Aberdeen V St Johnstone (1 - 5)

Yup tord's line up for me. Only experimenting that needs doing is how, in that 4231 formation with our best 11 save Reynolds replacing Quinn or Consi, do we get the best out of Rooney.

Good point by someone above in response to someone, forget who, putting Goodwillie into the middle 3. Problem is he doesn't seem to have the discipline to stay there, instead pushing forwArds and lo, suddenly we're a shite ineffective 442 again.

GW is all about euro style ball retention when we're up, under pressure and desperately needing an out ball.

Where the fuck is this back 3 idea creeping in from?

I'm sorry I'm nae a fucking a tactical genius like mutton humper who is of course offered every top management job going, but I am a fan of three at the back, to play it you need your two wing backs to work very hard, and you need to play a high pressing game,

Now obviously this is a physical demanding way to play, but if you have 3 good centre backs it can be done,

From the tactical gype

Not having a go EB4B but I think if you line up like that you'll naturally shift into a back 4 with Shinnie going inside to help Jack so to be fair we're probably just talking semantics.

More importantly it needs the middle 5 to stamp out their midfield right from the off that's been missing this last two games. I think that's what people mean when they talk about Robson. Not the player (as he is now) but that type. Hate to say it but a Lego eating broon type that eats up anything coming into the half until such time as we probe their defence and see where it takes us. Both games, and I'm a fucking part timer who didn't make either so I'm happy to stand corrected, we've been on the back foot IN OUR HALF from the off.

back three has its down side's I alwAys believe that if the opposition plays one man up, then to lay a back four is wasting an extra defender and I would rather use that extra man further up the park, whet its in midfield or up.front,

It's just a simple case of do you need four defenders up.against just on striker.

A simplistic view of it.

You have to ask why we will be dominating a game and the fact that our full backs push their midfielders back and we then have basically two central defenders assisted by Jack in particular as defensive cover. If you change that to a three at the back you end up with three central defenders covered by Jack. That's one more than you had before losing a body from midfield.

A back three v one striker is effectively having three looking after one striker instead of 2. Why do you think mcinnes went with three centre backs in Europe? To be more or less tight at the back?

Lot of of posts about must win game, must play best 11 etc. Look at Saint J's last 2 results. We would be going apeshit if we got them results so for me and we've seen it all before, we could get beat on Saturday and it would hardly be an earth shattering result. Of course hope we get it right but our problem in the last 2 seasons is that we have been dying on our arses by the end of March as Deek has been flogging the same 12/13 players all season. Now we are out of League Cup and need to concentrate on league to keep up interest he has got to keep introducing what we see as fringe players to hopefully give us 15/18 first team squad so we can last a full season. Europa League group matches and League Cup ? Let's leave that to the Tims now and try and get a league run going again.

You had a wank in Tesco car park. No one really cares what you think.

tommo has a point here eb4b. A nature wank I think most of us could understand, but Tesco car-park - that's almost criminal. I think any future outdoor wanks you have should be confined to remote areas. That's some rock solid ChutneyLove advice for you there, and it's free.

tommo has a point here eb4b. A nature wank I think most of us could understand, but Tesco car-park - that's almost criminal. I think any future outdoor wanks you have should be confined to remote areas. That's some rock solid ChutneyLove advice for you there, and it's free.

Was the act done in his car or outside in the actual car park? as that's two different set of circumstance....like playing 3 or 4 defenders...

St Johnstone are going to test our defence for sure. Have to expect that we will concede if we allow players the space we have in our last two games.

Standing off players against Hibs & Caley has cost us goals.

Strikers will have to earn their money next week to compensate.

We got away for abit but I'd now be glad to see Reynolds back in there.