Scotlands Useless Referees

Is everyone sure the yellow was for the stamp. I thought what happened was celtic unfairly won the free kick then for some reason twat face decided to stamp on Taylor then have a massive rant at the ref ( maybe because he wasn't sending Taylor off for being the victim of a stamp) and I was under the impression he then got booked for dissent.

I thought he booked him for dissent - stamp was right in front of the 4th official who also took no action to bring it to McLeans attention

The club needs to kick up fuck about the officiating last night. Remaining quiet about what was almost surreal refereeing in Celtic's favour does nothing but encourage them to get away with cheating the next time, and the time after that, and the time after that.

Our club has long lacked the bollocks to speak up in the face of cheating, and it's long overdue that AFC grew a pair.

The number of times Celtic players stamped, fouled, and body-checked Dons players right in front of the referee, and got away with it or at worst mildly rebuked, gives lie to the idea that it was mere incompetence, and crosses over the line into openly cheating.

If I didn't already know that referees offer this kind of service to Celtic (and formerly Rangers) for free I'd be convinced money had changed hands between CFC and the officials.

What's most disappointing isn't that the authorities in Scotland are corrupt, but that AFC is almost certainly too gutless to protest it.

Whilst I agree, it could also be detrimental to us.

More than likely the Refereeing body would close ranks and doubtless life would become more difficult for us in games.

I'm normally of the mind set that we are a bit paranoid about officials. I still think that. I just think last night the referee started lenient and backed himself into the corner. I don't think there was any cheating but a major lack of bottle with big decisions. I'd say it's worth highlighting the calls but we've has some calls that have went our way too..

I'm normally of the mind set that we are a bit paranoid about officials. I still think that. I just think last night the referee started lenient and backed himself into the corner. I don't think there was any cheating but a major lack of bottle with big decisions. I'd say it's worth highlighting the calls but we've has some calls that have went our way too..

That Celtic player knew exactly what he was doing. He looked down and took aim, ffs. To me the ref never shat it, he bare faced cheated, not just at this incident, he was at it from the off. Broon's 2 fouls one after the other was sheer neddery.

That Celtic player knew exactly what he was doing. He looked down and took aim, ffs. To me the ref never shat it, he bare faced cheated, not just at this incident, he was at it from the off. Broon's 2 fouls one after the other was sheer neddery.

He shat it constantly I thought. There was a break in the second half where biton I think, body checked mcginn. There was only then and another celtic player there, the ball was there, mclean could not have been looking anywhere else but it was the 4th official who gave it. He shat the penalty, shat giving brown a yellow for two fouls in 10 seconds early in the match.

I generally err on the side of just thinking that the refs in this country are inept however when it is decisions so obvious like some last night you begin to wonder if there is more to it.

He shat it constantly I thought. There was a break in the second half where biton I think, body checked mcginn. There was only then and another celtic player there, the ball was there, mclean could not have been looking anywhere else but it was the 4th official who gave it. He shat the penalty, shat giving brown a yellow for two fouls in 10 seconds early in the match.

I generally err on the side of just thinking that the refs in this country are inept however when it is decisions so obvious like some last night you begin to wonder if there is more to it.

The fact that too many teams rely on the OF pound and therefore OF teams in with a shout of titles, guarantees nothing will be said, nevermind change.

Depressing as fuck!

Whilst I agree, it could also be detrimental to us.

More than likely the Refereeing body would close ranks and doubtless life would become more difficult for us in games.

Concur. I was discussing with friends how many decisions Chelski got against them this season, after their bullying of officials last year. Ha ha!

I know, different league, but with the status quo in Scotland rarely changing, I thought it easier to bring in a comparison from elsewhere.

Does anyone speak to Championship team fans? I'd be interested to hear their take on refereeing of Sevco games. Are the zombies getting the same preferential treatment?

Was it McGhee (as Manager) who complained a Referee 's decision and we then got a series of red cards in following games. Would the "Establishment" close ranks again?

I think that was during Craig Browns era, I could be wrong.

I remember it well. We had a run of ridiculous red cards after complaining about the refs in Scotland. The only way the cheating could be more obvious is if the refs and linesmen wore Celtic tops.

Collum on Monday!

Safe money on Rooney pen 1st goalscorer.

Must be getting Celtic worried now if they are bringing in Gollum. McLean (although he tried) failed them, so they have to rely on "old faithful" to make sure we get slowed/stopped.

He is shameless. He hides his corrption quite well sometimes with incompetence.

I see poor Ross County have to suffer McLean tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

Gollum & McLean were always a given for this thread but surprised to see Madden added (not really)

Really getting harder & harder to argue that there is no bias/corruption with our officials.

Only EVER see fk ups against Celtic when it doesn't matter, ie already running away with games, title etc.

Imagine if they had a referees performance in the next game that cost them points like we have lately. There would be fkn hell on in the media etc.

Maybe Morton will get the benefit & get a replay out of their Scottish cup tie or something but no chance in hell any ref will fk them over like we have been in the league lately.

Guest the shepherd

Is Bob Valentine still living? He was arguably our last decent, consistently good ref (bar the offside third goal he awarded to rangers in the 1987 Skol Cup Final when he was quoted as being scared for his life if he chopped it off).