Ross County V Aberdeen (2 - 0)

I have to agree with the points being made about players playing out of position or being left out.

I think McKinnes let the league position and the hype go to his head a little bit .

He's trying use this squad rota system that we just do not have the depth of quality to get away with it unfortunately.

If I was Rooney , considering his record I would be completely demoralised with some of the decisions to leave him out.

Especially for Goodwillie. There's a reason other clubs kept getting rid of him and I've yet to see any amount of quality from him either....

I'm definitely in the get Rooney back up top every game camp.

McInnes made some baffling decisions last season. Winning the first eight games of this season put greater focus on the team.

He didn't tonight or against St Johnstone though. He missed great chances in both games.

I'm not denying how important his goals or he has been himself. It surely can't be argued that he isn't scoring the chances he would have taken at a canter last season? If he was scoring anything near a goal a game then of course he should be playing.

You do remember saying above that last seasons games didn't matter? Rooney missed plenty of chances last season, and at times was very frustrating. He finished the season on 28 goals.

This season? Yep, still missing chances but also still top goalscorer.

If we play football on the deck he's brilliant at holding the ball up and feeding chances for others.

If we play the ball in the air or in to the channels then he's pretty ineffective.

If Rooney isn't scoring goals then what does he bring?

Hahaha. IF we play football on the deck he's brilliant.

His workrate is 10,0000x anything I've seen from Goodwillie for a start.

I'll take the goals over a style we may or may not play.

Rooney brings goals. What does Goodwillie bring?

The ability to mis-control the ball using his shin. The ability to look for one touch too many, thus allowing defenders to tackle him and the chance gone. The ability to fall like a sack of tatties in a fashion not seen since Lee Miller graced the famous red shirt.

Goodwillie is not all he's cracked up to be.

Give me Rooney every day of the week.

Square pegs.

I must have said this 3 times now (maybe 4).

Now, where have I said that before? A manager springs to mind?

Aye min. I noticed you had said that a few times like .

It's right though.

Mcinnes thinks he's being some sort of tactician with all this rota system and horses for courses strategies.

Well, results speak for themselves.

This pish has only really started since he started fucking about with the team.

I'll counter that... if Goodwillie decides to have an off day and everything bounces off him (as it tends to do when he has an off day) what does he bring?

I see both sides of the coin by the way.

Not a lot. I would hope the manager wouldn't be selecting anyone if they had the intention of having an off day though.

You do remember saying above that last seasons games didn't matter? Rooney missed plenty of chances last season, and at times was very frustrating. He finished the season on 28 goals.

This season? Yep, still missing chances but also still top goalscorer.

I asked what the games from last season had to do with Goodwillie's scoring run. It's a new season as far as I'm concerned.

In regards to mentioning Rooney from last season, I'm talking about him missing chances this year that he would have taken last year. Nothing to do with form or how he played. You know that but are being awkward for the sake of it.

If Rooney scores against Motherwell, I'll be the first guy to say how happy I am.

The ability to mis-control the ball using his shin. The ability to look for one touch too many, thus allowing defenders to tackle him and the chance gone. The ability to fall like a sack of tatties in a fashion not seen since Lee Miller graced the famous red shirt.

Goodwillie is not all he's cracked up to be.

Give me Rooney every day of the week.

I've always said, I would love to see Goodwillie playing at full potential. He is clearly extremely talented but we're not seeing it at all.

I asked what the games from last season had to do with Goodwillie's scoring run. It's a new season as far as I'm concerned.

In regards to mentioning Rooney from last season, I'm talking about him missing chances this year that he would have taken last year. Nothing to do with form or how he played. You know that but are being awkward for the sake of it.

If Rooney scores against Motherwell, I'll be the first guy to say how happy I am.

Snap with Goodwillie. In an ideal world they would both be banging them in.

Hopefully we smash Motherwell next week and get it right up MM.

Still a long way to go. COYR!

Not a lot. I would hope the manager wouldn't be selecting anyone if they had the intention of having an off day though.

He seems to be like that with a few people on here I have noticed. Maybe he is unhappy in his life or gay and not sure how to come out and finds comfort in the internet and being awkward with people or asking for pictures of them. Either way there is something very much unhinged and strange about him.

Snap with Goodwillie. In an ideal world they would both be banging them in.

Hopefully we smash Motherwell next week and get it right up MM.

Still a long way to go. COYR!

Plenty more football to be played.

As you sort of said in another thread, if we go on another winning run like the one at the beginning of the season then it's going to be an interesting season.

And that works both ways...

I'd personally play Rooney (goals) if McInnes is going to play his team the way he's playing them but that's just me.

Truth be told, if Rooney is banging them in then he must play.

I'm not even campaigning for Rooney to be dropped. I was arguing the case that he'll get a lot more leeway than most.

He seems to be like that with a few people on here I have noticed. Maybe he is unhappy in his life or gay and not sure how to come out and finds comfort in the internet and being awkward with people or asking for pictures of them. Either way there is something very much unhinged and strange about him.

Massive woooooooosh on the picture front buddy.

Unlucky though.

I have said already that the team are just not tough enough. We are also lacking in height and strength in midfield. I think Deke played the players he did to match up to their fight and strength but we were just not up to the task, we don't have the players. Instead we should be looking to play football.

However, Considine at fault for both goals. 1st goal he played them onside on the lead up to the goal. 2nd goal he starts from a poor position when he should have anticipated the danger and looked to cover before he did. As stated he is the weakest link and offers very little going forward, should be benched. However, Deke started with a negative team that were out fought and we got what we deserved. To be fare he did try to adjust the formation but we were already on the back foot and gave them the confidence to go for every ball.

Our final ball is just abysmal. How many crosses floated in or to the only f#cking area in the box where there was no red shirt.

Anyway, good result against Motherwell and Celtic and all is forgiven and we put this displays behind us.

An inside joke, you sure know how to make new members welcome don't you......... :ThumbsDown: think i'll just not bother with posting, seen enough to put me off already.

If that's enough to put you off then I'd guess this forum is definitely not for you!

No Jack, Flood in. Of many problems this was the main one.

Could have done with Jack tonight.

I know it's against the tide but give me Goodwillie over Rooney all day long. Rooney just doesn't have the attributes to be a modern day striker. No pace, no ability to bring others into the game and little strength. If I was Deke I would be looking to off load the three of them and start again. Not a complete striker at the club.

I know it's against the tide but give me Goodwillie over Rooney all day long. Rooney just doesn't have the attributes to be a modern day striker. No pace, no ability to bring others into the game and little strength. If I was Deke I would be looking to off load the three of them and start again. Not a complete striker at the club.

What a complete load of pish that is bud.

How the fuck did Rooney manage to score 28 goals last season if he doesn't have the abilities?