Gibraltar V Scotland (0 - 6)

Exactly. When you are reduced to talking about luck for 15 odd years it is because you simply aren't good enough.

Scottish football is too corrupt and rotten to the core to produce a decent national team.

EXACTLY! Too many suits out to line their pockets & those of their mates. It's a big group that only those connected/supportive of the two arse cheeks are allowed to join.

SFA have never given a fuck about Scottish football since the "Premier" league began. That is when they sold their flat fish & completely fell under the wing of the WCM

Who gives a fuck who was playing. It was basically a friendly. Do we normally give a fuck who plays in a meaningless friendly?

Good few of those playing tonight were only playing because it was likely their last game for Scotland, so who the fuck cares? A lot of petty bitching from wee girls with twisted punties.

Glad Shinnie didn't play at least. He's carrying a wee injury last few games & we need him for County game.

As for S Fletcher. He should never play for Scotland unless a manager with balls was willing to be more attack minded & provide him the service he can score from. No matter how shite some think he is, if he gets the service he can put the ball in the net & he's proved this at a higher level than the likes of Griffiths has for example. Griffiths is by far a better all round player/striker with far better skills/technique but Fletcher is like a poor mans Boyd that can put the ball in the net given the chance.

Don't want him playing for Scotland but he's not near as bad as some make out on here. His record at a shite Sunderland team is decent, all things considered.

I like following Scotland but couldn't give a fuck about tonights game. Seems a lot that don't give a fuck about the National team give more of a fuck about tonights game than those that actually follow the team. Either that or they just love to club together & moan.

The Scotland team has been shite for fkn years. Who gives a fuck, we are the Spartans of International football. Do you expect Spartans to get far in the Scottish cup? We don't have ANY star players. We have better players not getting games that should be in ahead of most of the shite that gets in yes but we do not have one single STAR player to call on.

We'd have a star player but he fucked off to play for Ireland. He was constantly overlooked for the squads as young one because he didn't play for Celtic or Rangers.

BBC Sportsound pundit Willie Miller

'We're basically celebrating failure'

"I believe Gordon had a two-year contract and you're employed to qualify for the competition you're competing in. We haven't qualified from a section that third would've qualified.

"So, you've got to sit down, look through it and be honest with yourself. We've got euphoria tonight and in a way that saddens me to. We're basically celebrating failure."

Ooft!

The whole system is rotten, you've got useless cunts like Ricky Sbragia involved with 'the future' that's a man who wouldn't include Jack harper in his teams because he "didn't know enough about him and couldn't get to see him" when at Madrid, he also forgot about an Aberdeen player then came crawling trying to get him in the squad to only be told he was unavailable due to an 'injury'. You then have Mcghee who, lets face it is a complete shambles of a coach, at international level you need men that can inspire you, he couldn't inspire Syrians if he walked past offering them jobs and homes, he's a useless cunt. Strachen talks a go game (beyond his sarcastic shit that is) but sadly he's failed to deliver it whether it's 100% all down to him or not that can be argues as there's far too many suits involved in the team and it is clearly having a negative effect on things, players like Greer, Berra, Steven Fletcher, Ritchie, Hutton, Whitaker and that should be nowhere near this side especially since they are fucked, there are some cracking young players coming through in and around the Scottish game but they are over looked for the tried and tested method of the old which has to change or Scotland will be left miles behind.

Of the 6 qualifying games we played in 2015, I think we only managed to take 8 points in total, 6 of which came against Gibraltar, a no-mark outfit which isn't even a full member of FIFA and has only been playing international football since 1993 (and, incidentally, was the only team in the group I was reasonably confident of us beating).

That's why we are not going on to the finals. We stink.

The whole "glorious failure" thing is really tired / threadbare by now. I am sick hearing it. It is a false narrative we cling to, to avoid facing the fact that we are shit.

And no wonder we are shit. Look at the quality of governance of our game, which we all tolerate - and so are culpable for its continuation. And the tartan army is much lauded, but imo there is very little genuine passion in Scotland for international football. The results are very much a secondary concern - its more of a carry-on / drinking session really. Look at how England fans and media react, if England don't do well. They get very angry about it and demand answers / blood / change. Its not just a laugh to them - they want to win.

Wales qualified for a finals for the first time since 1958, (well done the leek eaters), a gap of nearly 60 years. I wonder if we are looking at a similar hiatus from major finals.

And well done to Norn Iron, I am really pleased for them and this adventure really has the potential to work wonders to bring that violent shit-hole together :laughing: That is, if they don't start killing each other over arguments about who is the best player or most passionate fans :laughing: They won their group. Iceland won their group. Yet, to come third was too much to ask for us in our group.

There was a cracking picture of McGinn and Magennis taking a selfie together on the pitch, their faces were pure joy. Meanwhile, we are talking about glorious failure. Again.

Show me a 'glorious' failure, and I will show you a failure. Adjectives don't count for shit when you look back at qualification group tables.

Of the 6 qualifying games we played in 2015, I think we only managed to take 8 points in total, 6 of which came against Gibraltar, a no-mark outfit which isn't even a full member of FIFA and has only been playing international football since 1993 (and, incidentally, was the only team in the group I was reasonably confident of us beating).

That's why we are not going on to the finals. We stink.

The whole "glorious failure" thing is really tired / threadbare by now. I am sick hearing it. It is a false narrative we cling to, to avoid facing the fact that we are shit.

And no wonder we are shit. Look at the quality of governance of our game, which we all tolerate - and so are culpable for its continuation. And the tartan army is much lauded, but imo there is very little genuine passion in Scotland for international football. The results are very much a secondary concern - its more of a carry-on / drinking session really. Look at how England fans and media react, if England don't do well. They get very angry about it and demand answers / blood / change. Its not just a laugh to them - they want to win.

Wales qualified for a finals for the first time since 1958, (well done the leek eaters), a gap of nearly 60 years. I wonder if we are looking at a similar hiatus from major finals.

And well done to Norn Iron, I am really pleased for them and this adventure really has the potential to work wonders to bring that violent shit-hole together :laughing: That is, if they don't start killing each other over arguments about who is the best player or most passionate fans :laughing: They won their group. Iceland won their group. Yet, to come third was too much to ask for us in our group.

There was a cracking picture of McGinn and Magennis taking a selfie together on the pitch, their faces were pure joy. Meanwhile, we are talking about glorious failure. Again.

Show me a 'glorious' failure, and I will show you a failure. Adjectives don't count for shit when you look back at qualification group tables.

I said this 3 days ago, John-Pauly-come-lately.

It's a case of mental alignment. The Scots have 'glorious failure' engrained into their psyche... the result being failure is second nature. I'm not denying that 'glorious failure' doesn't occur... but the term is too easily applied to cover up huge shortcomings.

There was nothing 'glorious' about tonights failure... we drew 2-2 at home. We previously got beaten by hopeless fuckwits Georgia, ergo our campaign is over. I fail to see the glorious failure in that.

Yet, for reasons unknown, people are calling this "another glorious failure". I'm afraid it's just a failure. It's not like Scotland played a blinder in this competition.

I would term this campaign as 'typical failure', 'incompetent failure' or 'third rate failure' rather than anything approaching a 'glorious failure'.

There's a happy medium, I think.

Somewhere between the near-manic acceptance of defeat from the Scots and the almost psychotic refusal to accept defeat by the Yanks there's a balance between knowing what you're capable of and what you should be aiming for.

Scotland would claim 'Glorious Defeat' if they failed to qualify from a group including Lapland and Melchester Rovers, which they more or less just did. The Yanks get bubbly when they lose to the likes of Brazil and Belgium, regardless of how good those teams are, comparatively.

A knob but the best Scottish midfielder there is.

After Shinnie ;)

If that goal hadn't have gone in against Poland wouldn't it have finished with 3 teams on 18 points? And we'd have gone through with better head to heads. So pretty fine fucking margins.

No because we'd have only finished with 17.

Georgia game was the fuck up. We'd have made the play offs had we won that one.

For those wanting Strachan sacked. Are you not a little worried that the SFA may approach McInnes for the job?

Not many others out there that I can see interesting them really. McNamara has proven he's pish. Cannot think of many more (with the required arse cheek links) that would be worth a look.

Maybe they would try & get Fergie out of his armchair

For those wanting Strachan sacked. Are you not a little worried that the SFA may approach McInnes for the job?

Not many others out there that I can see interesting them really. McNamara has proven he's pish. Cannot think of many more (with the required arse cheek links) that would be worth a look.

They wouldn't have the balls - they know fine he wouldn't pander to their shit. If he could get persuaded at least players in the squads would be there on merit.

Pressed to reveal his intentions, Strachan added that there would be a "debrief" and that he would speak to the Scottish Football Association and his family to discuss his future.

"The experience has been far, far better than I thought it could ever be," he said.

"It's quite an emotional night. I'm still enjoying the players' performance, I'm still enjoying the fans' performance. I'm going to enjoy that for a bit before I start thinking about me.

"I think it is wrong to be talking about me right after a game.

"I'm working with a great bunch of players and great staff and it makes my job easy."

NO GORDON - IF YOUR JOB WAS FUCKING EASY, SCOTLAND WOULD HAVE QUALIFIED.

11 months till next competitive game, why would anyone currently involved in domestic competition consider that job.

Jackie M is free though

Pressed to reveal his intentions, Strachan added that there would be a "debrief" and that he would speak to the Scottish Football Association and his family to discuss his future.

"The experience has been far, far better than I thought it could ever be," he said.

"It's quite an emotional night. I'm still enjoying the players' performance, I'm still enjoying the fans' performance. I'm going to enjoy that for a bit before I start thinking about me.

"I think it is wrong to be talking about me right after a game.

"I'm working with a great bunch of players and great staff and it makes my job easy."

NO GORDON - IF YOUR JOB WAS FUCKING EASY, SCOTLAND WOULD HAVE QUALIFIED.

I'm nae big in the internationals game, but that really pisses me off. What a beaut of a man. Won the battle but lost the war. Infuriating