Inverness V Aberdeen (3 - 1)

Guest RosemountRed

& (as I said in rumour thread) the new boy doesn't strike me as an improved replacement for him. We shall see though.

Logans suspension more or less means the trialist will guaranteed at least a short term deal regardless of whether he's good enough.

Who is our u20 right back? Or can't Reynolds or Jack play there?

Guest RosemountRed

When Logan is out I would expect Shinnie or Jack (when back) to play right-back. Both perfectly acceptable options in my view. Some more defensive cover wouldn't hurt though whether it be Adejo getting a deal, or McKenna being given more of a first-team sniff.

McKenna is a centre back isn't he?

Adejo will have been signed to replace Paul Quinn, as a right sided defender who can play full-back and centre-back. Supposing Taylor and Logan were sidelined for instance how would we line-up? It is true that Jack can cover at full-back but our options in midfield are threadbare just now. We need to have genuine options as substitutes to cover injuries, suspensions, illness and fatigue. There is also the problem of players being off-form of course. Our squad's depth is no better than adequate.

We have a youth team but those players must offer genuine competition to the senior pros and are not there to be gifted opportunities. Ryan Fraser was, for example, arguably the best player we had at the club when he broke into the team under Brown. He did not step-up on the basis of 'potential'. As a supporter it can be great to see young players coming-on and you want to know what squad players have to offer. Ideally though there is a strong core group of first team players to build around and we want to maintain that. Craig Storie is clearly now a viable first-team option and has strong credentials to be included in every squad. His introduction was made possible because of dependable players like Shinnie, Taylor and McLean.

The balance of our squad is good and I think management deserve credit.

COYR.

Guest RosemountRed

The club this afternoon confirmed key midfield duo, skipper Ryan Jack and veteran Willo Flood, are on the brink of returning to action after spells out with hamstring injuries.

Former Dundee United and Celtic player Flood has already returned to training.

Aberdonian Jack is set to do the same over the weekend.

Dons assistant manager Tony Docherty said: “It’s a massive boost.

“Willo has managed to train for the last two days and looks great.

“Ryan is scheduled to return to training on Saturday.

“It’s great to see them on the way back at this crucial stage of the season.”

Docherty confirmed defender Andrew Considine is a doubt for Monday’s league visit to Inverness Caley Thistle because of a calf injury.

The club this afternoon confirmed key midfield duo, skipper Ryan Jack and veteran Willo Flood, are on the brink of returning to action after spells out with hamstring injuries.

Former Dundee United and Celtic player Flood has already returned to training.

Aberdonian Jack is set to do the same over the weekend.

Dons assistant manager Tony Docherty said: “It’s a massive boost.

“Willo has managed to train for the last two days and looks great.

“Ryan is scheduled to return to training on Saturday.

“It’s great to see them on the way back at this crucial stage of the season.”

Docherty confirmed defender Andrew Considine is a doubt for Monday’s league visit to Inverness Caley Thistle because of a calf injury.

Never knew he had a farm.

• Upvote 1