Dundee V Aberdeen (0 - 2)

going for a 0-1 win and it to be really scrappy game

ideally play the same team as ross county, but give Mclean a free role in the middle and let him spray passes about to mcginn and hayes and let them do their thing 1vs1 against the full backs.

goodwillie to get the winner to get it up the dundee fans shouting beast at him

Same team as Saturday, but second half formation and intensity.

Any Dons friendly pubs in Glasgow city centre or west end for watching this one?

Harcus is right about the Rock, apparently Glasgow dons go there, I have never been.

Nowadays, if not at the game, I tend to watch the Dons in Coopers (Great Western Rd) or less frequently Molly Malones (Hope Street).

I would say most pubs are friendly to any supporters, except hun pubs.

Most pubs will tolerate vocal support for both teams in a match, as long as people are well behaved towards each other. Thats always been my experience. Coopers is good for that, they usually show 1 or 2 games and there is a big mix of folk in (its a big pub).

I watched Aberdeen-Sellick in Coopers, with a sellick friend and the atmosphere was rivaling the game itself! Though my sellick companion insisted most folk cheering for us were actually huns!

Munros on Grt Western Road is also a good pub, but can be expensive and is aye full of Partick and USh*ted fans.

Of all these Id say Coopers is best to watch a game (next to Kelvinbridge U-ground).

Harcus is right about the Rock, apparently Glasgow dons go there, I have never been.

Nowadays, if not at the game, I tend to watch the Dons in Coopers (Great Western Rd) or less frequently Molly Malones (Hope Street).

Most pubs will tolerate vocal support for both teams in a match, as long as people are well behaved towards each other. Thats always been my experience. Coopers is good for that, they usually show 1 or 2 games and there is a big mix of folk in (its a big pub).

I watched Aberdeen-Sellick in Coopers, with a sellick friend and the atmosphere was rivaling the game itself! Though my sellick companion insisted most folk cheering for us were actually huns!

Munros on Grt Western Road is also a good pub, but can be expensive and is aye full of Partick and USh*ted fans.

Of all these Id say Coopers is best to watch a game (next to Kelvinbridge U-ground).

Where I tend to go before games at Firhill. Decent pub, it has to be said.

That is the saddest thing I think I have ever read.

1. Could afford to go out to the pub but couldnt go to the match

2. Celebrating arm and arm with huns

3. Hanging about with Tims. (especially during a Aberdeen-Celtic match)

Good lord.

That is the saddest thing I think I have ever read.

1. Could afford to go out to the pub but couldnt go to the match

2. Celebrating arm and arm with huns

3. Hanging about with Tims. (especially during a Aberdeen-Celtic match)

Good lord.

Annoys the fuck out of me when we are playing/played either of them. "*random tim* is going to the game today he's wanting to meet us for a pint before and after the game"

Why spend 90 minutes showing utter hate for the cunts just to go and buy them a pint after it and say good game.

Annoys the fuck out of me when we are playing/played either of them. "*random tim* is going to the game today he's wanting to meet us for a pint before and after the game"

Why spend 90 minutes showing utter hate for the cunts just to go and buy them a pint after it and say good game.

That is weird but hanging out with them during the game?

Sad as fuck!

I think you're all being harsh as fuck.

He's presumably referring to the 2-1 win at Pittodrie back in September, right? So for starters, those games are a pigging nightmare for those of us living in the central belt.(I actually was at that game, but stayed overnight with my folks in Perth before driving up on Saturday morning to break up the journey). Secondly, CS recently became a dad, did he not, so his wife would have been heavily preggers at the time. I think he can be excused not being at the game itself.

More generally, and on the point about watching games with opposition fans... FFS! Look, it might be easy enough to avoid them if you live in Aberdeen or Inverurie, but if you're in Edinburgh or Glasgow and don't want to (or can't) watch a televised game in your own house, then they're pretty fucking hard to avoid. And if you're going to be watching the game in a pub where you're the only Aberdeen fan, then the one thing you can't afford to be is a belligerent, angry cunt. Personally speaking I prefer to avoid fights, and/or the possibility of getting lifted.

I'm not anticipating the playing of tiny violins, but you should try to appreciate that sometimes it's not easy being a dons fan down here. The last thing we need is a hard time off the very folk who are meant to be on our side, i.e. fellow dandies.

• Upvote 2

Don't you weegies have some sort of supporters club that is the main reason why our away support is so good?

Can't you tag along with them to the pub?

Weegie!?
Yes, there are supporters clubs in Edinburgh, at least 2 or 3 that I’m aware of. I’m in the Globe Reds. We do occasionally get together to watch games in the pub but it’s not always possible. Plus I don’t actually live in Edinburgh itself, it’s actually a bit of a trek to wander into the city centre where the guys might be gathering. These days I do actually just tend to stay in the flat.
  • Upvote 1

Weegie!?
Yes, there are supporters clubs in Edinburgh, at least 2 or 3 that I’m aware of. I’m in the Globe Reds. We do occasionally get together to watch games in the pub but it’s not always possible. Plus I don’t actually live in Edinburgh itself, it’s actually a bit of a trek to wander into the city centre where the guys might be gathering. These days I do actually just tend to stay in the flat.

Whats happened to you min?