Alex Neil And Norwich

So what do you make of Alex Neils impact at Norwich?

6 wins out of 8, 1 draw and 1 loss.

No bad eh? I think theyre only 4 points off 2nd place now.

I was skeptical when he went there but given he seems to have made a great start - and given the arse has fallen out of hamilton in his absence, it suggests there really is something about this guy.

I hope Norwich get promoted - I read that when Lambert was sacked it left the EPL without a Scots manager for the first time.

It's not every day you see a manager make a huge leap from the likes of Hamilton to a much bigger club in Norwich.

One thing to consider is that if Jason Scotland never scored in the last minute against Hibs at Easter Road in last year's playoff to force extra time, I doubt this would ever have happened.

He would have been in a strong league with Hearts and the huns this year.

• Upvote 1

I like the cut of his jib, he seems eminently sensible.

I dinna care about lower league English fitba as much as the next man, but I like to try and follow the fortunes of Scots who go down there.

You also seem eminently sensible, good Tup.

I only checked up on how he was doing given hes a young scots manager, Im not esp bothered about the english championship.

He could have crashed and burned but seems to be making a fist of it alright!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Indeed, and both will have to keep winning as Watford have 4 very winnable games to go too

I don't enjoy a lot of the football (and think it's quality is overrated when cunts like Clayton Donaldson and Eoin Doyle are banging in goals) but you're always guaranteed excitement at the end of the Championship season.

I don't enjoy a lot of the football (and think it's quality is overrated when cunts like Clayton Donaldson and Eoin Doyle are banging in goals) but you're always guaranteed excitement at the end of the Championship season.

Donaldson is the 11th top scorer in the league

Doyle is not in the top 25 top scorers

"Banging in the goals"

Indeed, and both will have to keep winning as Watford have 4 very winnable games to go too

I think Norwich will take 9 points from their last three games. Boro have been shakey of late so they just need to put the pressure on them at home. A win there would surely give them the confidence to sink Rotherham (21st) and Fulham (20th).

Bournemouth and Norwich as automatic promotion spots would be class. Then we'll have Brentford to sneak into the playoffs at the last minute and cause a riot in the playoffs.