Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

10 hours ago, SammytheSlug said:

18 hours ago, NEM said:

What’s with all the empty seats? What happened to the imaginary waiting list

10 hours ago, SammytheSlug said:

There were 375 or so tickets unsold for today. You can count them on the Hearts website. Basically a combination of the sales being restricted to stop Celtic fans getting them and I'd imagine 12 o'clock on a Sunday putting some people off.

As for the waiting list; my OH works in the commercial dept at Hearts. It exists, but it's not quite the 7,000  Mckinlay claimed. There's been a list for a couple of years now, but it's in the hundreds, not thousands. When the initial phase of ST sales is done, they basically phone down the list offering available seats left until they sell out. A certain number are kept back for walk-ups, so I think STs are capped at 15,600 now, with no half STs offered any more. Some on the list take it up when offered, some don't.

Cheers.

Thanks for confirming 😄

14 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Realise that but what’s the actual decision?  From general foul play up to what?  Reckless endangerment?

I'm immediately thinking of Marshall punching Bojan and the ball. Surely had to come under same category 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, NEM said:

The 7000 strong waiting list literally exists?  Make up your mind

You said Hearts had an imaginary waiting list. I confirmed that Hearts do have a waiting list.

What happened is really simple. STs sold out in June 2022, and people who got in touch to buy at that point were offered to be put on standby. This was the beginning of the waiting list that seems to irk people so much.

The list had "dozens" on it until Mckinlay said we had 7,000 on it. At which point there was a spike and we now have "hundreds". It's basic marketing. Exaggerate a bit to get people moving. Make it out that if you want to get a ST, you need to be on this list. So, Hearts get a self-identifying bunch of potential customers to target should they need to. It's just good business.

Hearts now have hundreds of people they can call in the summer and push STs at if spaces open up. I know several people who are on it, but only one got a call offering him a ST last year, so it's at least bigger than the annual ST churn.

I don't get why some people seem so insecure about this. It's been good marketing from Hearts and helps keep crowds high and income rolling in.

21 minutes ago, SammytheSlug said:

You said Hearts had an imaginary waiting list. I confirmed that Hearts do have a waiting list.

What happened is really simple. STs sold out in June 2022, and people who got in touch to buy at that point were offered to be put on standby. This was the beginning of the waiting list that seems to irk people so much.

The list had "dozens" on it until Mckinlay said we had 7,000 on it. At which point there was a spike and we now have "hundreds". It's basic marketing. Exaggerate a bit to get people moving. Make it out that if you want to get a ST, you need to be on this list. So, Hearts get a self-identifying bunch of potential customers to target should they need to. It's just good business.

Hearts now have hundreds of people they can call in the summer and push STs at if spaces open up. I know several people who are on it, but only one got a call offering him a ST last year, so it's at least bigger than the annual ST churn.

I don't get why some people seem so insecure about this. It's been good marketing from Hearts and helps keep crowds high and income rolling in.

Not arguing the case and certainly not insecure about it, I agree it's good marketing from Hearts.  All I'm saying is the 7k waiting list is bullshit which you've confirmed.

Some of the beauts who follow you though seem to think it's some kind of badge of honour.  Surprised it's not been added to your honours list alongside winning the first world war, the Tennents sixes and Texaco cup runners up tbh.

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Not arguing the case and certainly not insecure about it, I agree it's good marketing from Hearts.  All I'm saying is the 7k waiting list is bullshit which you've confirmed.

Some of the beauts who follow you though seem to think it's some kind of badge of honour.  Surprised it's not been added to your honours list alongside winning the first world war, the Tennents sixes and Texaco cup runners up tbh.

Fair enough.

I think you might be falling for some online wind-ups there. I've never met a Hearts fan who seriously believes the 7,000 figure. People joke about it, but that's it.

Just a smart bit of marketing, for me.

7 minutes ago, SammytheSlug said:

Fair enough.

I think you might be falling for some online wind-ups there. I've never met a Hearts fan who seriously believes the 7,000 figure. People joke about it, but that's it.

Just a smart bit of marketing, for me.

Let me introduce you to @Wester Hailes Skins

• Haha 12
1 hour ago, SammytheSlug said:

I say that you may be the victim of an online wind-up, and you counter this by directing me to (I presume) a Hearts fan who posts on your Aberdeen messageboard?

Ok.

No no no no, not an online wind up at all, a hearts fan yes, but one that will vehemently argue not only have they a massive waiting list,. But are historically the 3rd biggest team in Scotland.(due to tennant cup sixes wins or some shite)

sad really.

14 minutes ago, Russell said:

Does anybody here go on other teams sites and sign up and post as 'the voice of reason' for Dons fans? Seems a very wanky thing to do.

Money on @zeroisgod76

Not just me that finds that weird.

Just go on pieandbovril fs. Argue with opposition fans until your heart (npi) is content.

1 minute ago, RAZOR said:

Not just me that finds that weird.

Just go on pieandbovril fs. Argue with opposition fans until your heart (npi) is content.

They are way, way too accommodating of huns and tims on there. It is ran by weegie St Mirren fans so can't be too surprised. 

33 minutes ago, Russell said:

Does anybody here go on other teams sites and sign up and post as 'the voice of reason' for Dons fans? Seems a very wanky thing to do.

Money on @zeroisgod76

Who rattled your cage?

FWIW i don't post on other teams forums and certainly wouldn't be the voice of reason if i did.

Also just looked at your profile as don't think i've ever had any interaction with you and saw your introductory post. I'm honoured you signed up just to block me, but i also was in the P&J in the mid 90's after winning the Highland League fantasy football manager of the month. I did get the Tennents, although £200 of vouchers would have been far preferable. Got the cutting from the P&J at home somewhere (think i was 18 or 19).

Celtics Abada apparently agreeing a deal to head to the US MLS team Charlotte FC for 8M. Puts things into perspective. I think the MLS is often incredibly boring to watch, particularly with no relegation involved, but the sums of money that they can throw about is eye opening these days. 

8 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Celtics Abada apparently agreeing a deal to head to the US MLS team Charlotte FC for 8M. Puts things into perspective. I think the MLS is often incredibly boring to watch, particularly with no relegation involved, but the sums of money that they can throw about is eye opening these days. 

Wtf are the tims up.to

10 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Every league seems to be improving or getting good investment from TV or Investors but we seem to just be going backwards.  And thats just the SPFL let alone lower leagues

55 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Let’s be clear. It’s fucking weird. 

It is indeed. It's like bring a normal guy who shags burds, but registers on Grindr or some other gay platform and starts discussing thngs like sucking cock and taking a good, solid length up the farter. Just plain weird behaviour. 

9 hours ago, Russell said:

Money on @zeroisgod76

Fuck no! It’s hard enough getting abused on here by your own kind. 
Fair play to skins and the Hibs lad that have been on here for years. Resilience in the extreme, but fucking weird doing it.  presumably off their tits on smack when they post..

1 hour ago, perthshirered said:

It is indeed. It's like bring a normal guy who shags burds, but registers on Grindr or some other gay platform and starts discussing thngs like sucking cock and taking a good, solid length up the farter. Just plain weird behaviour. 

Did you have to pay a subscription to fulfil that particular fantasy? 
bet you’re glad to have got that off your chest..it’s good to talk, min! 

2 hours ago, englishred said:

Every league seems to be improving or getting good investment from TV or Investors but we seem to just be going backwards.  And thats just the SPFL let alone lower leagues

Fans the guys running it are happy to stick out the same product season after season. We “need” 4 Glasgow league derbies a season. Every team “needs” to play them 3 or 4 times each a season. 

and it’s going so well

10 hours ago, Dons79 said:

No no no no, not an online wind up at all, a hearts fan yes, but one that will vehemently argue not only have they a massive waiting list,. But are historically the 3rd biggest team in Scotland.(due to tennant cup sixes wins or some shite)

sad really.

You forgot to add the hotel, that glorified B&B will bring in millions in extra revenue every year according to skins