (Monakana & Shankland) which are almost untried. If some are becoming apathetic we should give the fringe players genuine game-time. Its time to get points on the board and some consistency.

COYR!

Those of you that think Brown was any better than langfield on that showing are deluded. He was terrible at set pieces and controlling his 6 yard box. Whilst Lanfield is also terrible in his 6 yard box, that doesn't mean his successor is automatically better.On that showing we're still in need of a no.1 and will potentially leave an opportunity for clangers to get back in the side

I'm confident that a 4-4-2 from the start would have seen us win by three or four tonight.

The 4-2-3-1 at home is a difficult watch. Tonight was just like any 1-0 home win from Pittodrie last season.

Understand why McInnes maybe went with it tonight: perhaps feeling it was important to show to players and fans that the team can still be 'solid' and hasn't just turned completely soft over the past few weeks. I'll be hugely disappointed if that's the two up front shelved at home for good. The County and Inverness games were two of the most enjoyable league games at Pittodrie in a long time. Tonight was just frustrating and boring, despite the win.

Saying that, I'd advocate 4-2-3-1 on Wednesday night though. Don't think Accies are a side you can play 4-4-2 against home or away, certainly not at the moment anyway!

We played with 5 at the back for much of the match

Logan is starting to get on ma tits now!!!

Couple times he's started to think that he's a centre forward and instead oh squaring it to Goodwille he takes the difficult shot on!

Could have cost us the game, greedy cunt!

We were still keek! Anyone happy we that performance needs to have a word we themselves.........

Is there any particular reason you write like a mong or is it because you don't know any better?

Boring retard

Win's a win. Extra bonus...don't have to listen to people bang on about how shite Langfield is. I think that message has well and truly been taken on board. :crossfingers: Brown isn't shite (even though shite is brown) so match feedback isn't dominated by the performance of the guy between the sticks.

We were horrendous. Motherwell were worse. Jury's still out on Brown but deserves a chance. Taylor altho not the slickest player in the world does ok when he's winning headers and clears his lines. McGinn woeful. Hayes was our best outlet but we were too slow at releasing the ball over the park. Wanted too many touches at times. Goodwillie flat footed and seemed lethargic. The match was summed up when Brown duffed a kick out in 2nd half and a Motherwell player hoofed it straight back to him. Atrocious. Paid £8 for my ticket due to getting 2 for free and buying one between 3 of us. Still didn't receive value for money.

Is there any particular reason you write like a mong or is it because you don't know any better?

Boring retard

fuck all wrong with reekies submissions

Those of you that think Brown was any better than langfield on that showing are deluded. He was terrible at set pieces and controlling his 6 yard box. Whilst Lanfield is also terrible in his 6 yard box, that doesn't mean his successor is automatically better.On that showing we're still in need of a no.1 and will potentially leave an opportunity for clangers to get back in the side

ok jamie

• Upvote 1

I watched the game in a foreign land last night. Had enough after 45 minutes. Most of the Aberdeen players looked like they were recovering from a night on the tiles, And looking at some of them they needed a good nights sleep. What is it with football players nowadays that the thing is to look unkempt otherwise like scruff. You look like scruff you play like scruff, and the manager as well he needs to lead by example. There seems to be I don't give a shit attitude among Aberdeen players at the moment and they were lucky last night that they faced the poorest motherwell team I have seen in a long time. Definitely Aberdeen need a new goalkeeper and players that give 100% effort and desire to win. Play like this against Hamilton next week and the league cup will be another memory.Sorry Aberdeen theres no oomph in your performances of late. Smarten up half you look like vagabonds only thing that was missing last night was a bottle in your hands, scruffy. Oh and the boots I was going cockeyed trying to keep up with the multi coloured feet. Black is a lot nicer. Flood was the only one with a bit of I want to win attitude last night.

Big 3 points and keeps us within touching distance to the teams above us. looking for results to go our way this weekend then on to the cup match against Hamilton - a game we should be looking to recifty the week priors disaster. At least Brown's debut was better in comparison to that of Taylor. Need to allow confidence to grow with the new signings otherwise there are just set up to fail. Players always appear to be tired during the evening games and it seems that was the case for the dons last night. Looking for a much more enthusiastic performance on Tuesday and a win the follow up. Would stick with 4-5-1 against Hamilton - tempted to say start Rooney over Goodwillie.

Link to the interview with DM and highlights:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/scotland/29766215

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EwbVja-1JSc

We dominated the game, and with better finishing we could have had a few.

Motherwell, aside from a brief spell in the second half, were absolute murder.

Spot on. We never got out of 2nd gear.

Was good to see a keeper who doesnt panic when his defenders pass the ball back whilst under pressure and the defence seemed comfortable with him too.

He deserves to start the next game.

Those of you that think Brown was any better than langfield on that showing are deluded.

:drool:

Was good to see a keeper who doesnt panic when his defenders pass the ball back whilst under pressure and the defence seemed comfortable with him too.

He deserves to start the next game.

Correct.

Couple of times in 2nd half he came out and comfortably gathered crosses that Clangers would never have departed the safety of his line in a hundred years for.

Also, any absolute gluepots on his back from the off need to realise that this was his first league game for us.

Let's give him a run and see how he does.

Caught the last 30 minutes in the pub. Moth-well are fucking dreadful which makes it hard to draw too many meaningful conclusions, but I thought we looked ok. Good midfield drive and workrate from Flood, and McGinn remains the most talented player in the squad... I am always baffled by the criticism he gets as we have no-one else who can hold and carry the ball the way he does. Which makes his omission from last week's starting line-up all the more irritating.

Can't comment on Brown as he had literally nothing to do from what I saw, but he deserves his chance.

Decent 3 points anyway, good to bounce back after the Accies horrorshow with a win.

I am sick of hearing players are tired, when playing evening games. F.F.S. they are athletes that is supposed to be, they train 5 days a week, The game I was watching was like a English 3 rd team playing, many of the Aberdeen players looked uninterested, not all of them but when an engine isn't performing 100%. Performance goes out the door. Now is that another game Mcinnes will say we didn't play to our potential and still came away with a win. How many is that now 6 and counting.????? You are supposed to entertain Mr Mcinnes not complain. Last night was not entertaining AGAIN.

Couple of times in 2nd half he came out and comfortably gathered crosses that Clangers would never have departed the safety of his line in a hundred years for.

Also, any absolute gluepots on his back from the off need to realise that this was his first league game for us.

Let's give him a run and see how he does.

There was one in the 2nd half when Talor was under pressure, some opposition players on him and he knocked it back to the keeper despite him being relatively close. Keeper dealt with it as a keeper should and had Langfield been in a similar position he'd have ballsed it up.