Simon Church

Rooney was out wide against Celtic to win headers and pull their central defenders out of position. He wasn't a winger as such. I'd agree with going two up top against teams though to keep them guessing, since most teams have been able to predict exactly how we'd line up lately.

Agree with most of the recent comments. Rooney did a smashing job out there on Wednesday night. Also think tomorrow would be a good game to chuck two up front though, especially since Tommy Wright gets his tactics against us spot on every time. Be good to mix it up and throw them a bit.

As me and @@Dynamo keep telling everyone. The man is tactical genius.

well, you say that, but if he wasn't out wide, he wouldn't have won the header to knock down for Hayes to score his thunderbolt

as someone else said, just because he's out on the wing, doesn't mean he's playing as a winger, he was there to terrorise their young left back and as I said, it worked for Hayes' goal

Lets not get too carried away though! He was out wide to terrorize their midget (but undoubtedly talented) left back on the basis that our game plan/only choice was to lump it forward at every opportunity and try and feed off the scraps of so doing (which Johnnie did, exquisitely), plus keep our discipline and our feet to defend the inevitable onslaught of repeatedly giving the ball away so cheaply, which again we did brilliantly for 92 minutes.

Barca2012 and their ridiculously good ball retention ability we certainly are not, but winners on Wednesday and outside challengers for a league we have no normal right to win we bloody well are! Church and Rooney together will help in this regard.

I wouldn't. We started with one on Wednesday and pummelled them.

No we didn't it was 4231 with Rooney right mid

We stared 4231 but didnt get on top of them until it was changed to more 451, thats when we pummelled them.

When they took that dirty Turk on we changed to a 541 when Considine came on, silenced the dirty Turk straight away.

And some say McInnes doesnt have a plan B?

From what I've read Church plays more out right for Wales, I think he'll be there more often than not with Rooney back through the middle.