Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

It looks like Scottish teams are starting to take notice by signing their best prospects to long term deals with D Turnbull, J Kerr and now J Soutter all signed in the window. I am guessing they have left a lot of money on the table with these deals and their agents must be horrified. Add R Porteous and M Johnston deals in October/November and many of the best prospects are committed to their respective clubs for the near term. Lets get Ferguson extended....

Ferguson is already signed up to 2022.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3825451/derek-mcinnes-aberdeen-deadline-day-transfer-news-budget-spent/amp/

McInnes admitting we didn't make any more signings because the budget was blown. Looks like we knocked back a £250k offer from NYCFC for GMS which backs up what I thought that if we had managed to get Hayes or Morgan then GMS would have been gone.

I'm happy enough with the squad we have to finish the season. We have 19 outfield players now established in the first team squad. One more would have been good but not to be. No doubt some of the remaining budget was used to pay off Forrester and Tansey but that's life every manager makes mistakes in the transfer market McInnes is no different. It was the right decision to cut them loose now.

A big part of the budget obviously used for the likes of Wilson and Gleeson. Let's hope they both step up in the second half of the season.

Ball has probably been the biggest casualty of McInnes' recent change of formation. He rarely lets us down in centre midfield he played well when we won at Ibrox but hasn't had too much of a look in since.

I rate Ball.  He plays an unglamorous role and is adequate at it rather than exceptional, but he's a decent enough utility player.

I agree we need to see what happens. I've been consistent all along with what I've said in that I'll judge McInnes' transfer dealings on the 1st September and not before.

We have strengthened in defence with Devlin and Hoban but can they both stay fit? The squad as it is at the moment is pretty threadbare. And no way have we signed anyone who has improved on the departing Kenny McLean but hopefully all of Ferguson, Gleeson and Forrester can step up to the plate as make us forget him. Ferguson already looks a gem but we all need to remember he's only 18.

I don't even need to mention strikers. We are clearly the weakest of the top 6 teams in that department at the moment and no-one thought that this time last year straight after we signed May. Hopefully that will change in the coming weeks and I also hope this is the season where a good few of our youngsters break through permanently. And I hope that May gets his act together.

The squad as it is at the moment would be in danger of dropping out the top 4 imo. But hopefully it will be significantly strengthened by the end of this month to the point where we can all be quietly confident of winning a cup and being the team that pushes Celtic the hardest yet again.

We've really committed to the quality not quantity approach now with the outgoings of the January window.

Not sure where its coming from but I'm completely relaxed about it, I think we have some good players still to really come in as starters if we needed (Wilson, Gleeson, McGinn) and if we need to use Frank Ross or Deano or McLennan or even some of the lads who haven't been thrown in yet I've confidence they can contribute.

With media reporting D Gallagher in precontract talks with Motherwell and STJ and Halkett rumours with English clubs, it looks like Livi could experience a significant exodus of their prized back 3 depending on Lithgow status. Clubs obviously choosing to look beyond Gallagher conviction for violent assault with a baseball bat.  Similar to Hibs mass midfield exodus last year, this likely does not bode well for Livi chances next year. Guess that is the price of success in SPFL. If STJ is in for Gallagher than they must expect Shaughnessy to be departing despite their public hopes he would resign. 

• Upvote 1

Naismith to MLS rumours would be quite a blow to Hearts next year. They dont seem to be the same club with out the old striker. Notched his 10th in league play today.

I hardly even care anymore. A £20m half finished leaky fucking office block stand. Levein with 2 jobs. 120 players signed and no one with pace except The Project Mulraney. Converted to LWB.

Season a burst flush and reliant on lucky SC draws.

Our fan base has changed to happy clappy Budgies who moan about standing and swearing and the uncouth young away fans.

Naismith away. Just get Carlisle's 3rd choice striker up here to replace and be done with it.

We got Lafferty, Naismith and Berra during to their personal reasons for wanting home. Tried for Adam. We are the retirement community just not good enough for the uglies.

Budge out. I mean. £200k setting up Hearts Women FC that no even our women fans give a fuck about....sigh.

I hardly even care anymore. A £20m half finished leaky fucking office block stand. Levein with 2 jobs. 120 players signed and no one with pace except The Project Mulraney. Converted to LWB.

Our fan base has changed to happy clappy Budgies who moan about standing and swearing and the uncouth young away fans.

Naismith away. Just get Carlisle's 3rd choice striker up here to replace and be done with it.

We got Lafferty, Naismith and Berra during to their personal reasons for wanting home. Tried for Adam. We are the retirement community just not good enough for the uglies.

Budge out. I mean. £200k setting up Hearts Women FC that no even our women fans give a fuck about....sigh.

Worked a treat for us to be fair  :cheers:  :trophy:

Aberdeen just got involved in the women's malarkey too. Hope we're not spending too much on it. Nobody gives a fuck about it.

Really hope AFC don't give into any of this social media pressure to invest money in the split arse team. Get them back in the kitchens I say.

Hearts just look so ordinary without Naismith (who I think will be at the huns next season).

Clare has showed some nice flashes at times but he is not the man to take over the mantle from Naismith. Ikpeazu is a handful physically but he's no Sam Cosgrove in the goal scoring stakes. Berra doesn't look the same player to me since his injury. Souttar a very good player surrounded by mostly ordinary players. Vanecek all talk and fuck all action so far.

Hearts have always been a retirement home for ex ugly sister players at the end of their career. That will never change. We both know if the huns so much as flash their knickers at Naismith he will walk from Edinburgh to Ibrox to sign for them.

Berra has had a career based on his pace and aerial ability. He has been lucky with no major injury. This is his first. If he loses 3 yards of pace, he becomes ordinary. Harsh but true.

Souttar has become the best young defender in Scotland. Like ur lad. But less hot headed. Quicker. And better on the ball. The extension is a real coup for us.

Mikey Smith decent at RB but like him in a 3 either RCB or sweeper.

Everywhere else across goalie and defence is shite.

Midfield has no creativity. Been brought up on Mackay, Cameron, Hartley, Skacel. Wtf now. Hoofball at 65ft.

No wingers or pace. It's all about players ready to fight for 2nd ball after it being shelled at 6ft4 CFs. But has bought Vanecek who is no Ian Baird or Sandy Clark and looks to have the heart of a garden mouse. Fitting in nicely with the 130 others he's signed off MyScout app. Punts.

Anyway. For me it's all down to Budge. Till she's away we're a liberal tea and scone shop in Gorgie who are just happy to take part each year and hope not to cause any offence on or off the park as we get beat.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Berra has had a career based on his pace and aerial ability. He has been lucky with no major injury. This is his first. If he loses 3 yards of pace, he becomes ordinary. Harsh but true.

Souttar has become the best young defender in Scotland.

Oh my.  We'll go no further on this one.

• Upvote 1

Souttar has become the best young defender in Scotland. Like ur lad. But less hot headed. Quicker. And better on the ball. The extension is a real coup for us.

Mikey Smith decent at RB but like him in a 3 either RCB or sweeper.

Everywhere else across goalie and defence is shite.

Midfield has no creativity. Been brought up on Mackay, Cameron, Hartley, Skacel. Wtf now. Hoofball at 65ft.

No wingers or pace. It's all about players ready to fight for 2nd ball after it being shelled at 6ft4 CFs. But has bought Vanecek who is no Ian Baird or Sandy Clark and looks to have the heart of a garden mouse. Fitting in nicely with the 130 others he's signed off MyScout app. Punts.

Anyway. For me it's all down to Budge. Till she's away we're a liberal tea and scone shop in Gorgie who are just happy to take part each year and hope not to cause any offence on or off the park as we get beat.

Yep, yous are a bit pish.

What a bunch of journneymen players, thank fuck I was fortunate enough to grow up supporting Aberdeen.

Exactly what i was thinking.  Westerhailes reminiscing like Hearts have always played silky fitba whereas in reality they've been a team of hatchetmen and cloggers as far back as I can remember.