Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

Ross County have signed Jay McEveley.

Very frustrating - just the signing we could be doing with. Plays LB or CB and was captain of Sheffield Utd last season.

At LB it'd allow Shinnie to play in centre mid, and at CB he'd be better than our current options.

*sigh*

Don't think he'll be much of a miss. Didn't think much of him in his 'prime'.

Hearts have also signed another forward Bjorn Johnsen.

Would a cheeky bid to take Juanma off their hands be worth a shout?

Dare I say we've signed better players? Stockley, Burns and Storey will be great additions to our squad.

I wouldn't go near Juanma. Not good enough for us.

Yet our central defence and central midfield is atrocious and what will cost us come the end of the season if it's not assessed and rapidly.

The window is still open and there is time for that to be rectified. I'm not saying we have no weaknesses rather I feel more confident in our signings over that of Hearts. Will have to see how this Johnson lad gets on for them and also how Storey will perform for us but overall I feel we have had more joy this window.

Would have liked to see us have tried to get Vaulks. Suspect that the undisclosed figure isn't particularly substantial or void of clauses considering last year of contract. Would have just left us to source the snazzy cb and drag up a bonus ball creative midfielder loan by end of window. Ah well, ah...ah...auchooooo.

Premiership is fast paced and he coped well it seems, Scottish football he's only up against 2 decent strikers and that's Rooney and Stockley (maybe Burns also).

I hope he's fucking shite but unlike many fans at this stage who work themselves into a frenzy and say 'we will be closer this season' (sounds familiar with liverpool fans also since we are on topic, this is our season) I won't delude myself. I see major negatives with our side from last season that I genuinely believe will come back to haunt us again this. We need a central defender and a ball winning terrier in central midfield.

Shinnie at left back is a must, logan right back but we will be let down badly in the middle if we don't find someone.

IF we address these positions before start of season THEN I'll change my opinion and get a sticky tip and tell the forum we will be closer or even win the league but I won't delude myself like many seem to do around this time.

Brendan Rodgers is a cross dresser.

Agreed. The glaring weaknesses from last season are still there for all to see. I think we're still the 2nd best team in the league but we're still 3 or 4 signings away from a title.

You'll be very surprised.

Although it doesn't say much, my mate who a season ticket holder at Anfield said Liverpool fans are gutted as he was excellent back up and by far their best defender last season.

I think even though he's 58, he will turn out to be a good signing for them. Hopefully he gets back on his missus tablets and fails a drug test however and Efe comes back in to replace him.

Sinclair will be a bold move.

Other than that Celtic at present don't bother me, but unless we sign a new midfielder and central defender who's not injury prone then we won't be closer to Celtic. We will be just as far away... we don't play after the split remember.

To be fair, you also said Carlton Cole would bang them in at Celtic.

• Upvote 1

Did someone really say we should sign Juanma or did my eyes deceive me?

Hearts have been signing a load of shit this year. They'll struggle to finish top 6.

I might have posted this on somewhere here already but this is an excellent piece of writing on Hearts. The support over there is divided over Neilson and Levein, they could well struggle. Apparently the football's been horrendous.

http://terracepodcast.net/all-is-not-well-at-tynecastle/

Hearts fans are similar to the old firm in their arrogance. It was their first season back after horsing the championship and they finished 3rd.

Moaning bastards.

When have Hearts EVER played good football? 8 games under George Burley out of their entire history?

Dirty hoofball team. Always have been.

• Upvote 1