Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

but the huns will take Lafferty for £250k paid across four years

Doubt it. Even then thats too much to be paying for that cunt.

They tried the same bullshit with Jamie Walker. Didnt go too well for them.

Of course the Hamiltons and Motherwells of the league will always be more than happy to sell their best players on the cheap to the arse cheeks and then suck their cocks to say thank you for being robbed blind.

Hibs set to complete the signing of Daryl Horgan today/tomorrow

Not one for wanking over the other teams but given they knew they'd lose Kamberi, Maclaren, Allan, McGeouch and probably McGinn from last season they've done far better this summer than many would have expected.

Hibs set to complete the signing of Daryl Horgan today/tomorrow

Not one for wanking over the other teams but given they knew they'd lose Kamberi, Maclaren, Allan, McGeouch and probably McGinn from last season they've done far better this summer than many would have expected.

would not be surprised if Hibs finished second this season. Certainly look to have signed a good few decent players.

Hibs, Sevco and potentially Hearts all appear to have their shit together

We really need to step up this season

Starting today

As things stand right now those three teams have a stronger squad than we have. But as I've consistently said I'll give McInnes until the end of the window to sort it. If by that time the squad is weaker than it was the day we lost the SC semi to Motherwell then I'll certainly voice my displeasure.

Hoping we hear news this coming week about incoming players. Clearly need a striker along with a defender to help ease the defensive injury crisis but I also feel we need a winger just as much - would be happy to take Greg Stewart back. I'm personally really pleased with all the signings just feel we are missing those three key positions. Forrester clearly needs time to get up and running - not been impressed by him at all as of yet.

How long is Cosgrove's contract with us?

Jury out on Hearts imo. Top four same as last season for me

Not convinced about that. Levein has had a full pre season with his players and has signed more of the traditional physical type players that he is generally associated with. They'll be tough to play against physically and especially at Tynecastle.

Hibs have done well to re-sign their two loan strikers but losing all of their first choice midfield three from last season (McGinn, Allan and McGeough) will be tough for them. They've lost Barker too who was very effective for them. The likes of Mallon and Hyndman are decent players but not sure they will replace the quality they have lost (much like us with McLean).

I'd say at the minute Hearts are slightly ahead of Hibs with their squad. But that can change by the end of the window if they lose Lafferty and Hibs sign a few more players as I expect them to do now they have sold McGinn.

Bottom line is that unless McInnes signs a striker that can find the back of the net regularly, another wide player and defender I think there's a very decent chance that we could finish below both Edinburgh clubs this season.

Not convinced about that. Levein has had a full pre season with his players and has signed more of the traditional physical type players that he is generally associated with. They'll be tough to play against physically and especially at Tynecastle.

Hibs have done well to re-sign their two loan strikers but losing all of their first choice midfield three from last season (McGinn, Allan and McGeough) will be tough for them. They've lost Barker too who was very effective for them. The likes of Mallon and Hyndman are decent players but not sure they will replace the quality they have lost (much like us with McLean).

I'd say at the minute Hearts are slightly ahead of Hibs with their squad. But that can change by the end of the window if they lose Lafferty and Hibs sign a few more players as I expect them to do now they have sold McGinn.

Bottom line is that unless McInnes signs a striker that can find the back of the net regularly, another wide player and defender I think there's a very decent chance that we could finish below both Edinburgh clubs this season.

I disagree and would say the large majority on here are getting a bit carried away in regards to what others are doing this transfer window. We ourselves have signed some good players and would argue we have strengthened on those that have left - however have yet to replace the outgoing Rooney and Stewart. Forrester is the only player who I'm feeling suspect about - he clearly still needs time to settle. DM has maintained throughout the course of this transfer window that he is actively trying to sign the best possible player available and will wait for those opportunities to arise - he seems reluctant to rush in and panic sign. Will not judge fully until the window has closed as he still has two weeks remaining in which to bring about the required quality.

Hibs have lost several key players such as those you mentioned above and I'd agree that they have not been replaced them with equal quality. Hibs will always be a tough opponent but I don't feel they are as strong a side as last season. Kamberi and Maclean are undoubtedly great signings however just remember we still finished above them even with those two playing their part for Hibs last season. The same sentiment stands for Hibs in that I'll judge once the window has closed.

Regarding Hearts, seen this time and time again where they have a mass exodus of players resulting in an entire squad being recruited for the upcoming season. Don't wish to take credit away where its due however Celtic rested a number of players yesterday in their 1-0 defeat. I'm still not convinced Hearts have strengthened overall - Mulraney, Ikpeazu, Burns etc. are still very much unproven. Very early days for them. Lets see how they get on against the remaining top six sides.

The Rangers may have improved but not substantially. They currently have a manager who appears to have an incredibly over inflated opinion on himself and appears to hold the same arrogance as Caixinha. One could argue that was Caixinha's main demise during his reign at The Rangers.

As always lets just see what happens.

Hearts will be stronger as Shinniesta says. They've signed another truckload of players but I think they might have one or two more successes than last time.

Hibs have signed a few good players and are still adding, they already have more squad depth than we do I think although could be argued about quality of some of them.

Rangers are definitely improved and while I think Gerrard is a bit of a chump as a manager he's got decent support around him and he'll get the respect of the players. They've spent a good bit of money so have to think they'll be better than last year too.

What does that all mean? Fucking hard to say reslly but I could see one of Hibs or Rangers Bumping us from second spot and leaving us fighting the others for 3rd.

I agree we need to see what happens. I've been consistent all along with what I've said in that I'll judge McInnes' transfer dealings on the 1st September and not before.

We have strengthened in defence with Devlin and Hoban but can they both stay fit? The squad as it is at the moment is pretty threadbare. And no way have we signed anyone who has improved on the departing Kenny McLean but hopefully all of Ferguson, Gleeson and Forrester can step up to the plate as make us forget him. Ferguson already looks a gem but we all need to remember he's only 18.

I don't even need to mention strikers. We are clearly the weakest of the top 6 teams in that department at the moment and no-one thought that this time last year straight after we signed May. Hopefully that will change in the coming weeks and I also hope this is the season where a good few of our youngsters break through permanently. And I hope that May gets his act together.

The squad as it is at the moment would be in danger of dropping out the top 4 imo. But hopefully it will be significantly strengthened by the end of this month to the point where we can all be quietly confident of winning a cup and being the team that pushes Celtic the hardest yet again.

Hearts are disruptors, they'll be great against the teams that open up and come at them but will struggle to beat the teams that sit in.

• 5 months later...

It looks like Scottish teams are starting to take notice by signing their best prospects to long term deals with D Turnbull, J Kerr and now J Soutter all signed in the window.  I am guessing they have left a lot of money on the table with these deals and their agents must be horrified.  Add R Porteous and M Johnston deals in October/November and many of the best prospects are committed to their respective clubs for the near term. Lets get Ferguson extended....

St Mirren have loaned in seven players this window, think that makes nine for the rest of the season as they've kept two on. That's mental.

Apparently terminated three loans this window as well.

Disgrace that teams can loan so many.

Utd have signed a whole team this window. ELEVEN fkn players. Inthe Jan window ffs. They are fkd if they don't get promoted this season