Aberdeen V Ross County (4 - 0)

The game was so comfortable, that I believe the main talking point is the seagulls that circle over section Y.

We missed a trick by choosing the new mascot to be a sheep, we should really have went benefica style and let a bald Eagle float about, picking off those winged vermin.

I could barely concentrate on the game due to the constant seagull anuses flying overhead and the fear of them shitting all over my lovely new FjalRaven jaiket.

We missed a trick by choosing the new mascot to be a sheep, we should really have went benefica style and let a bald Eagle float about, picking off those winged vermin.

Agreed...some sort of maniac killer bird would have got my vote...not the Tracey Andrews variety I hasten to add...

Didn't think anyone was particularly great today, Ross County were fucking shit.

Thought it was harsh to sub Cammy Smith at half time but Pawlett was probably the best player on the pitch when he came on. It was the boot up the arse he needed maybe.

If Daniels is out for a while then McInnes has to explain why he never subbed him 10 minutes earlier when he was clearly fucked

Good win in the end. Goodwillie and Pawlett both benched, and both scored - can't ask much more. Good work by McInnes too.

Hopefully Daniels' injury isn't too bad, although I've got to admit, I wasn't that impressed with him last week but don't think McInnes likes Joe enough to give him a run in the team.

Good for McLean to get his Dons career off to a winning start.

COYR.

don't think McInnes likes Joe enough to give him a run in the team.

With a hun manager these sort of decisions are unfortunately inevitable...I rated Joe and thought he was McArdle's replacement after the GWT foolishly got rid of him...Joe will have to move on if he is to resurrect his career...it's like that...that's the way it is

THANK GOD!!

McInnes eventually saw sense and reverted to the formation that is our most effective - Hayes wide on the left and McGinn wide right. Up until then, we were gash. Smith on the right was really just so ineffective, it was scary. Hayes was sat behind McLean - our most attack minded player, asked to play a holding role in midfield. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

It was no surprise then, that with Hayes given the room to cut down the left, it opened up space all over the place. Rooney made the most of this, as did Pawlett. McLean was playing just behind Rooney first half and it was largely a failed experiment. I'm happy to see him sat just in front of Jack, as the lad is what I would describe as your stereotypical box-to-box player... a big engine. He looked like a guy who had just met his team mates at the beginning of the week, but it'll come for him... he needs time to adapt to a team where he's not the only star act.

Reynolds again shakey in the 1st half, and Brown's kicking was shocking at times. In fact, the first half was so poor, I was glad there was something to shout about with the two bizarre incidents from Thomson!

Agreed with whoever it was that said we didn't take full advantage of a honking Ross County team. We could have scored every time we ventured forward in the 2nd half, they were that poor. Passing the ball between the back 4 with 15 mins to go, was really boiling my piss. I went mental at them when they scored the 4th, as it was so simple, it was annoying to see them farting about with the ball and not going for the jugular.

All in, a piss easy win without looking at all comfortable, or having to break sweat. However, I'm glad he subbed Smith when he did and has realised we show no attack minded flair unless Hayes is out on the wing. That's what I like about McInnes.... he generally tends to see the game like the supporters sitting on the terraces. So often over the years, a blind mannie could tell you when X, Y or Z player needed dropped or subbed, or when a formation wasn't working, but the manager would just carry on regardless - quite often cutting their nose off to spite their face. Even the signing of McLean was one I was shouting for - an attack minded midfielder to counter the plethora of holding or defence minded ones we have at present.

Still not close to the sort of form we need to win the league, and the 4-0 was more borne out of playing a side that will inevitably be playing in the Championship next season. We need a strong showing against Accies away and stick with the guys that finished that game, in the same positions.

Didn't think anyone was particularly great today, Ross County were fucking shit.

Thought it was harsh to sub Cammy Smith at half time but Pawlett was probably the best player on the pitch when he came on. It was the boot up the arse he needed maybe.

If Daniels is out for a while then McInnes has to explain why he never subbed him 10 minutes earlier when he was clearly fucked

Back spasm and hopefully back next week. Was it just me that saw Del say this? Beginning to doubt myself.

OMG, FnD. Did you see the goal he let in v Kilmarnock U20s in the week? :clangers2::clangers2::clangers2:

Has to be seen to be believed. :clangers:

Yeah I did. I may have mentioned it in the U20's thread :laughing:

Fucking typical Clangers really. Looked totally lost/out of place. Had no idea what to do with a striker closing in on him & afterwards just looked around for someone else to blame.

Honesly see zero reason how anyone can seriously WANT him back in goal for us. No matter how bad a game Brown has for us now & again he is still always going to be a better option than Clangers.

I'm not a big fan of Brown in the slightest but I will always want him in goal ahead of Clangers.

Only a fkn idiot can support Clangers for No.1 & most of those that do. Only want him in for completely the wrong reasons ie. sympathy & hope that he can somehow transform into something we all know he is not & never will be.

Nae fucking wonder goodwillie and pawlett are dropped. McGinn is a lucky boy.

This was a good decision(regardless of how poor Smith was) to show the cunts that clearly never performed last week that they are not instant or guaranteed picks.

The appearance of both and subsequent goals scored by both underlined that Derek played this one well.

Wish he had done the same last week though when both were utterly honking.

Nice result.

Anyone ken how Kenny did?

Kenny played very well. In the first half anyway, when the rest of the team were fucking hopeless. He was the only bright light.

Didn't see very much of the ball in the second half. Perhaps not used to being in a team where others can do the business.

Just a cheating cunt

Thomson's decision in the first hal to stop play in the centre circle when Jack (I think) was clean away on the South Stand side was a fucking disgrace.

A probable goal given we had a player clear in the centre on this attack.

County were very poor.

Aye but...considering their last three away games.

Drawn at Inverness, Celtic and Dundee.

1 we were lucky as fuck to win.

1 we were beaten in the league.

1 we were knocked out of the cup.

Fantastic ball through from Rooney for Pawlatt's goal. inch perfect & great vision.

It was a bueaty. Just watched on RedTV the noo. Zidane-esque.

Kenny McLean had a great game, if maybe a bit too eager to impress at the beginning. Effortlessly makes space for himself to receive the ball. He will be a tremendous player for us.

I concur. Looks good.

I thought joe shaughannesy (sp?) was good when he came on.

Smith was horrible needs to look up when he has the ball just seems to run into people

As much as I face palmed when Joe came on (perhaps believing the berating he has taken on this site),,,he had an excellent game.

Perhaps the first time I've seen him get a shot at CB. As far as I could see, he was calm, assured and did not put a foot wrong. Impressed.

Cammy, for his first start in ages?...did not do himself any favours. Unfortunately.

Agreed with whoever it was that said we didn't take full advantage of a honking Ross County team. We could have scored every time we ventured forward in the 2nd half, they were that poor. Passing the ball between the back 4 with 15 mins to go, was really boiling my piss. I went mental at them when they scored the 4th, as it was so simple, it was annoying to see them farting about with the ball and not going for the jugular.

Especially as they were playing with 10 men - no 23 going of injured while the game was in play at around the 70 min mark

Top of the division is really tight and it wouldn't hurt to keep stretching the goal difference

How he never played on when Smith was through is beyond belief. He has done that twice in a week now.

He was a disgrace. Even the penalty on Logan didn't piss me off as much as not giving advantage in the first half.

He then gave advantage to Ross County second half. He was shocking.

When you also consider that this muppet did exactly the same thing last week when Griffiths was clean through in the other cup Semi. his failure to play advantage in two games running is totally inept. Similarities of both events mean that he isn't learning from his mistakes

No doubt no action to be taken