Gibraltar V Scotland (0 - 6)

For those wanting Strachan sacked. Are you not a little worried that the SFA may approach McInnes for the job?

Not many others out there that I can see interesting them really. McNamara has proven he's pish. Cannot think of many more (with the required arse cheek links) that would be worth a look.

Maybe they would try & get Fergie out of his armchair

I really hope they do come calling for McInnes. That would show at least a little bit of a desire for change and say to me that we're heading in the right direction. Hopefully we'd tell Scotland to gwa and take a fuck to themselves but I'd be more than happy for them to approach Derek. Could he do both?

What was your recent stat with domestic players and the national team again?

Was that the one where we've not had a home based player since x and the countries that have? I'm sure all the home nations were at it bar England.

I really hope they do come calling for McInnes. That would show at least a little bit of a desire for change and say to me that we're heading in the right direction. Hopefully we'd tell Scotland to gwa and take a fuck to themselves but I'd be more than happy for them to approach Derek. Could he do both?

Was that the one where we've not had a home based player since x and the countries that have? I'm sure all the home nations were at it bar England.

Outwith Celtic, aye. Dig it up

Did folk honestly believe we would qualify from that group? We gave it a good go and that is about all we can expect at the moment. We were 1 result away from pipping Ireland to the playoffs.

Aye the mighty Ireland....a team we took 4 points from. Yet they still finished above us.

It's all very sad watching Scotland.

The what if's every 2 years.

The discussions on what's wrong with the game.

Nothing EVER changes though.

An organisation so against change as it would effectively be turkeys voting for Christmas. Too many jobs for the boys.

I don't think there have been many what ifs the past twenty years.

We are normally never at the races apart from Euro08.

Coming behind Poland and Ireland is par for the course.

Compared to most other groups it was one of more competitive, esp withIreland outdoing Germany. The Dutch group was another group we wouldn't have qualified from .

Compared to most other groups it was one of more competitive, esp withIreland outdoing Germany. The Dutch group was another group we wouldn't have qualified from .

You're pretty spot on Bloots. We lose away to Macedonia and folk will blame the heat etc. We're just not good enough.

We've won 4 games in this qualifying campaign. 2 of those were against the no hopers from Gibraltar. In the old system the results against these teams were disregarded, in that scenario we would end up with 2 wins. It's easier than ever to qualify and we still could not manage this.

The only time we looked like a team that was heading in the right direction is the Ireland game at home. Strachan can moan about luck all he wants. We've had plenty of it.

Euro 2004 Scotland got to the Play off V Holland.

The play off against Holland, Darren Fletcher and McFadden etc playing with no fear whatsoever.

Look at Fletcher whenever he plays for Scotland now. It's coached out of them.

The first leg perhaps,

In Amsterdam Scotland got beat by their biggest margin for over 40 years. 6-0

Sorry @@RAZOR I've came up statless.

We're not calling up players from our home leagues (Ireland, Wales, and Norn Irn are at it as well) and it's just destroying the reputation and quality of our leagues. However, all the others have gotten something from it, a chance at or guaranteed qualification. We've got fuck all, and have had fuck all for almost the past 2 decades. Using the national team as a tool to better the league is our best option to progress the game up here imo. It might not be pretty for a while, but we need to do something. We had a gift of qualification from UEFA and we fucked it. If Strachan keeps his job then I'm done for the next 2 years at least because there's just nothing going to change, evidenced by his selection of Greer last night.

Sorry @@RAZOR I've came up statless.

We're not calling up players from our home leagues (Ireland, Wales, and Norn Irn are at it as well) and it's just destroying the reputation and quality of our leagues. However, all the others have gotten something from it, a chance at or guaranteed qualification. We've got fuck all, and have had fuck all for almost the past 2 decades. Using the national team as a tool to better the league is our best option to progress the game up here imo. It might not be pretty for a while, but we need to do something. We had a gift of qualification from UEFA and we fucked it. If Strachan keeps his job then I'm done for the next 2 years at least because there's just nothing going to change, evidenced by his selection of Greer last night.

Seem to remember you posting it up on FB as well.

RoI, Wales and Norn Ire don't call up players from their domestic leagues either tbf.

We beat Macedonia away last campaign.

We lost 1-0 away to Macedonia in 2009, and the heat was certainly used as an excuse. TBF I think it may have been valid but also evidence of another SFA fuck-up as they agreed to play the match at a time when they knew it would be baking hot. Seem to remember there was a right old stink in the press about it after the game.

I found it funny that during the game against Poland, Ian Crocker tried to demean Lewandowski's top scorer in the Euro qualifying as prior to scoring against us, 9 of his 10 goals had been against Gibraltar (6) and Georgia (3). I was thinking how that was a great way to demean it when Scotland scored 0 goals against Georgia in two attempts...

We lost 1-0 away to Macedonia in 2009, and the heat was certainly used as an excuse. TBF I think it may have been valid but also evidence of another SFA fuck-up as they agreed to play the match at a time when they knew it would be baking hot. Seem to remember there was a right old stink in the press about it after the game.

We did. In addition, I think Burley claimed he had made the correct decision in travelling out the day before and having one training session before hand...

Yeah. The main reason we lost as not the heat. It was the fact we didn't know how to play football in that heat. Ferguson was out, injured I believe. Folk can criticise him for passing sideways all they like but that day it was what was needed. Someone to keep the ball. We flung long ball after long ball forward with no success. Ended up chasing the Macedonians round like dafties as they passed rings around us.

I found it funny that during the game against Poland, Ian Crocker tried to demean Lewandowski's top scorer in the Euro qualifying as prior to scoring against us, 9 of his 10 goals had been against Gibraltar (6) and Georgia (3). I was thinking how that was a great way to demean it when Scotland scored 0 goals against Georgia in two attempts...

:hysterical::hysterical:

Quick Wikipedia search.

Last 3 years we've had the following non Celtic players given their first caps:

Gary Mackay-Steven November 2013 (Dundee United)

Murray Davidson November 2012.(St J)

Andrew Shinnie November 2012 (ICT)

Leigh Griffiths November 2012 (Hibs)*

Liam Kelly November 2012 (Killie)

*On loan from Wolves. Griffiths only one to earn more than one cap from that lot too.

It was but we clearly learned our lesson and beat them in Maceodnia on the last campaign.

Scotland squad from last game had the following non-Celtic SPFL players:

Shinnie - Not Capped

Samson, Bain, Reynolds, Patterson all called up in last 12 months but not capped.

Northern Ireland squad from last game had the following non-Celtic SPFL players:

McGovern (Hamilton)

Mannus (St J)

McLaughlin (Aberdeen)* On Loan

McGinn (Aberdeen)

Magennis (Killie)

McKay (United)

Boyce (County)

Paul Paton (United) been capped in last 12 months also.

Wales squad

Ward (Aberdeen)* On Loan - Not Capped

Williams (ICT) - Not Capped

Jake Taylor (Motherwell) been capped in last 12 months.

So in last 12 months, the following caps outwith Celtic have been awarded (Call Ups in brackets)

NI - 8 (8)

Wales - 1 (3)

Scotland - 0 (5)