Simon Church

A confident striker's goals won't dry up for long.

The lad is desperate to make a good impression and, yes, his goals have not been Messi-esque but as long as the ball goes in the net they all count the same.

We need more goals from Hayes, McGinn and McLean (who was getting forward more last night) in order to help share the burden a bit.

Get off the guy's back!

To quote him fae today's P&J:

“Getting the winner was an amazing feeling. We did well to hang on and get all three points.

“The players showed a lot of courage and quality to get the win.

“I am really enjoying the challenge here and am delighted to have scored a few goals.

“I’m finding myself enjoying the games a lot more. I’m getting a lot of chances and it is up to me to put them away.

“What forward doesn’t like scoring goals?

“I just need to keep it going over the final nine games.

Damn it, damn these strikers who score goals.

Get them to fuck.

Fed up of it.

Our fans are beauts min.

No one said that. After 2 games I said I'd rather have Goodwillie cause I wasn't convinced by Church. It turns out that he's a better finisher than I gave him credit for.

I'm happy he's proved me wrong for now anyway.

Surely nobody can be pining for Goodwillie now? Church has done more in a month than Goodwillie has done in two years.

Where's delmonte?

But his hold up play.. But he brings others into the game. :laughing:

I've heard all this nonsense, not just from Del Monte. There's been many a fool on this one.

Damn it, damn these strikers who score goals.

Get them to fuck.

Fed up of it.

Our fans are beauts min.

:laughing:

I think (hope) Rooney will be back quicker than suggested, a bit like Hayes.

The manager has previously overstated the timeline of injuries to take pressure of the player in rushing to return to early.

With the international break coming up I wouldn't be surprised to see Rooney available for Hamilton at home.

So here's hoping the church keeps fit and his shooting boots stay on. He's doing well for us.

I think (hope) Rooney will be back quicker than suggested, a bit like Hayes.

The manager has previously overstated the timeline of injuries to take pressure of the player in rushing to return to early.

With the international break coming up I wouldn't be surprised to see Rooney available for Hamilton at home.

So here's hoping the church keeps fit and his shooting boots stay on. He's doing well for us.

:laughing: Has he even scored a goal with either of these boots yet.

• 3 weeks later...