What Do You Weigh?

Clydeside_Sheep

Well now that the weather is (was) a bit better, I walked ~10 miles over Mon-Tues there (during lunchtimes and early evening). At a decent pace too, to lift the heart rate.

I am also about to acquire a bicycle and a cardio machine (both scavenged from people who dont use them anymore - I have learned thrift from the Aberdonians!).

And lent will soon be with us, which means no booze for ~7 weeks.

Every little helps!

At your weight just getting up off the settee must burn a ton of calories!

nae offence like..

I covered 14.3km yesterday at work (had on my Polar GPS to check how far I walk as I'm covering a huge work site) at temperatures in the high 20's celcius then did a 10k run after shift in the gym.

Doing the card deck workout tonight as recommended by Pash and not looking forward to it one bit.

Thats an issue for me - my job is pretty sedentary, not a whole lot of opportunity to actually move anywhere.

What is the card deck workout, dare I ask?

(Sounds like one of those things that fitness-perverts would be into lol)

Thats an issue for me - my job is pretty sedentary, not a whole lot of opportunity to actually move anywhere.

Deck of cards workout is decent. Pick four exercises and assign them to a suit, number of card equals how many reps you do. 2-10 self explanatory, Jack = 11 reps, Queen = 12, King = 13 and Ace = 14, jog on spot for 10 seconds between exercises. There is a card shuffle app available for folk with smart phones. Beats running on a treadmill for an hour +. You will be utterly f**ked by the end of it.

http://fitnowtraining.com/2011/01/deck-of-cards-workout/

Pick 4 exercises. Assign a suit to each exercise. Burpees, star jumps, press ups and sit ups for me. Deal out a pack of cards. Do the number on the card of each exercise and run on the spot for a set time inbetween exercises. Managed to get to 30 cards tonight and was absolutely burst.

Started Jack, King and 9 spades on burpees. Need to learn how to shuffle better I reckon. :clangers2:

Pick 4 exercises. Assign a suit to each exercise. Burpees, star jumps, press ups and sit ups for me. Deal out a pack of cards. Do the number on the card of each exercise and run on the spot for a set time inbetween exercises. Managed to get to 30 cards tonight and was absolutely burst.

Started Jack, King and 9 spades on burpees. Need to learn how to shuffle better I reckon. :clangers2:

No workout should be done without the presence of several hot burds (ideally Norwegian) in lycra. This ensures an interest in staying in shape and not a wasted gym membership.

• 2 months later...

Thats me down to 16 stone ( a loss of 1.5 stone so far). I will be on Baywatch at this rate.

I feel a difference in how nimble I am and the fit of my clothes (no longer bursting at the seams).

I should keep this going, and aim to be 14.5 stone (meaning I would be within the approved BMI range).

So this could be a half-way point to a loss of 3 stone overall.

- I eat little or no sh*te now. Very rarely am I seen at a fast food or takeaway joint now. Very rarely do I have breakfast rolls from the work canteen any more. I have also cut out the boredom eating at work, so no crisps or peanut M&Ms from the machine. I have also ceased to make a pig of myself at home, by wolfing all the crisps etc.

- Regular exercise - been doing a lot of walking, usually ~5 miles a day, most days. Takes 60 - 90 mins. One day I did 12 miles - no bother. I am getting a bike off a friend this weekend, so thats another option. My modest walking isnt the macho "run 40 miles naked, through nettles, with a dumbell tied to your ball-sack" that some do on here, but - hey - its working.

- Ive been off drink for lent, (approx 7 wks), but that ends this sunday, so I will need to guard against a return to jakeyism and the 1000s of empty calories that involves. I will try to limit drinking to one occasion per week, 2 if a special occasion. (though I am not confident about that). I didnt miss it, but I cant say I am not looking forward to Sunday :)

:)

• Upvote 2

Finding it very difficult to lose anymore weight. Just bordering around the 14 stone mark. Starting to think about toning up but not keen on the thought of weight training, any tips?

Bodyweight exercises Razor. No need for any weight lifting pish.

http://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/exercise/the-no-weights-workout-20130222

Also get cracking on with the Deck of Cards workouts.

Thats me down to 16 stone ( a loss of 1.5 stone so far). I will be on Baywatch at this rate.

I feel a difference in how nimble I am and the fit of my clothes (no longer bursting at the seams).

I should keep this going, and aim to be 14.5 stone (meaning I would be within the approved BMI range).

So this could be a half-way point to a loss of 3 stone overall.

- I eat little or no sh*te now. Very rarely am I seen at a fast food or takeaway joint now. Very rarely do I have breakfast rolls from the work canteen any more. I have also cut out the boredom eating at work, so no crisps or peanut M&Ms from the machine. I have also ceased to make a pig of myself at home, by wolfing all the crisps etc.

- Regular exercise - been doing a lot of walking, usually ~5 miles a day, most days. Takes 60 - 90 mins. One day I did 12 miles - no bother. I am getting a bike off a friend this weekend, so thats another option. My modest walking isnt the macho "run 40 miles naked, through nettles, with a dumbell tied to your ball-sack" that some do on here, but - hey - its working.

- Ive been off drink for lent, (approx 7 wks), but that ends this sunday, so I will need to guard against a return to jakeyism and the 1000s of empty calories that involves. I will try to limit drinking to one occasion per week, 2 if a special occasion. (though I am not confident about that). I didnt miss it, but I cant say I am not looking forward to Sunday :)

:)

Always have a laugh at your posts.

You obviously got a tip off that the famine was over.

• Upvote 1

Get yourself to Crossfit Razor. Addictive mix of intense cardio, olympic weightlifting and other bodyweight stuff.

I used to go to the gym after work and it bored me to tears. Crossfit is something I look forward to everyday now and I'm fitter and stronger than I've ever been. I'm never going to bulk up without additional weight training due to the amount of cardio involved but still a noticable increase in strength all the time.

Finding it very difficult to lose anymore weight. Just bordering around the 14 stone mark. Starting to think about toning up but not keen on the thought of weight training, any tips?

In the first 3 months of the year when I didn't drink and went running 4/5 times a week I managed to put on a stone and a half.

Go figure.

Get yourself to Crossfit Razor. Addictive mix of intense cardio, olympic weightlifting and other bodyweight stuff.

I used to go to the gym after work and it bored me to tears. Crossfit is something I look forward to everyday now and I'm fitter and stronger than I've ever been. I'm never going to bulk up without additional weight training due to the amount of cardio involved but still a noticable increase in strength all the time.

He doesn't want to bulk up.

Crossfit looks insanely difficult. Reckon you've got to be a bendy fucker to begin with to tackle that.

Is it not extremly intense? It's maybe something I could build up to. Like yourself, the amount of cardio I do would always counteract any muscle mass but I certainly think it would improve my running if I could strengthen up.

I honestly keep getting told YOGA is the way forward.

In the first 3 months of the year when I didn't drink and went running 4/5 times a week I managed to put on a stone and a half.

Go figure.

Were you eating wads of protein?

Crossfit is not insanely difficult or intense, it can be and is scaled to suit all levels of fitness/age. Each person is coached and can chose their weight/scale of movement (to a certain degree) they want for each workout. Basically, I think it's a fantastic way to lose weight in a way that isn't going to bore.

P.S. As per topic...I'm 30, 6' tall and weigh 12.5 stone. I'd like to be 13 - 13.5 stone of pure muscle :violent:

Is it not extremly intense? It's maybe something I could build up to. Like yourself, the amount of cardio I do would always counteract any muscle mass but I certainly think it would improve my running if I could strengthen up.

I honestly keep getting told YOGA is the way forward.

Were you eating wads of protein?

Not significantly more than usual.

Yoga is great like.