Joe Lewis - Signs 2 Year Deal

• 2 months later...

Ok, I was among the myriad of doubters before he showed up and in the early days of the season. Said then I'd give it to the end of the year before making a final conclusion and here we are. Humble pie duly eaten by the barrowload, wouldn't swap him for the coveted Michael McGovern. Longer contract called for.

What? You want a half horse half man in midfield? Oh, sorry with all this terrible spelling, I thought you said centaur midfield ;)

If we had a centaur in the midfield then we may resort to playing hoofball too often. I'm nay saying thats necessarily a bad thing like.

Would love to see him extending his contract, but can see him off to England, if Darren Randolph can start for West Ham, then I am sure Lewis could do a job in the premiership, even as a number 2.

Good point. Kasper Schmeichael winning the league also despite not being handle Richard Foster and Gary Dempsey in a 1-2 win for the famous.

David Preece seems like a good guy.

Pretty poor keeper. But good guy.

I didn't think he was that bad. He writes about football now and it's always enjoyable.

Still pisses me off that Jimmy had Esson and Preece, but opts to sign Langfield too. When asked if three first team keeper s is too much, he confirmed someone would have to go. Jimmy lets Preece go and claims it's because "he'll find another club easier than the other two". :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

On Red TV last night, Reynolds mentioned how Big Joe counts too 2700 during a half........so he knows when the half is due to end. My initial feeling was laughter and the stereotypical, keepers are all mental . Im now thinking how fucking brilliant it is that he does this to keep his level of concentration through the quiet spells in the game. The guy is fast becoming a player we could not afford to lose.

Guest RosemountRed

On Red TV last night, Reynolds mentioned how Big Joe counts too 2700 during a half........so he knows when the half is due to end. My initial feeling was laughter and the stereotypical, keepers are all mental . Im now thinking how fucking brilliant it is that he does this to keep his level of concentration through the quiet spells in the game. The guy is fast becoming a player we could not afford to lose.

I hope we have offered him a significantly improved deal to keep him for longer.

I honestly can't say I'm surprised at all he's done so well. Was highly rated but like some players lost his way a bit but never gave up and he's been a hugely integral part to our form this season. Was saying to my brother in law last night that I can only think of a few games he's made mistakes and even then I'm sure it was games we were losing regardless of them. The defence look so much more comfortable with him there and his kicking under pressure is great too. Very vocal last night as well

I honestly can't say I'm surprised at all he's done so well. Was highly rated but like some players lost his way a bit but never gave up and he's been a hugely integral part to our form this season. Was saying to my brother in law last night that I can only think of a few games he's made mistakes and even then I'm sure it was games we were losing regardless of them. The defence look so much more comfortable with him there and his kicking under pressure is great too. Very vocal last night as well

Very bad mistake against Motherwell, but we won 7-2.