Simon Church

Guest the shepherd

3 in 5- rivalling Rooney for his strike rate- don't care if they have all been tap-ins - made a decent career for Ally McCoist...

.....aye on Question of Sport.

I like the look of him

he seems pretty fast an all is he not?

the strange thing is, the goals he has scored for us, proper poacher types, "in the right time at the right place"

but his goals to games ratio to date, for club and country don't suggest hes that type of player at all

he seems fast, strong and makes intelligent runs/good at closing down - perhaps his teams previous used him as a guy to chase down balls and get them up the pitch. pure speculation by me though

His finishing has been suspect so far, however he makes enough runs in a game to still get in amongst the goals so it's hard to be critical of him.

I wouldn't be surprised if his previous team were just lumping balls up the pitch and expecting him to chase them down. Lower league guffy fitba is brutal.

what chances has he missed?

glaring ones?

one against celtic, but it came to him quickly, one boyata got a foot in I think

and against united, from mcginns cross?

Those are the two main ones aye. Like I said it's hard to be overly critical of him and I'll take him over Goodwillie any day, but I reckon he does need to work on his finishing. My 6 year old niece could've buried that Celtic one.

true, but then, as funny as it is that his goals for us have come from 3 yards or less, that's a fantastic trait to have

especially as we are missing rooney

the added benefit is he seems to be really quite quick

Totally agree. I was only commenting on something he has so far been a bit shakey on. I'm very happy with him overall thus far. If Goodwillie had been our main striker I would be willing to bet we'd have taken 0 from the last 6 points.

His finishing has been suspect so far, however he makes enough runs in a game to still get in amongst the goals so it's hard to be critical of him.

I wouldn't be surprised if his previous team were just lumping balls up the pitch and expecting him to chase them down. Lower league guffy fitba is brutal.

Honestly min, I've read some shite on here but that first line is ridiculous. N heid boil yer awa come to mind.