Anthony O'connor.

Big ash away to get relegated with mighty Northampton to league 2, AOC not as good. So where is he going to end up, Grimsby or Carlisle or some such non entities. Will probably look back in a year or two thinking the terrible fans at cup finals and Europe maybe weren't that much of a burden after all.

BOOOOOM!

It's going to be an extremely rude awakening for AOC. A truely pathetic excuse for a footballer.

He would definitely make it into one of our Shitebag XI's from the recent past.

Mate they 100% deserved to be bood off at HT yesterday. What an absolute embarrassment of a performance. There are times I agree, especially at Pittodrie, when there are huge overreactions to poor HT scorelines. However, what I will say is it works both ways. An incredible amount of encouragement and noise came in the 60whatever minute when Rooney battered one at their goalie. It was our first shot on target and we still thought we could get something from the game. We need something to shout about, something to get excited about. What we watched yesterday was absolutely brutal, uninspiring, tepid shite. There was no drive to our play and no hunger- the fans acted accordingly. AOC should suck it up or go. Not good enough to be an Aberdeen player and his ego doesn't match his ability.

Agree with all that. But Id also add that the majority of fans were expecting us to shite it, expecting Motherwell to be in our faces and finally, somewhat puzzled that we had

Not thought to try our Shinnie/ Maclean/ Logan - less line up before this game.

Turns out we were right. Again.

Its a bit like the Hun today. They are so caught up in their own self importance that they clearly hadnt done any homework on Celtic at all.

• Downvote 1

Both the player and the fan look like idiots here but under no circumstances should a player be so critical of the support. O'Connor should be forced to train with the kids till he leaves in the summer.

Regarding our support, I don't think we are as bad as some make us out to be, any dons fan I know wants to see players giving their all, especially in these big matches. If they give everything and lose, fair enough but what we've seen this season in big matches isn't good enough. Saturday was the final straw, a chance to show us they are up for a fight and they failed.

As meaningless as the rest of the season feels, it's massive for McInnes. We are in real danger of finishing 4th or possibly worse. If that happens, any support he has is gone.

• Upvote 1

Both the player and the fan look like idiots here but under no circumstances should a player be so critical of the support. O'Connor should be forced to train with the kids till he leaves in the summer.

Regarding our support, I don't think we are as bad as some make us out to be, any dons fan I know wants to see players giving their all, especially in these big matches. If they give everything and lose, fair enough but what we've seen this season in big matches isn't good enough. Saturday was the final straw, a chance to show us they are up for a fight and they failed.

As meaningless as the rest of the season feels, it's massive for McInnes. We are in real danger of finishing 4th or possibly worse. If that happens, any support he has is gone.

With respect, do you go to games? I can't believe anyone who goes to games wouldn't agree with AOC. Our support is truly awful.

Even if you didn't go to games, have you read the match threads on here?

• Downvote 1

Keep him away from our Kids... one or two of them look very promising. Don't want them picking up any bad habits from AOC.

How is it awful? It's no worse than other clubs in the UK.

So are you saying it's not awful because it's the same as other clubs in the UK or you don't think it's awful?

I think it's awful because home games are played in near silence in half empty stadium, despite a consistent few years of success. I know Aberdeen are misreporting crowds to make us look better but our home support numbers wise and vocally is shocking.

Where I think we are worse than others is when your in the middle of our support at big matches there is no tolerance level. The support starts loud and vocal but becomes angry and disillusioned with the first bad pass until complete meltdown with seats being smashed and arguing.

Maybe other supports are the same, I have no idea as I am not in them. If they are then they are probably awful and exactly what AOC is talking about?

I have to make clear I think AOC is shite but he's not wrong on this.

• Downvote 1

So are you saying it's not awful because it's the same as other clubs in the UK or you don't think it's awful?

I think it's awful because home games are played in near silence in half empty stadium, despite a consistent few years of success. I know Aberdeen are misreporting crowds to make us look better but our home support numbers wise and vocally is shocking.

Where I think we are worse than others is when your in the middle of our support at big matches there is no tolerance level. The support starts loud and vocal but becomes angry and disillusioned with the first bad pass until complete meltdown with seats being smashed and arguing.

Maybe other supports are the same, I have no idea as I am not in them. If they are then they are probably awful and exactly what AOC is talking about?

Consistent years of success? Success is winning stuff.

The fans were singing at 2-0 down on Saturday quite a few times, what do you expect them to do?

Can't comment on the breaking seats etc, saw fuck all of that. Not exclusive to us I'd imagine.

Only other ground I've regularly attended is the City Ground in Nottingham. Their fans were pretty similar to ours - sometime even more poisonous IMO. So not sure about what you are saying here...

However, maybe just coincidence, as both supports have had to deal with a similar magnitude of demise, after reaching the pinnacle of European football.

• Upvote 1

With respect, do you go to games? I can't believe anyone who goes to games wouldn't agree with AOC. Our support is truly awful.

Even if you didn't go to games, have you read the match threads on here?

Our support is not much different to that of most supports, away support is vocal but home supports tends to be very quiet. Thats standard for most clubs unless its a big game

I don't get to games anymore because I have moved away, before I moved I was a season ticket holder and went to many away games so I feel I am qualified to hold an opinion.

The match threads on here are no way to gauge our support, especially nowadays considering the amount of idiots who have joined. People exaggerate on here for effect. After losses we see shite like "Rooney is the worst player I've seen for the dons"....................... he may have played poorly but we all know he is far from our worst ever player

A few things about his comments yesterday.

Firstly, let's be honest here...he's not wrong in his assessment of Aberdeen fans. A midfielder plays a ball back to a defender, the whole place goes into meltdown. Half of our support think we should be punting balls into the box as soon as it's left Lewis hands.

Secondly, the guy who posted the screenshots is just an attention seeking wank. Why else would you be private messaging players to get a reaction then screenshotting it and posting it on social media? The conversation between the two of them was a private chat, AOC shouldn't have rose to the bait, you should expect trolling arseholes at every turn.

Thirdly, AOC wasnt the worst player out there, although he did fuck all and I genuinely don't remember him getting involved in any attack or defending. Arnason should never wear a Dons top again after that performance.

• Upvote 2

Consistent years of success? Success is winning stuff.

The fans were singing at 2-0 down on Saturday quite a few times, what do you expect them to do?

Can't comment on the breaking seats etc, saw fuck all of that. Not exclusive to us I'd imagine.

Relative success I guess although the crowds were hardly booming in the 80s.

I don't think aoc was just venting after Saturday, he obviously thinks our fans are negative consistently and I think he's right.

Relative success I guess although the crowds were hardly booming in the 80s.

I don't think aoc was just venting after Saturday, he obviously thinks our fans are negative consistently and I think he's right.

You can bet your house on the rest of the players feeling exactly the same way. McInnes himself probably warns them not to let the fans get on their back, he knows as much as anyone how poisonous our support can be at times.

On your bike OConnor and never wear the old red shirt again.

Who are you replacing him with for the next 5 games?

Arnason?! He should never wear a football shirt after that performance.

Reynolds? He's absolutely hopeless as well.

BALL?!?! Fucking Dominic Ball?!?! He's another one who should never ear a dons shirt ever again.

We've got such a shite squad, as illustrated by Saturday, that we're really struggling to make a decent 11.

Who are you replacing him with for the next 5 games?

Arnason?! He should never wear a football shirt after that performance.

Reynolds? He's absolutely hopeless as well.

BALL?!?! Fucking Dominic Ball?!?! He's another one who should never ear a dons shirt ever again.

We've got such a shite squad, as illustrated by Saturday, that we're really struggling to make a decent 11.

So the 4 options you listed are all shite, lets try one of the young boys then. Was there much point in giving Dean Campbell 10 minutes vs Celtic and never playing him again? All i've seen him do for the first team since is pick up cones and bibs after the warm-up.

So the 4 options you listed are all shite, lets try one of the young boys then. Was there much point in giving Dean Campbell 10 minutes vs Celtic and never playing him again? All i've seen him do for the first team since is pick up cones and bibs after the warm-up.

Dean isn't a CB though. Who are we pairing with McKenna? It's going to have to be one of those listed above, unfortunately. It definitely won't be Arnason or Ball after Saturday.

I'd be inclined to stick Considine at CB and move Shinnie to LB. Then give Deano a game at CM. But we've got 5 very important games coming up that McInnes won't change things up that drastically. He'll stick O'Conner at CB alongside McKenna.

Dean isn't a CB though. Who are we pairing with McKenna? It's going to have to be one of those listed above, unfortunately. It definitely won't be Arnason or Ball after Saturday.

I'd be inclined to stick Considine at CB and move Shinnie to LB. Then give Deano a game at CM. But we've got 5 very important games coming up that McInnes won't change things up that drastically. He'll stick O'Conner at CB alongside McKenna.

I'd be putting Campbell in middle of the park, Harvie at left-back and Considine at CB.

There's zero value in playing O'Connor, Arnason or Ball, given none of them will be about next season.

• Upvote 5

I'd be putting Campbell in middle of the park, Harvie at left-back and Considine at CB.

There's zero value in playing O'Connor, Arnason or Ball, given none of them will be about next season.

I totally agree, but out of the three, it will be O'Conner that will likely get a game again. Considine is atrocious at CB as well though...

We'll see on Saturday. I just don't think McInnes has the balls to play Harvie.

Agree with all that. But Id also add that the majority of fans were expecting us to shite it, expecting Motherwell to be in our faces and finally, somewhat puzzled that we had

Not thought to try our Shinnie/ Maclean/ Logan - less line up before this game.

Turns out we were right. Again.

Its a bit like the Hun today. They are so caught up in their own self importance that they clearly hadnt done any homework on Celtic at all.

The fans were subdued the minute the lack of ideas became apparent. Long balls down the channels and no attempt at quick passing and moving. Motherwell right up in our faces hungry to get to a cup final. Only player who looked genuinely despondent was Greg Stewart, who admittedly hasn't been great, but he understood the magnitude of how poor that was. Everyone else was straight off and into the nearest club if posts on here are to be believed. I agree the failure to blood Arnie, Ball and Chidi in more matches before the semi was bad management. Can't expect these guys to turn up and put in worldie performances if they've hardly kicked a ball in the previous weeks.

The prick who started it by telling him Fuck off from my club you spastic needs a kick in the balls but

AOC responding effectively ended his career at AFC.

You think so?

I don't think a player telling some tube to fuck off is really a big deal.

Performances on the pitch are what's important and in that respect most of our squad should be concerned about their own part in the failures this season.

Very few of them should be happy with this season.

You think so?

I don't think a player telling some tube to fuck off is really a big deal.

Performances on the pitch are what's important and in that respect most of our squad should be concerned about their own part in the failures this season.

Very few of them should be happy with this season.

I see no need to call him a spastic. I’m not defending AOC, want shot of him but I don’t

like people demeaning that condition.

• Upvote 1

A few things about his comments yesterday.

Firstly, let's be honest here...he's not wrong in his assessment of Aberdeen fans. A midfielder plays a ball back to a defender, the whole place goes into meltdown. Half of our support think we should be punting balls into the box as soon as it's left Lewis hands.

Secondly, the guy who posted the screenshots is just an attention seeking wank. Why else would you be private messaging players to get a reaction then screenshotting it and posting it on social media? The conversation between the two of them was a private chat, AOC shouldn't have rose to the bait, you should expect trolling arseholes at every turn.

Thirdly, AOC wasnt the worst player out there, although he did fuck all and I genuinely don't remember him getting involved in any attack or defending. Arnason should never wear a Dons top again after that performance.

Totally correct.

Exactly.

I'm confused a bit... you seemed to say AOC had ended his career by responding but you agree with me that the idiot who abused him is really the problem.

AOC just had another nightmare on the pitch, to then respond in the manner he did suggests

to me that he’s finished here. I may be wrong obviously.

AOC just had another nightmare on the pitch, to then respond in the manner he did suggests

to me that hes finished here. I may be wrong obviously.

I get you now.

I agree he's most likely leaving and maybe that's why he fired back at the fannyboy who had a dig at him.

Not just picking in AOC here but I would quite like to see a radically changed lineup and formation in the next few games. We have nothing to lose, get a few kids in, try a new team shape etc.

Boy who messaged him is an absolute melt.

Fair enough tho AOC can slag him off all he likes but slagging aberdeen fans in general is a bit much. Have to agree with all his comments though..

Season over, we'll get europe but only because celtic will win the sc and we will get it in fourth position, piss poor really

I get you now.

I agree he's most likely leaving and maybe that's why he fired back at the fannyboy who had a dig at him.

Not just picking in AOC here but I would quite like to see a radically changed lineup and formation in the next few games. We have nothing to lose, get a few kids in, try a new team shape etc.

AOC is 100% gone at the end of the season. Has know for a while.

We have a shed load of money to lose between now and the end of the season.