Joe Lewis - Signs 2 Year Deal

Pleased with this transfer window and delighted to see our signings made early.

We have certainly strengthened the squad with Goodie being replaced by Storey, Quinn by Morris (Good backup defender just injury prone) and Brown with Lewis. Plus we have Neil Alexander (good solid goalie for backup) and Stockley (sounds promising - will see how he gets on). Would like to see Slater join to complete this window's activities. Can't imagine any of these players being on a significant wage.

• Upvote 1

Pleased with this transfer window and delighted to see our signings made early.

We have certainly strengthened the squad with Goodie being replaced by Storey, Quinn by Morris (Good backup defender just injury prone) and Brown with Lewis. Plus we have Neil Alexander (good solid goalie for backup) and Stockley (sounds promising - will see how he gets on). Would like to see Slater join to complete this window's activities. Can't imagine any of these players being on a significant wage.

Really?

When McGinn and Hayes fail to turn up and Jack is having his usual ineffective game in midfield, and Reynolds is chasing shadows.... are you going to look back and reflect on this awesome transfer window? Not saying McInnes won't make any more signings. I certainly hope he does, as we need a bloody good midfielder in there and get McLean and/or Shinnie out of the roles they've been fulfilling.

We are in the black and should be making a couple of high profile signings. Christ, Sevco have trumped us with Barton and they are skint! But that's the sort of key player we need in the team. McInnes hung his coat on the Robson peg when he joined us. I'm worried he sees Jack as the guy to galvanise our midfield, but going on his performances last season, I don't think he's cut out for it. Perhaps relieve him of the captains role and let him concentrate on playing again.

But come on, an injury prone defender who just assisted in his side being relegated. An ageing keeper and one of questionable quality. A striker no one knows anything about, and Miles Storey. I'd say of all of them, Storey is probably the only guy I genuinely feel will make an immediate impact. But we've lost, or have lost in terms of their previous quality, Robson, Goodwillie, Quinn, Church, Ward, Brown and dwindling form of Pawlett, Taylor and Reynolds and Jack.

This transfer window has a long way to go before I'd consider myself happy with it.

Really?

When McGinn and Hayes fail to turn up and Jack is having his usual ineffective game in midfield, and Reynolds is chasing shadows.... are you going to look back and reflect on this awesome transfer window? Not saying McInnes won't make any more signings. I certainly hope he does, as we need a bloody good midfielder in there and get McLean and/or Shinnie out of the roles they've been fulfilling.

We are in the black and should be making a couple of high profile signings. Christ, Sevco have trumped us with Barton and they are skint! But that's the sort of key player we need in the team. McInnes hung his coat on the Robson peg when he joined us. I'm worried he sees Jack as the guy to galvanise our midfield, but going on his performances last season, I don't think he's cut out for it. Perhaps relieve him of the captains role and let him concentrate on playing again.

But come on, an injury prone defender who just assisted in his side being relegated. An ageing keeper and one of questionable quality. A striker no one knows anything about, and Miles Storey. I'd say of all of them, Storey is probably the only guy I genuinely feel will make an immediate impact. But we've lost, or have lost in terms of their previous quality, Robson, Goodwillie, Quinn, Church, Ward, Brown and dwindling form of Pawlett, Taylor and Reynolds and Jack.

This transfer window has a long way to go before I'd consider myself happy with it.

Fuck with those 4 not playing well and a mute keeper I'm surprised we werent relegated ourselves last season.

• Upvote 1

Really?

We're not finished yet though.

We have strengthened up front for sure. Yes they are slight unknowns but at very least give us very different option to mix things up up front (whether McInnes does this is yet to be seen though tbf)

I think Storey has a lot more to come with a bit of time. He is very strong & fast & causes a lot of problems for defenders. He has a decent finish on him that I have seen a few times but yes he is lacking a bit of close control/technical skills but that is something that will hopefully come into his game more with us.

I am fairly content with our signings up front & also in the GK department (until proven otherwise) CH sit could be better but if this signing is just a replacement for Quinn then fair doos.

Central mid & right mid are massive signings imo. These are where I would like to see the "you fkn :dance::dancin: dancer" type signings please. :crossfingers: & until these have/haven't been made I will not be ranting about a pish window.

Last January was a fkn pish window but this one is still open & there are plenty options out there & the real decent players will be sought after, so I don't mind us waiting for the right ones.

Not a bad window so far by any means but as I say, midfield is where I want players signed for first eleven rather than potential first teamers/back up. Someone that will force Jack to up his game would be very nice.

Until you mentioned being 'trumped' by the signing of Barton, I was preparing to listen to another of your rambles and see your point of view. But no, you're almost making Shoofa seem sensible

Barton or Jack? I know which one I'd choose.

The other thing that concerns me is that there wasn't one cross or corner in that montage. Comments from Poole fans would indicate he's another "great shot stopper" but couldn't catch a cold.

Indeed. Also forming the same opinion.

I do think he'll be number 2 to Alexadner though.

A few years back while at Peterborough, Joe Lewis was being touted as the next big thing, he was kind of like the Jack Butland of the mid-00s, much sought-after but alas no Premier League team took a punt on him. He is a good keeper and while I'm sure he will have weaknesses, he's got a decent reputation and will be keen to prove he does actually have what it takes.

I think this is a good signing and I think having Alexander as a very experienced back-up could turn out to be a brilliant move for Lewis, Rogers and the club in general.

• Upvote 1