Gibraltar V Scotland (0 - 6)

As I posted in the aftermath of the Poland game, Northern Ireland's great revelation over the past campaign has been that you need to try and win every match. A staggering, breathtaking insight clearly way beyond the muppets who run our national team.

That's it in a nutshell.

You have to consider that you need to win EVERY game.

All this shxt playing for draws and accepting that you will lose against the top team is just bollocks.

If you set out your stall to do just enough to qualify, then the margin for error is small.

Scotland always Fxck up at least once, Georgia for example.

But just doing enough meant that we sat back and were happy with a draw in Dublin, when the win was there for the taking.

Losers Mentality and until that is changed we will never qualify for anything.

Jimmy Calderwood could get the job in place of Strachan cause he was a fxckin master at doing " just enough ".

Jimmy Calderwood could get the job in place of Strachan cause he was a fxckin master at doing " just enough ".

'Just enough' would still be qualifying. An international manager of Scotland has 1 job to do.

For what its worth, The King would probably make an excellent international manager.

As someone mentioned preiously, Strachan was talking about what an easy job it is to be Scotland manager.

That was a bizarre comment in light of us not qualifying...

The only way in which that comment makes sense is if he was never expected to qualify.

"No quaaalify oot the group? Fuckin' Doadle."

Job done.

You would have thought an ambitious FA would have shot Strachan and McGhee off the roof immediately after qualification became impossible, announced the intention to radically reform a footballing structure that produces nothing but third rate players and teams, and a long term plan to see qualification for major tournaments become routine once again.

A quick look at the SFA site tells us that they "revolutionised the governance and structure of Scottish football by implementing a series of historic improvements" back in 2011. That 'revolution' seems to have been handing out a few more jobs for the boys while doing fuck all to actually improve anything on the football side of things.

Agree with that Kelt. They also saw fit to ramp up prices of the Scotland tickets.

I used to enjoy Scotland games, home and away but now I can't be fucked. We've got a governing body I have no faith in, a u21 coach who's a footballing dinosaur, an acceptance of defeat in all levels, two full squad assistants who were known for agricultural football, a manager who probably couldn't name half of the u21 who started the last game, a manager who probably couldn't tell you the top 3 clubs in the top league and a manager who picks names regardless of form.

I recall the glory days of the 80s, the Scotland games were massive, I recall great occasions 3-1 against Spain at hampden, 2-0 against France on a night of heavy rain Leighton was superb,

The squad had qua in every position and despite the fact the back four picked itself for a decade, those in reserve were top notch too.

• Upvote 1

I don't mind the skirl of the bagpipes, but it has no place at the fitba.

Would be my worst nightmare standing next to some boy playing them during a game.

In one of their many doomed, risible attempts to improve the matchday experience at Murrayfield the SRU, in their infinite wisdom, decided to deposit an entire pipe band (in fairness probably the band who played during the pre-match entertainment) at the back of one of the sections in the East Stand for (I think) one of the Autumn tests. Bastards droned away every ten minutes throughout the entire game. Just so happened that that was the section I was in. Cue a deluge of complaints after the match and the swift abandoning of that genius fucking plan.

This article sums up everything wrong with Scottish football.

Our u21 manager, supposed to be responsible for nurturing the young talent coming through in this country and he's fucking clueless. And not only is he clueless, he makes it painfully clear how clueless he is every time he opens his gob.

Nothing to contest, it's the tartan wanker army trannies that seem to think Scotland are a very good side with a great manager, Scotland haven't produced a world class player for 20+ years and they probably never will, there are a few decent players but the ones that are slightly better don't get played, it's all very pointless, I don't get how the TWATs have such a high opinion of the side and the players, the whole nation is a shambles, natural born losers.

no they don't, many are seeing the true picture, you had some very accurate points until you posted that.

At least the rugby world cup has the right idea banning bag pipes. Fucking dreadful sound coming from that cunt last night.

well the ban didn't work very well, there was a pipe band playing outside the ground and a few pipers dotted around the ground on Saturday and it was great.

That is unbelievable.

Ahead of Tuesday’s clash at Pittodrie, Sbragia was asked what Iceland were getting right in their approach to internationals.

Sbragia said: "I actually couldn’t tell you because I don’t go, I haven’t seen it yet. I’ve been to some but they’ve got some formula there in one way or another.

"I presume and I might be wrong that a lot of their players play in Europe, I think that would help them as well but I think time will tell.

"I can’t really answer that question in the sense that this is what they do right all the time but they seem to bring out and churn out teams with that thought of winning. They do extremely well."

Of the 13 players who featured for Iceland Under-21s in their 1-0 win in Ukraine on Thursday, seven were domestic-based. Three play their club football in Norway, two in Denmark while one defender plays for PSV’s reserve team in the Dutch Eerste Divisie.

Iceland's A squad is comprised of players who play their club football across the continent including Sweden, Denmark, Germany and Italy. Three players are based in their homeland with a further trio plying their trade in China.

Sbragia has taken charge of two qualifiers as U21 boss since replacing Billy Stark on a permanent basis. Scotland opened the group with a 2-1 win over Northern Ireland before losing by the same scoreline to France in Aberdeen on Saturday.

no they don't, many are seeing the true picture, you had some very accurate points until you posted that.

well the ban didn't work very well, there was a pipe band playing outside the ground and a few pipers dotted around the ground on Saturday and it was great.

Donna think I would like pipes skirling in my lug when I was trying to watch a game, Diana the the pipers would have much interest in the game would take all your concentration to play the things !

Pipes at a wedding etc done by a proper piper is good. But a drunken bum kitted out in the feather cap,scotland shades,retro top and kilt is not.

I didn't realise that football was a fashion parade, I will be sure to consult you regarding what we can and can't wear at football matches from now on.

You don't see the English mincing around in morris dancing gear do you? Scotland football fans on a whole are a complete shambles, Kilts should be for special events/weddings only.

You don't see the English mincing around in morris dancing gear do you? Scotland football fans on a whole are a complete shambles, Kilts should be for special events/weddings only.

no but you do see them dressed up in other costumes like Knights, there are plenty other nations fans that dress up and add colour. I have no issue with any of them nor do I care whether a Scotland fan wears a kilt or not.