Motherwell V Aberdeen (2 - 1)

Why?! What a complete nonsense. Name another team in any league in the world that can score 2 goals a game that doesn't have a budget which is 10x more than 90% of the league.

As far as budget goes we are in the top three in the league, so averaging 2 goals a game is not a massive ask in our league. Especially as this is the league we are debating.

Who gives a fk about other leagues but as you seem to I am pretty sure that other leagues with teams in the top three budget are around this area. Germany, Holland, Italy, Portugal to name four for example & we are in a league with only ONE dominant team to worry about.

Reynolds is fucking awful these days. He can't handle anyone with the slightest physicality and cannot pass or control a ball whatsoever.

Teams are targeting Reynolds and Talyor. They let them have the ball knowing Aberdeen will pass the ball slowly and overly safe before one of the CBs panic and hoof ball long.

Teams are just punting the ball forward early and targeting the fact Reynolds and Taylor will likely fuck up they will be through on goal.

Yet Mcinnes thinks this is a a defence that can see out a one goal lead.

The only time Aberdeen had a CB that looked like a footballer the whole game was in last ten when Jack sat back.

Mcinnes fucked up and over thought things again. Reynolds should never have been playing. Considine should have been CB and Shinnie LB.

Go out and try to win game against a poor Motherwell side. Showed them far too much respect.

Reynolds is fucking awful these days. He can't handle anyone with the slightest physicality and cannot pass or control a ball whatsoever.

Teams are targeting Reynolds and Talyor. They let them have the ball knowing Aberdeen will pass the ball slowly and overly safe before one of the CBs panic and hoof ball long.

Teams are just punting the ball forward early and targeting the fact Reynolds and Taylor will likely fuck up they will be through on goal.

Yet Mcinnes thinks this is a a defence that can see out a one goal lead.

The only time Aberdeen had a CB that looked like a footballer the whole game was in last ten when Jack sat back.

Mcinnes fucked up and over thought things again. Reynolds should never have been playing. Considine should have been CB and Shinnie LB.

Go out and try to win game against a poor Motherwell side. Showed them far too much respect.

We should turn jack into a Beckenbauer.

At least Motherwell's equaliser saved me from slipping into a coma. These games are getting worse and worse.

Shinnie is a left back. Fuckin play him there.

Reynolds looks like an amateur.

McGinn is a lazy cunt. Get him to fuck. What use is 1 good game in 15? Bollocks would he 'not be here if he did it every game'. Hayes is that player every game.

Ryan Jack is a powderpuff attack killing cunt and undoubtedly the worst captain I have ever seen.

Simon Church may be worse than Zola.

Why the FUCK is McInnes sticking Ash Taylor up front when we still have subs left?

Horrendous to a man especially McInnes.

Going to be controversial but McInnes has to take some stick for what I'd say has been a disappointing season. Things like playing Hayes through the middle are just madness.

The worst thing is when we score and go 1-0 up, we ALWAYS decide to sit back and try protect the lead. Pathetic.

This season was a massive chance to take us to the league title. Make no mistake, it was a failure.

• Downvote 2

Going to be controversial but McInnes has to take some stick for what I'd say has been a disappointing season. Things like playing Hayes through the middle are just madness.

The worst thing is when we score and go 1-0 up, we ALWAYS decide to sit back and try protect the lead. Pathetic.

This season was a massive chance to take us to the league title. Make no mistake, it was a failure.

Oh come on - today was a big disappointment, especially as Celtic were so close to dropping another two points.

But disappointing season? Cups aside, were it not for fine margins - Celtic scoring so close to the end, and out few minutes of madness, then we'd be sat top of the table, seven wins from the title regardless of what Celtic did.

Don't get me wrong - winning the title would be great, but compared to where we were a few seasons ago, then we've come a long way if things look so bleak because we're not averaging two goals a game and winning the league.

But disappointing season? Cups aside, were it not for fine margins - Celtic scoring so close to the end, and out few minutes of madness, then we'd be sat top of the table, seven wins from the title regardless of what Celtic did.

Don't get me wrong - winning the title would be great, but compared to where we were a few seasons ago, then we've come a long way if things look so bleak because we're not averaging two goals a game and winning the league.

Well, people are disappointed because of the big opportunity that has been missed .

Celtic , Rangers & probably Hearts will all be stronger than us next season I am guessing.

Are we a better team than last season ? , we are weaker in much positions , We have erratic form , have been abject in quite a few matches ,where there has also been poor management decisiions..

Those fine margins have also seen us winning games out of good fortune more than anything else.

Well, people are disappointed because of the big opportunity that has been missed .

Celtic , Rangers & probably Hearts will all be stronger than us next season I am guessing.

Are we a better team than last season ? , we are weaker in much positions , We have erratic form , have been abject in quite a few matches ,where there has also been poor management decisiions..

Those fine margins have also seen us winning games out of good fortune more than anything else.

Every team is abject at some point.

Unfortunately our games have been cup games in the main. Today was a strange one. We came out the traps and could have scored 3 in the first 15 mins at start of 2nd half so hardly sitting back to defend the lead. Then the roof fell in. Hard to see who was at fault for their goals my take on it was a collective defensive cock up for first and Reynolds and brown for 2nd. Wtf robson ?

Oldest guy on pitch an he comes on an behaves like a half wit. Has track record of this though. Was it hearts at home a season or two back he did same thing?

Anyway, mcginn was shite and shat out of almost every 50:50

Shinnie won almost every 50:50 despite getting a sore one after bailing out brown following a shite clearance in 1st half. Player of the season by a country mile.

Church was horrendous an scaffed two decent chances. Unlucky with one that clipped the bar.

Reynolds - what has happened to you? You are a shadow of the player touted for international recognition a couple of yrs ago.

Hayes - a few good runs as always. And gives everything every game.

The rest - meh

Season over now and that's what hurts the most.

Oh come on - today was a big disappointment, especially as Celtic were so close to dropping another two points.

Sorry but that's a losers mentality.

We got papped out both cups first round possible. Missed numerous chances to go top of the league. The last time we beat a team by more than 1 goal was December (or so I saw on Twitter, may be wrong).

We had a massive chance this season and we didn't take it. We should come flying out the traps every game looking to control from start to finish. This 'managing the game' stuff is nonsense.

Fair enough if folk think we have done well this season, we have been good at times and caused Celtic some trouble but in my opinion it's been a failure and I'm pretty dissapointed with the season as a whole.

And so am I - but I'd say its more of a disappointing result which puts a big dent in the title prospects, rather than a disappointing season on the whole.

On the whole, the way Aberdeen have cemented themselves as a much better team than they were three years ago to the point where they have consistently been the second best team in the league for three consecutive seasons is a huge step forward after years of pish.

I still wonder what the hell happened back in October - apart from that we've probably been more consistent than Celtic. Its just been that the points we have dropped since have been the points that keep being the difference between being where we are and being able to get our noses back in front.

Just back, from reading some of the posts on the Motherwell fans forum. Obviously they are delighted as Aberdeen represent a big scalp for them. There are a few honest admissions that a win was perhaps flattering for them. They are talking up a very good hard-working performance from their side. On the other hand Aberdeen were considered to be poor today.

I haven't seen the highlights yet but it sounds like a slack Dons performance was punished today by a side in excellent form, and who have one or two useful players.

I'm not sure how much more we can really conclude but time to cast a critical eye over the whole squad for the remainder of the season.

COYR