Gibraltar V Scotland (0 - 6)

For me it's simple.

I follow Aberdeen, through good and bad times. I feel a connection.

I feel no connection for Scotland as a football team. I love my nation, but for me there is a disconnect mostly to do with the institutional bias that'd displayed in most squad selections, the constant lazy picking of English dross to the detriment of homegrown Scottish players. The incompetence of the people running the game. The list goes on.

I don't give a fuck about the National team.

For me it's simple.

I feel no connection for Scotland as a football team. I love my nation, but for me there is a disconnect mostly to do with the institutional bias that'd displayed in most squad selections, the constant lazy picking of English dross to the detriment of homegrown Scottish players. The incompetence of the people running the game. The list goes on.

I don't think I could have summed it up better. That's exactly how I'm feeling at the moment, and I never thought I'd see the day.

Let's hope we can turn it round soon or I fear it may be gone forever.

For me it's simple.

Getting gey close to this myself. It's a crying shame too, theoretically I love the national team and have been going to watch Scotland since 1985. But all the fun has gone out of it. Was discussing this with the guys I went to Hampden with on Thursday night and we all agreed that being there felt like a chore, even before the game.

I used to look forward to Scotland matches for weeks in advance too. Something has gone badly wrong.

For me it's simple.

This.

Exactly.

You can't point to one or two moment as to why we went out,

We were knocked out because we were not good enough.

I wasn't pointing at anything as to why we went out. Thats obviously ifs and buts.

What I said was , there wasn't a lot of margin for error in that group.

I then gave two examples of errors .

My point stands.

We were good enough to match Poland and Eire.

Who gives a fuck who was playing. It was basically a friendly. Do we normally give a fuck who plays in a meaningless friendly?

Good few of those playing tonight were only playing because it was likely their last game for Scotland, so who the fuck cares? A lot of petty bitching from wee girls with twisted punties.

Glad Shinnie didn't play at least. He's carrying a wee injury last few games & we need him for County game.

As for S Fletcher. He should never play for Scotland unless a manager with balls was willing to be more attack minded & provide him the service he can score from. No matter how shite some think he is, if he gets the service he can put the ball in the net & he's proved this at a higher level than the likes of Griffiths has for example. Griffiths is by far a better all round player/striker with far better skills/technique but Fletcher is like a poor mans Boyd that can put the ball in the net given the chance.

Don't want him playing for Scotland but he's not near as bad as some make out on here. His record at a shite Sunderland team is decent, all things considered.

I like following Scotland but couldn't give a fuck about tonights game. Seems a lot that don't give a fuck about the National team give more of a fuck about tonights game than those that actually follow the team. Either that or they just love to club together & moan.

The Scotland team has been shite for fkn years. Who gives a fuck, we are the Spartans of International football. Do you expect Spartans to get far in the Scottish cup? We don't have ANY star players. We have better players not getting games that should be in ahead of most of the shite that gets in yes but we do not have one single STAR player to call on.

Exactly.

You can't point to one or two moment as to why we went out,

We were knocked out because we were not good enough.

Exactly. When you are reduced to talking about luck for 15 odd years it is because you simply aren't good enough.

Scottish football is too corrupt and rotten to the core to produce a decent national team.