Nk Rijeka V Aberdeen (0 - 3)

How does last night compare with previous away results/performances in our history? Must be up there.

Am i right in saying a lot of our big European wins of yesteryear came by doing the business at pittodrie.

Maybe some of the al mannies can give a comparison.

Only really good away win against a decent team in my time would have been against Celta Vigo in Spain,been a few draws against good sides too

How does last night compare with previous away results/performances in our history? Must be up there.

Am i right in saying a lot of our big European wins of yesteryear came by doing the business at pittodrie.

Maybe some of the al mannies can give a comparison.

Our best away performance ever was a 0-0 draw in Munich.

Finest performance by an Aberdeen defender that night as well, I think Willie Miller still has Karl-Heinz Rummenigge in his pocket.

On reflection Groningen were a better side than Rijeja

Don't recall seeing any Rijeka players that made me go, "Oh, now... he's a bit tasty at the fitba. We'll need to watch him, and no mistakes." In fact, if anything, the only players that really sttod out were the keeper, because he was hilariously terrible, and the loon with the 1980's bleached quiff that made him look like something out of a New Romantic band.

For our part we had 11 stars on the field at any given time.

The Rejikja fans are saying we were hammer-throwers, but our tactics were bang on, and I wouldn't say they had a single player who would walk into this Dons team.

If that's indicative of their team then they're as overrated as we were underrated.

Don't recall seeing any Rijeka players that made me go, "Oh, now... he's a bit tasty at the fitba. We'll need to watch him, and no mistakes." In fact, if anything, the only players that really sttod out were the keeper, because he was hilariously terrible, and the loon with the 1980's bleached quiff that made him look like something out of a New Romantic band.

For our part we had 11 stars on the field at any given time.

The Rejikja fans are saying we were hammer-throwers, but our tactics were bang on, and I wouldn't say they had a single player who would walk into this Dons team.

If that's indicative of their team then they're as overrated as we were underrated.

Their captain was a great player. I'd sign him up no bother.

Any links to what the Rijeka fans are saying?

Nogometaši Rijeke odradili su u Vratima jutarnji trening dan nakon utakmice s Aberdeenom.

Nikome nije bilo lako ‘probaviti’ neugodan poraz od Škota, ali su svi u Rijeci svjesni da ih čeka još mnogo izazova u sezoni i da i dalje treba maksimalno raditi…

– Sigurno da i danas poraz od 0:3 zvuči jako loše. Sinoć nakon utakmice nam je bilo još i teže. No prespavali smo i malo došli sebi. Naravno da je u nogometu sve moguće, ne smijemo se predati i moramo ići po sportsko čudo.

Nije da se takve stvari nisu već događale. Koncentracija će nam na idućim treninzima biti velika, a onda u Aberdeenu idemo po pobjedu a možda i prolaz…- kaže Filip Bradarić.

Prije puta u Škotsku, Rijeku čeka i domaća utakmica. Već u nedjelju na rasporedu je 2.kolo HNL – a gdje na Kantridu stiže Slaven Belupo.

– Na treningu su danas bili i predsjednik Mišković i direktor Juričić koji su nam dali podršku. Moramo se brzo dignuti i okrenuti se novoj utakmici u nedjelju.

Istina da nas je poraz jako pogodilo i sad svatko od nas mora prvo raščistiti sam sa sobom neke stvari…a onda se odmah okrenuti novim izazovima. Prvo prema Slaven Belupu. Pobjeda protiv njih nam može puno donijeti…Nakon toga možemo razmišljati o uzvratu…- nastavlja Bradarić.

Rijeka, zbog svega što se u Europi i HNL – u događalo u protekle dvije godine, ima kredit kod navijača i javnosti. Ali zato i rijetke loše predstave i porazi, dodatno peku.

– Nitko od nas igrača, a kamoli navijača nije na ovo naviknuo. Bio je to velik udarac. Ali i nakon poraza, velik dio navijača je bio uz nas, podržali su nas. I dalje su uz klub bez obzira na sve i vjerujte mi, to nam neizmjerno puno znači.

I mi ćemo zaista dati sve od sebe da to povjerenje ne iznevjerimo – zaključio je Bradarić.

Nogometaši Rijeke odradili su u Vratima jutarnji trening dan nakon utakmice s Aberdeenom.

Nikome nije bilo lako ‘probaviti’ neugodan poraz od Škota, ali su svi u Rijeci svjesni da ih čeka još mnogo izazova u sezoni i da i dalje treba maksimalno raditi…

– Sigurno da i danas poraz od 0:3 zvuči jako loše. Sinoć nakon utakmice nam je bilo još i teže. No prespavali smo i malo došli sebi. Naravno da je u nogometu sve moguće, ne smijemo se predati i moramo ići po sportsko čudo.

Nije da se takve stvari nisu već događale. Koncentracija će nam na idućim treninzima biti velika, a onda u Aberdeenu idemo po pobjedu a možda i prolaz…- kaže Filip Bradarić.

Prije puta u Škotsku, Rijeku čeka i domaća utakmica. Već u nedjelju na rasporedu je 2.kolo HNL – a gdje na Kantridu stiže Slaven Belupo.

– Na treningu su danas bili i predsjednik Mišković i direktor Juričić koji su nam dali podršku. Moramo se brzo dignuti i okrenuti se novoj utakmici u nedjelju.

Istina da nas je poraz jako pogodilo i sad svatko od nas mora prvo raščistiti sam sa sobom neke stvari…a onda se odmah okrenuti novim izazovima. Prvo prema Slaven Belupu. Pobjeda protiv njih nam može puno donijeti…Nakon toga možemo razmišljati o uzvratu…- nastavlja Bradarić.

Rijeka, zbog svega što se u Europi i HNL – u događalo u protekle dvije godine, ima kredit kod navijača i javnosti. Ali zato i rijetke loše predstave i porazi, dodatno peku.

– Nitko od nas igrača, a kamoli navijača nije na ovo naviknuo. Bio je to velik udarac. Ali i nakon poraza, velik dio navijača je bio uz nas, podržali su nas. I dalje su uz klub bez obzira na sve i vjerujte mi, to nam neizmjerno puno znači.

I mi ćemo zaista dati sve od sebe da to povjerenje ne iznevjerimo – zaključio je Bradarić.

Hard to disagree with any of that.

• Upvote 1

Fuck the Croatian cunts right in the hairy twat. 2-0 The Dandy Dons. Rooney and an own-goal fae their shitey 'keeper.

These twats are fuck all. I've got a theory. If you've never heard of the cunts, they're likely shite. Can anyone here honestly hold up their hands and say they knew these Croatians before the draw was made? I'm nae a fitba expert by any means, but I pay attention to the game and have done for the last 30 odd years. Rijeka? Never heard of the cunts. Nice place, nice stadium, nice beach - fitba team? Fuck All-io.

Put in their place by The Dandy fuckin' Dons.

Next.

These twats are fuck all. I've got a theory. If you've never heard of the cunts, they're likely shite. Can anyone here honestly hold up their hands and say they knew these Croatians before the draw was made? I'm nae a fitba expert by any means, but I pay attention to the game and have done for the last 30 odd years. Rijeka? Never heard of the cunts. Nice place, nice stadium, nice beach - fitba team? Fuck All-io.

Next.

Correct, my point exactly.

Rijeka? Who?

Next.

Me. Boy from my work is from Rijeka.

The bottom line seems to be that pretty much everyone underrated this Aberdeen side. Rijeka and their fans reckoned we were a team of 'woodcutters', and beating us was merely a formality.

Fuck, even our own fans... despite having no clue if this current Rijeka team was any good or not... were effectively writing us off over there and just hoping we could at best give ourselves a bit of a chance in Aberdeen.

That first 20 minutes was a combination of Rijeka going at us, swinging wildly like a retard in a playground scrap, and a nervy Aberdeen team simply handing the ball to Rijeka at every opportunity. We were making them look better than they actually were.

It was pretty obvious that Rijeka couldn't keep that mental pace up for very long, and that as soon as we started settling we'd get more into the game, and that's exactly what happened.

Looking at that Rijeka fan site they STILL reckon we're a team of hammer throwers and that the result was some kind of shock. Given the fact we were playing an away tie, in a heat that none of our players are used to, coupled with all the (incorrect) hype that Rijeka was some classy outfit, those first 15-20 minutes weren't unexpected.

So, even after shoving it up their arses in front of their own fans they're STILL making the mistake of thinking we're a team of 'Lumberjacks'. Well, fuck 'em... if they underrate us again they'll get their arses handed to them again.

Very much reminds me of Groningen, who were already talking about the next round as soon as they drew us. They can't comprehend that Aberdeen has actual footballers rather than long-ball monkeys who can't play the game properly.

Kinda nips my tits that the team gets no credit, and that beating a team like Rijeka is some kind of unimagineable result. I was less impressed by them than I was by Aberdeen, to be honest.

Some valid points made there Kelt. What irritates me more is the fact that Aberdeen when run semi well as a club have the ability to achieve success outside of the domestic competitions - even Jimmy managed to get us through some tough fixtures and into the last 32 of the Europa league. We've actually won trophies in Europe and could have been more! (ref paid off by Porto comes to current memory).

Scottish football gets a tough time - both Celtic and Rangers within the space of ten years reached the Europa league final - we've made the last 32 and even hearts managed to make it to the group stages. Our national team has been unfortunate on a few occasions in International competition in recent years. For the size of nation and money invested into our football - we're doing better than other footballing nations our size.

There's a reason we've never heard of Rijeka.

• Upvote 1

Aye, so basically pointless winning these early rounds anyway.

You need close to a miracle to make the group stages and there's obviously a vested interest as to why UEFA have structured it like that.

Blatant corruption on a par with anything FIFA are doing. Dull Europeans fixated on the Champions League simply fail to notice, allowing the cartel to continue to enrich itself unchallenged.

• Upvote 1

Aye, so basically pointless winning these early rounds anyway.

You need close to a miracle to make the group stages and there's obviously a vested interest as to why UEFA have structured it like that.

Blatant corruption on a par with anything FIFA are doing. Dull Europeans fixated on the Champions League simply fail to notice, allowing the cartel to continue to enrich itself unchallenged.

Correct it's just a protection racket, especially when you couple the safety net with the fact that the winners of Europa League now qualify for the Champions League the following season.

There's still a chance we could draw a team from Albania or Moldova in the play offs. Our best chance is to draw a pish Chumps League drop out; if that happens then the 2nd qualifying round will have been the most difficult game for us - good een UEFA you cunts.

Agree about the quality of them.

I felt even before we scored that if we survived their opening flurry without conceding we would come more and more into the match.

Coupled with the fact we are good at counter attacking , we were set up nicely for an away goal at least.

Second half we were very confortable and they seemed to have run out of ideas.

Correct it's just a protection racket, especially when you couple the safety net with the fact that the winners of Europa League now qualify for the Champions League the following season.

There's still a chance we could draw a team from Albania or Moldova in the play offs. Our best chance is to draw a pish Chumps League drop out; if that happens then the 2nd qualifying round will have been the most difficult game for us - good een UEFA you cunts.

The pish Champions League drop outs will be unseeded like ourselves. Playoff round draw is made after the 3rd QR is finished so no chance of drawing a small team that pulled off a shock in the previous round either.

The pish Champions League drop outs will be unseeded like ourselves. Playoff round draw is made after the 3rd QR is finished so no chance of drawing a small team that pulled off a shock in the previous round either.

Of the 22 teams that will be seeded, depending on earlier results and who drops out of CL, I reckon it will be something like:

50% teams where we are completely fucked [e.g. Dortmund, Bilbao]

30% teams where we might just fluke a result if we play out our skins and they underestimate us [e.g. Sparta Prague, Saint Etienne, Alkmaar, Southampton]

20% teams where we would have a really good chance [e.g. Maccabi Tel Aviv, Slovan Liberec, Vitoria Guimaraes, Lech Poznan]

Slovan Liberec would be the team to draw, finished just above the relegation zone in the Czech league but won the cup. Maccabi Tel Aviv would be another good shout if they get through their 2nd qualifying tie in the CL but lose the 3rd.