Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

On 11/10/2023 at 9:34 AM, fine-n-dandy said:

Scale’s basically admitting publicly how ‘the big two’ are protected domestically by our shite/corrupt refs. 
Because all ‘the rest’ of the teams in Scotland cannot get away with the tackles he’s referring to v tbe arse cheeks 

Defender Liam Scales says Celtic have been naive in Champions League as they can't get away with "domestic tackles". (Scottish Sun

I think it's the other way around fine-n-dandy. He reckons they're naive because they're being punished for making tackles in Europe that our refs here wave on as no foul.

38 minutes ago, Macski said:

I think it's the other way around fine-n-dandy. He reckons they're naive because they're being punished for making tackles in Europe that our refs here wave on as no foul.

Yeah but they should know that ‘our’ refs only wave on their tackles against the rest domestically but they don’t wave on the rests tackles v them

15 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Does any team outside Celtic think they're having a good season?

Terrible league.

We're shocking and yet look like we're heading for third if St Mirren collapse.

The standard this season is low throughout the whole league.

😂

You never learn. You're heading nowhere with that wee gnaff Naismith in charge. 

17 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Terrible league.

We have two games in hand over you

Sadly one of them is away to Celtic tomorrow, anything we get from that is a bonus but nothing really expected. And then in the next round of fixtures after the international break we have sevco at home. More hope of taking something from that match than tomorrow but we could get nothing out of it as well. No idea who you have then but yes you could go 8 points ahead of us if we get nothing from our next 2.

BUT

We will have faced the arse cheeks 4 times in our first 12 matches. Wasn't meant to be quite like that but a weather postponement and reaching the LC semi has made it so. In those 12 matches, 7 will have been away from home. Our form has shown slight improvement in the last 2 or 3 weeks so yes we are playing catch up on you but you won't be so far ahead that we will be panicking just yet. 

I do agree about the standard of the league being low 

• Upvote 1

I think our team has shown enough against good opposition by SPL standards to suggest that when we no longer need to try and balance European games, cup ties and league matches we will be absolutely fine. Might be a good thing that a lot of the easier games will arrive after the final and Europe. At least a lot of the games we haven't picked up enough points in were ones we wouldn't have been massive favourites to win anyway.

Aberdeen wil finsh 3rd, marks my words.  

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Terrible league.

I'd imagine st mirren fans didn't think they were going to win the league, and are still pretty happy about where they are. And Dundee and Killie will be quite content too.

I think you just been us, you and Hibs.

1 hour ago, ClayholeRed said:

I think our team has shown enough against good opposition by SPL standards to suggest that when we no longer need to try and balance European games, cup ties and league matches we will be absolutely fine. Might be a good thing that a lot of the easier games will arrive after the final and Europe. At least a lot of the games we haven't picked up enough points in were ones we wouldn't have been massive favourites to win anyway.

Aberdeen wil finsh 3rd, marks my words.  

Robson doesn’t seem to know how to set up a team when we’re expected to be in the front foot & win.

That’s going to be an issue 

15 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Robson doesn’t seem to know how to set up a team when we’re expected to be in the front foot & win.

That’s going to be an issue 

100% this

He’s maybe ‘managed’ to do it 3-4 times this season which is truly pathetic. He’s living off ‘what ifs & we were so unlucky’s’ & the win over a hun team in turmoil. His excuses are getting tiresome really

3 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Terrible league.

I think we'll snatch 3rd once our first season in europe comes to a close.  We'll be better equipped for next season.

I agree with you about standard of the league but i'd even argue that Celtic aren't having a good season by their standards.  Out the league cup early on, chicken feed for the other clubs in the CL. Domestically they are doing well but so they should be when you look at their budget compared the rest of us.

Only a matter of time before Hearts sack the manager, poor form and not likely to challenge for 3rd

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The problem is the distance between the top 2 and the rest, other than that teams are competitive and even if the quality isn't high at least the rest of the league is interesting. 

It's the financial gap after the top two that make it a 'poor league' not the others. 

The "financial gap", % wise between "rangers" and us, then us and say, livi surely is about the same?

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Rangers wage bill can't be more than Celtic, surely. 

I heard on the radio a while back Rangers basic wage bill is a fair bit lower than celtic however they have bonus incentives built in to most of their contracts in order to "entice better players" which brings them more within touch of Celtic.  How true that is i don't know but would seem more realistic as that would allow to pay more when they receive money from europe cup wins ect either way hopefully they will be in trouble again soon

13 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Calling bullshit on that list. It has Hibs who are known to be exceptionally frugal, shelling out more than ourselves or Hearts. 

Hibs have a massive squad....they hire and fire managers around every 13-14 months who then bring in their own players that outlast them. They have admitted in the last couple of weeks that they're looking to offload a number of players in January. Might be easier said than done though

37 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Amazing that WHS can still be so confident in his team being only team to get 3rd on st Mirren ‘collapse’ when his team is currently just 1 goal ahead of Dundee with same games played 🤣

I maybe phrased it wrong.

I wasn't trying to talk Hearts up. Instead I was trying to say, we're terrible, but in such a poor league seem to be falling upwards to third with everyone else equally bad or worse.

Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen tend to be the best the rest the league has to offer. Hibs haven't really replaced Porteous or Nisbet properly and after Lee Johnson, a lot of work needed. Losing Gino huge for us and we haven't replaced him. Losing Gordon, Halkett, Beningime has been massive and it'll be about their returns from long term injury. We've generally recruited badly and have a novice manager taking exams. And for me Aberdeen's success last year was a defensive one based on a physical back three. The loss of Scales and Pollock and the loss of form of Duk are more significant than sales such as McCrorie. But you've def gone backwards. 

Someone will get third, but might reflect on a poor season at the same time.

Managers like Robinson and McInnes are looking competent because of Robson, Naismith and until recently Johnson.

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Is Celtics not almost 10 x ours & Huns about 6-7 x ours? 

No way ours is as much as that over Livi, even though Livi’s is probably the very lowest in the league

I remember reading a couple of years back that the maximum Livi pay their players is £1500/week. Most are on a good bit less than that