Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Nah, won’t be punted tomorrow.

The next two games, however…. Maybe

It's a big month.Β 

We've got 7 games between now and the 27th December at which point we'll have completed 2 rounds of fixtures (more or less) and we'll be just about to enter the January window.Β 

His record based on his tenure so far would suggest we'll win 2, draw 1 and lose 4.Β  He needs to improve on that ratio or we'll still be circling the drain.Β 

Nae doubt I'll get accused of pishing my pants and focusing on the negatives rather than the potential positives though.Β 

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's a big month.Β 

We've got 7 games between now and the 27th December at which point we'll have completed 2 rounds of fixtures (more or less) and we'll be just about to enter the January window.Β 

His record based on his tenure so far would suggest we'll win 2, draw 1 and lose 4.Β  He needs to improve on that ratio or we'll still be circling the drain.Β 

Nae doubt I'll get accused of pishing my pants and focusing on the negatives rather than the potential positives though.Β 

You’re just being factual & realistic.

No point in supporting Glass & seeing things that are just not there.Β 

42 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's a big month.Β 

With Glass in charge, we’ve got every right to be worried about relegation.

Lose tomorrow and it’s 3 defeats on the spin. 8 defeats in 11. Only 2 wins from the last 16 games inΒ all competitions.Β Only 4 wins in 15 league games this season. Probably only Uncle Ebbe’s 1st season comes close to matching that formΒ 

Make the change now for someone decent and Europe is still very doableΒ 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ach well, it’s all rainbows & unicorns then.

Β 

Nae quite, but glad Ross County got an equaliser.

Pretty sure I had a 1-1 down on my predictor.

Β 

I’m nae hopeful for tomorrow, but December gives us a run of games to hopefully start picking up the results and we all have a merry christmas

2 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Both Utd and HeartsΒ have been poor yet again andΒ are still winning. There is absolutely an element of luck on their side this season. Neither of them have a better group of players than us. An incredibly frustrating season.

Β 

Must be something else then...maybe they have better managers.

18 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Nae quite, but glad Ross County got an equaliser.

Pretty sure I had a 1-1 down on my predictor.

Β 

I’m nae hopeful for tomorrow, but December gives us a run of games to hopefully start picking up the results and we all have a merry christmas

Think I had 0-1Β ?

The lack of goals at one end & the constant shipping goals at the other end don’t make me confident of any games to be honest.

Even the Livi & St Mirren games at Pittodrie.Β 

Just do not see how anyone can think Glass can or will turn this around.

His past & also the present tell us he won’t.Β 

Β 

47 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

With Glass in charge, we’ve got every right to be worried about relegation.

Lose tomorrow and it’s 3 defeats on the spin. 8 defeats in 11. Only 2 wins from the last 16 games inΒ all competitions.Β Only 4 wins in 15 league games this season. Probably only Uncle Ebbe’s 1st season comes close to matching that formΒ 

Make the change now for someone decent and Europe is still very doableΒ 

Aye, the change has to be now.

No pointΒ wasting another 3-4 games or Cormack trying to save face after his Radio Scotland defence of Glass a while ago. Β 
Β Β 
I said at the time when he did that, he’d maybe backed himself in to a corner, & will look daft if he sacks Glass 6 or 7 games later.

Β 

58 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not sure he was with that post to be fair.

He was being factual.

Facetious and factual.

He supports Glass. That’s his choice.

On the basis of what I have no fucking idea.

4 league wins going in to December, for the club with the 3rd biggest budget, should be sackable, undoubtedlyΒ 

I’m not a troll, although it was a bit of an arsey post and poor banter to be fair.

Β 

What I am is a supporter of the team, not Glass per say.
I supported McInness long after others were calling for his head.
I said he deserved to be given an opportunity to reshape the team given the stability he had brought us. I probably also was in the β€œbe careful what you wish for” camp.

Last year we started off looking like he had gotten a blend and started playing better football with Watkins, Hedges and Wright making it very enjoyable to watch. After October it was very turgid to watch and I too agreed it was time for McInness to go.

With a new manager though, I knew it would take time, regardless of who the manager was and how experienced they were. It was never going to be blowing other teams away right off the bat and knew we would be in a transitional period. I therefore believe any new manager needs to be given the time to implement a successful team.

This season, I’ve only been disappointed in about 3 games (Dundee, Motherwell and Dundee Utd). This is down to performance on the pitch (effort mostly) Β and not based on the results which obviously could and should have been better.

There are still plenty of support in the stands like me that are willing to give Glass a bit longer to turn it around

2 points off the bottom is of course worrying and Glass will need to start getting better results especially against so-called weaker teams in the league, else no doubt the support will turn as being in a relegation battle is not good enough.

December therefore will be a big pivotal month.

4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I’m not a troll, although it was a bit of an arsey post and poor banter to be fair.

Β 

What I am is a supporter of the team, not Glass per say.
I supported McInness long after others were calling for his head.
I said he deserved to be given an opportunity to reshape the team given the stability he had brought us. I probably also was in the β€œbe careful what you wish for” camp.

Last year we started off looking like he had gotten a blend and started playing better football with Watkins, Hedges and Wright making it very enjoyable to watch. After October it was very turgid to watch and I too agreed it was time for McInness to go.

With a new manager though, I knew it would take time, regardless of who the manager was and how experienced they were. It was never going to be blowing other teams away right off the bat and knew we would be in a transitional period. I therefore believe any new manager needs to be given the time to implement a successful team.

This season, I’ve only been disappointed in about 3 games (Dundee, Motherwell and Dundee Utd). This is down to performance on the pitch (effort mostly) Β and not based on the results which obviously could and should have been better.

There are still plenty of support in the stands like me that are willing to give Glass a bit longer to turn it around

2 points off the bottom is of course worrying and Glass will need to start getting better results especially against so-called weaker teams in the league, else no doubt the support will turn as being in a relegation battle is not good enough.

December therefore will be a big pivotal month.

per se*

I'd be more inclined to agree with the bit in bold if there was any evidence they were fixing the glaring holes.Β But the fact is that this squad is hugely underperforming and there's no indication thisΒ coaching staff areΒ (or are even capable of) rectifying what's going wrong.

Purely gut instinct, but on the evidence to dateΒ I'd bet against GlassΒ turning things around and more likely that we'll slide deeper into the shit the longer thisΒ goes on

Glass isn’t getting sacked. He’s Cormack’s chum and only choice as manager. We are stuck with him until Dave himself gets bored. Since he bides in America he won’t lose much sleep as chairman with the vast defeats as we are his hobby.Β 
No one really thinks he takes this role as chairman at Aberdeen FC seriously?!Β 
If so, get your head examined.

• Upvote 1

It’s at the stage now where we are grateful for teams like Hearts, Hibs & Utd for taking points from the teams below/competing with us.Β 
Β 

it’s pretty fkn incredible (ridiculous really) that ANY manager can survive this kind of status at Aberdeen. Even as the chairman’s buddy/wee pet puppet project.

Far more competent managers would have been binned sooner with better records without the arrogance of Cormack to protect them. Cormack showing in many ways to being worse than Milne ever was but just loves the spotlight more to sell his snake oil to the muppet massesΒ 

27 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

per se*

I'd be more inclined to agree with the bit in bold if there was any evidence they were fixing the glaring holes.Β But the fact is that this squad is hugely underperforming and there's no indication thisΒ coaching staff areΒ (or are even capable of) rectifying what's going wrong.

Purely gut instinct, but on the evidence to dateΒ I'd bet against GlassΒ turning things around and more likely that we'll slide deeper into the shit the longer thisΒ goes on

There’s no doubt, our major issue has been defensively and goalkeeping errors. I’m sure you’ll agree that we’ve not had a settled defence this year from the personnel changes (only Considine was considered to be a defender from last seasons squad), to new players taking time to settle in (Bates, started horrendously and a bomb scare, but seemed to be settling down), to players adapting to new roles (McCrorie, I think he’s been very good and improving each game in defence), to Scottish I ternationalists (Gallagher just seemed too laid back when he first started playing in the team), to developing and integrating youths (Ramsay could play a full match at the start of the season) and of course the injuries.

Thats not making excuses incidentally, but certainly a factor in not having had a settled side there yet that have been able to bond into a cohesive unit.

Maybe Glass and his team can’t do it, maybe there is evidence to suggest he’s never proven it, yet maybe, once we get the defence settles, we’ll be better in that department.

2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

There’s no doubt, our major issue has been defensively and goalkeeping errors. I’m sure you’ll agree that we’ve not had a settled defence this year from the personnel changes (only Considine was considered to be a defender from last seasons squad), to new players taking time to settle in (Bates, started horrendously and a bomb scare, but seemed to be settling down), to players adapting to new roles (McCrorie, I think he’s been very good and improving each game in defence), to Scottish I ternationalists (Gallagher just seemed too laid back when he first started playing in the team), to developing and integrating youths (Ramsay could play a full match at the start of the season) and of course the injuries.

Thats not making excuses incidentally, but certainly a factor in not having had a settled side there yet that have been able to bond into a cohesive unit.

Maybe Glass and his team can’t do it, maybe there is evidence to suggest he’s never proven it, yet maybe, once we get the defence settles, we’ll be better in that department.

When are you going back to Atlanta Dave?Β