Nk Rijeka V Aberdeen (0 - 3)

Best Euro result since the days of Fergie no doubt , job isnt done yet , but confident we will go through. Tremendous btw if you want to hammer a cock of a journalist check Ewan Murrays timeline, biiter jambo cunt

I hate that bastard. He also loves Celtic, bizarrely.

The tie isn't over

Wise up min.

Even being kept in the ground for a hour afterwards hasn't dampened the spirits.

Cunts almost caused a riot. I was on the top step ready to burst through and jam those batons Tigh up their shitepipes. Absolute morons with no idea of the state of the balance between the fans which was 100% cordial.

Draw for today

Group 1

Seeded:

1 FC Girondins de Bordeaux (FRA)

2 AZ Alkmaar (NED)

3 FC Zürich (SUI)

4 FC Vorksla Poltava (UKR)

5 HNK Rijeka (CRO)/Aberdeen FC (SCO) 0-3 first leg

Unseeded:

6 PFC Cherno More Varna (BUL)/FC Dinamo Minsk (BLR) 1-1 first leg

7 FC Dacia Chisinau (MDA)/MŠK Žilina (SVK) 1-2 first leg

8 AEK Larnaca FC (CYP)

9 İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR)

10 FC Kairat Almaty (KAZ)/Alashkert FC (ARM) 3-0 first leg

Cyprus please.

Certainly would not fancy playing the Istanbul team.

I would. Istanbul is fucvking awesome.

Absolutely delighted - said we had nothing to fear and that we are capable of beating them or any team. Hoping for a kind draw tomorrow - for once.

Said it before and will say it again - far too many folk had a negative mindset going into this match. We are a completely different side under Derek of McInnes.

I think I was the only one on here who wanted Goodie to stay - he just needed some stability and confidence in his game - the guys quality. McLean another one wrongly slated - the guy just needed time to settle in - another quality player. Flood - gets slated for doing the ugly part of the game - he's played a significant part in our recent turn of fortunes. People were moaning (even started a thread) about Ward, after a mere 2 games??!! Played very well tonight.

Really excited about Quinn - he's captain material and will go onto be arguably DM best signing to date. Improvement on Anderson.

Nah. He has undoubted ability.

This is incredible, every game start cheering the river but I just left it switched over and cheerfully they mock.

Perhaps this is not nice, but fuck it, stronger than me. and worst of all is that they say comander and RI actually increases strength.Eit

Either their fans are as illiterate as Bluto, or google translate isn't very good! Hardly any of the translations make sense.

Amazing result, made an absolute mockery of my pre-match bed-shiteing about their quality. They were actually not bad and some very tidy forward players but defence and gk were ropey. Pitch played like an 80s astroturf as well which we ultimately handled better than them.

Dons were excellent to a man. Ward looks very commanding, centre halves solid after shaky opening 10-15, Jack immense, Hayes a real threat and Logan with key involvement in two goals. Cracking finish from McLean too, hopefully that's him kick-starting his Dons career. Shinnie looks very dependable and just a quality act - Scotland squad by end of season a possibility.

I'd consider putting Rooney in for Goodwillie second leg but that would be only change.

Finish the job and then we can look at the (beatable) Kazakhs.

The bottom line seems to be that pretty much everyone underrated this Aberdeen side. Rijeka and their fans reckoned we were a team of 'woodcutters', and beating us was merely a formality.

Fuck, even our own fans... despite having no clue if this current Rijeka team was any good or not... were effectively writing us off over there and just hoping we could at best give ourselves a bit of a chance in Aberdeen.

That first 20 minutes was a combination of Rijeka going at us, swinging wildly like a retard in a playground scrap, and a nervy Aberdeen team simply handing the ball to Rijeka at every opportunity. We were making them look better than they actually were.

It was pretty obvious that Rijeka couldn't keep that mental pace up for very long, and that as soon as we started settling we'd get more into the game, and that's exactly what happened.

Looking at that Rijeka fan site they STILL reckon we're a team of hammer throwers and that the result was some kind of shock. Given the fact we were playing an away tie, in a heat that none of our players are used to, coupled with all the (incorrect) hype that Rijeka was some classy outfit, those first 15-20 minutes weren't unexpected.

So, even after shoving it up their arses in front of their own fans they're STILL making the mistake of thinking we're a team of 'Lumberjacks'. Well, fuck 'em... if they underrate us again they'll get their arses handed to them again.

Very much reminds me of Groningen, who were already talking about the next round as soon as they drew us. They can't comprehend that Aberdeen has actual footballers rather than long-ball monkeys who can't play the game properly.

Kinda nips my tits that the team gets no credit, and that beating a team like Rijeka is some kind of unimagineable result. I was less impressed by them than I was by Aberdeen, to be honest.

Been knowingly following the Dons since 91, and can't think of many better away results. Good performances in Brondby, Torino and Hertha without a result. Groningen was a decent scalp but definitely bettered by last night's win. Only modern competitor would be Dnipro.

Been knowingly following the Dons since 91, and can't think of many better away results. Good performances in Brondby, Torino and Hertha without a result. Groningen was a decent scalp but definitely bettered by last night's win. Only modern competitor would be Dnipro.

How long previous to that did you unknowingly follow the Dandies?

Or do you not know?