Simon Church

Give the guy a chance, plenty players failed in England and found their feet here. Adam Rooney was one of them.

This hasn't been the transfer window I wanted but now that the dust has settled I'm not that fussed. Celtic have signed a journeyman and an unproven youngster. The jury is out on the Dane. Hearts have signed an unknown and a shite bag from United. They also lost one of their main players albeit for a healthy sum.

I didn't rate Goodwillie anymore, Quinn is maybe a miss if we get injuries and suspensions. Ward is a huge miss and the only I am disappointed at losing.

Was our transfer activity an indication that we have no ambition? Time will tell I suppose.

Was our transfer activity an indication that we have no ambition? Time will tell I suppose.

I think its more a sign of us sticking to the plan they have of building up the team and squad.

Go for players that can improve us and challenge for places, leave the journeymen to Hearts.

The team we had before the window, minus Ward and Quinn have got us to 2nd and 6 points off the top of the league. The one we have after the window can carry on and push Celtic all the way.

If we were 10 points clear at the top we may have seen a slightly different window but we're not, we're on course to hit the targets for this season. Spending money on players in January isnt going to get us back into the cups...

I think its more a sign of us sticking to the plan they have of building up the team and squad.

Go for players that can improve us and challenge for places, leave the journeymen to Hearts.

The team we had before the window, minus Ward and Quinn have got us to 2nd and 6 points off the top of the league. The one we have after the window can carry on and push Celtic all the way.

If we were 10 points clear at the top we may have seen a slightly different window but we're not, we're on course to hit the targets for this season. Spending money on players in January isnt going to get us back into the cups...

............. but one or two decent signings may have lifted the side, increased the gates and settled in properly by the time next season starts.(See K McLean)

............. but one or two decent signings may have lifted the side, increased the gates and settled in properly by the time next season starts.(See K McLean)

Winnings more games will Keep the crowds coming back. Tomorrow is almost a sell out, win that and the crowds will keep coming back. People didn't go to pittodrie just to see Kenny McLean.

If we start losing more matches then I will agree that Mcinnes maybe should have strengthened more in January but let's see if the players who got us this far can keep it going.

Agree to an extent. The strongest 11 holds up against any team, but the lack of depth is frightening.

Winnings more games will Keep the crowds coming back. Tomorrow is almost a sell out, win that and the crowds will keep coming back. People didn't go to pittodrie just to see Kenny McLean.

If we start losing more matches then I will agree that Mcinnes maybe should have strengthened more in January but let's see if the players who got us this far can keep it going.

Imagine the "buzz around the place" tomorrow had we signed a couple of good players.

Regarding the depth of the squad, the only concern is at centre back for me. Upfront we had Goodwillie but I'm glad he's gone, it's better for him and us that he moves on. I'd rather Cammy smith was given game time instead of Goodwillie. We've brought in Simon Church so let's see what he can do.

A win tomorrow and non of us will give a fuck about the January transfer window. Let jim White shoot his load about it instead.

I wasn't suggesting people went to Pittodrie to see Kenny Mclean? I was saying he was more settled in the team once the new season started because he was a decent signing in January window!

Regarding the depth of the squad, the only concern is at centre back for me. Upfront we had Goodwillie but I'm glad he's gone, it's better for him and us that he moves on. I'd rather Cammy smith was given game time instead of Goodwillie. We've brought in Simon Church so let's see what he can do.

A win tomorrow and non of us will give a fuck about the January transfer window. Let jim White shoot his load about it instead.

We will if we lose a defender to injury though.

Injuries are my biggest concern. We have a horrible record of keeping players fit.

A couple of more and our lack off squad becomes very apparent.

It comes down to what you believe though. You either believe DM was actively trying to get a couple of players in to improve the squad or you believe he was sat on his ass happy with what we have.

If you believe the former (which I do) then I'm happy with the window, because clearly he couldn't do a deal for anyone who he thought was going to improve us. Which is preferable to just signing anyone to fill the squad.

Do you believe the latter?

It comes down to what you believe though. You either believe DM was actively trying to get a couple of players in to improve the squad or you believe he was sat on his ass happy with what we have.

If you believe the former (which I do) then I'm happy with the window, because clearly he couldn't do a deal for anyone who he thought was going to improve us. Which is preferable to just signing anyone to fill the squad.

Do you believe the latter?

He said in the interview on Friday that he was happy with the squad and with only 15 games left the players available should be able to do a job?