Dundee V Aberdeen (0 - 2)

That is the saddest thing I think I have ever read.

Oh come off it!

1. Could afford to go out to the pub but couldnt go to the match

Obviously its best to be at the match, but I cant always afford it (financially and/or time-wise).

2. Celebrating arm and arm with huns

They werent really huns, he only said that as he was surprised at the support we could muster in a Glasgow pub.

3. Hanging about with Tims. (especially during a Aberdeen-Celtic match)

Ive know him for 20 years and he is the Godfather of my daughter!

Yes, he supports sellick, but is otherwise likeable.

I enjoy meeting other fans after the game, especially if we win - I can give my enthusiastic review of the match, while they sit stewing, muttering through gritted teeth.

What could be better? :laughing:

(if we lose, I just make my excuses and leave lol).

Good lord.

Thats my line! ;)

I enjoy meeting other fans after the game, especially if we win - I can give my enthusiastic review of the match, while they sit stewing, muttering through gritted teeth.

What could be better? :laughing:

(if we lose, I just make my excuses and leave lol).

You must be a laugh a minute.

The voice of reason, as usual, Oxford!

But these chancers are 'at it' (!) they likely know as many "other" fans as you or I.

I have 2 associates who are The Rangers fans, only 1 I would consider to be a friend. Based on actually attending Celtic matches, I know 2 Celtic fans.

Hang about with them pre/post match? Get a grip!

I think you're all being harsh as fuck.

He's presumably referring to the 2-1 win at Pittodrie back in September, right? So for starters, those games are a pigging nightmare for those of us living in the central belt.(I actually was at that game, but stayed overnight with my folks in Perth before driving up on Saturday morning to break up the journey). Secondly, CS recently became a dad, did he not, so his wife would have been heavily preggers at the time. I think he can be excused not being at the game itself.

Point one - how is it any more of a nightmare to get to the ground 2.5 hours earlier? As it happens, you'd get home 2.5 hours earlier than usual too.

Point two - you broke up a journey overnight between Aberdeen & anywhere in Scotland, are you a woman?

Point one - how is it any more of a nightmare to get to the ground 2.5 hours earlier? As it happens, you'd get home 2.5 hours earlier than usual too.

Point two - you broke up a journey overnight between Aberdeen & anywhere in Scotland, are you a woman?

I thought you were being harsh until I saw he stayed with his folks. :laughing:

My breaking up the journey consists of going through to Aberdeen on the Friday to get wrecked, go to game on Saturday and return home on the Sunday completely ruined.

The away games are just as bad.

The Aberdeen Supporters football team uses this pub quite a bit I think, I recall it being full of Dons prior to our last game at Ibrox.

https://www.facebook.com/rockglasgow/

Might be worth an ask.

Indeed, the Rock is normally very pro dandy

@@jassb // Wasn`t being funny me old china - just a touch cryptic.

Thought most people would know who that is nowadays.

:checkit:

4af853530e1c6f3a322d4dbac53fa271.jpg

Harcus is right about the Rock, apparently Glasgow dons go there, I have never been.

Nowadays, if not at the game, I tend to watch the Dons in Coopers (Great Western Rd) or less frequently Molly Malones (Hope Street).

I would say most pubs are friendly to any supporters, except hun pubs.

Most pubs will tolerate vocal support for both teams in a match, as long as people are well behaved towards each other. Thats always been my experience. Coopers is good for that, they usually show 1 or 2 games and there is a big mix of folk in (its a big pub).

I watched Aberdeen-Sellick in Coopers, with a sellick friend and the atmosphere was rivaling the game itself! Though my sellick companion insisted most folk cheering for us were actually huns!

Munros on Grt Western Road is also a good pub, but can be expensive and is aye full of Partick and USh*ted fans.

Of all these Id say Coopers is best to watch a game (next to Kelvinbridge U-ground).

Where I tend to go before games at Firhill. Decent pub, it has to be said.

Cheers folks. Looks like I've got a few options. Probably decide once I wake up on Saturday and see how my hangover is, but however bad I'll search out one of these places.

Nae fancy going to the game rather than sitting in a pub full of weegies?

Aye, i do. But it's an annual thing with some mates who moved down there, so happy enough I managed to get them to arrange it for an away game so I'm not missing a home game. Just for once, happy that it's been changed to an early kick off for TV so I get a good weekend away and still manage to see the game.

Aye, i do. But it's an annual thing with some mates who moved down there, so happy enough I managed to get them to arrange it for an away game so I'm not missing a home game. Just for once, happy that it's been changed to an early kick off for TV so I get a good weekend away and still manage to see the game.

Sorry to hear about your mates, that's ashame for them. Hopefully we get a win so you can get it up the weegies

Severe lack of interest in this game for some reason! More talk of a dead club and dead stadium plans!

2-1 to the Dons. Rooney & McGinn to get our goals.

it will be cold.

The focus is on my birthday.

Hopefully keeps the same lineup as Ross County.

2-0 Rooney and The Rapist

Harcus is right about the Rock, apparently Glasgow dons go there, I have never been.

Nowadays, if not at the game, I tend to watch the Dons in Coopers (Great Western Rd) or less frequently Molly Malones (Hope Street).

Most pubs will tolerate vocal support for both teams in a match, as long as people are well behaved towards each other. Thats always been my experience. Coopers is good for that, they usually show 1 or 2 games and there is a big mix of folk in (its a big pub).

I watched Aberdeen-Sellick in Coopers, with a sellick friend and the atmosphere was rivaling the game itself! Though my sellick companion insisted most folk cheering for us were actually huns!

Munros on Grt Western Road is also a good pub, but can be expensive and is aye full of Partick and USh*ted fans.

Of all these Id say Coopers is best to watch a game (next to Kelvinbridge U-ground).

Munro's is an excellent pub, far superior to Coopers in my humble opinion and I've heard one of the Managers is a Dons fan - so you'll be well looked after and get to watch the match with full commentary. You're right about the Thistle fans but United fans are not tolerated ?