Joe Lewis - Signs 2 Year Deal

A good signing, definitely. Both the players in front of him and those watching have faith in him. Makes a massive difference to the way we play.

However,

Not sure that we need to worry about tying him down to an extended contract just yet. I would like to see us improve season on season.

He's got over 18 months left, plenty time to source someone better, or younger and about the same ability but with potential!

He may not even want to be here longer? Perhaps coming up the road, playing regularly and then hopefully winning something with us, is his plan?

Boosts his c.v, then he goes back down and fulfills that early promise he had. A something to prove player if you will.

A good signing, definitely. Both the players in front of him and those watching have faith in him. Makes a massive difference to the way we play.

However,

Not sure that we need to worry about tying him down to an extended contract just yet. I would like to see us improve season on season.

He's got over 18 months left, plenty time to source someone better, or younger and about the same ability but with potential!

He may not even want to be here longer? Perhaps coming up the road, playing regularly and then hopefully winning something with us, is his plan?

Boosts his c.v, then he goes back down and fulfills that early promise he had. A something to prove player if you will.

Who you "sourcing", better than Lewis?

Please fuck off and never comment again. Cheers.

• Upvote 2

Who you "sourcing", better than Lewis?

Please fuck off and never comment again. Cheers.

What's wrong with wanting to improve the team year on year? I stated that I thought he was a very good signing, however some wanted to extend his contract now, and I said what's the rush?

Aye Makski, glass half full dick!

And who the fuck rattled your cage?

• Downvote 1

What's wrong with wanting to improve the team year on year? I stated that I thought he was a very good signing, however some wanted to extend his contract now, and I said what's the rush?

And who the fuck rattled your cage?

So you want new players every year? That'll work like. It would be almost impossible to improve on Lewis IMO.

• Upvote 1

Joe Lewis is a great keeper but I still miss Bertrand Bossu.

Unfortunately we'll never find a goalie of Bossu's quality again - we all need to accept it move on.

I was delighted and shocked that we'd signed Lewis. About 4 -5 years ago the guy was being touted for big things and (Football manager I apologize) was considered the best goalie in League 1 and the Championship however he lost his way a bit. Personally I think he's better than Ward. Possibly because he has more experience. Get him signed up.

• Downvote 2

Lewis seems to be doing brilliantly and I don't think we need to look for another keeper for a while in all honesty. If he's on a 2 year deal there is no rush to extend it just now unless the lad is keen to commit for another year asap - otherwise let him settle into the area and pop a 1 year extension in front of him in the close season or early next season.

With luck Rodgers will get better and better and become a real option for when Joe wants to move on.

• Upvote 1
Guest the shepherd

Unfortunately we'll never find a goalie of Bossu's quality again - we all need to accept it move on.

I was delighted and shocked that we'd signed Lewis. About 4 -5 years ago the guy was being touted for big things and (Football manager I apologize) was considered the best goalie in League 1 and the Championship however he lost his way a bit. Personally I think he's better than Ward. Possibly because he has more experience. Get him signed up.

I will move on one day but I will never forget Bertrand 'there is a keeper in there somewhere' Bossu. His performances against Ayr United, Kilmarnock and the club formerly known as rangers were special and memorable.