Wimbledon Tennis

LOL! Bottle is something Murray certainly does not lack! In fact quite the opposite - he's famous for getting himself out of some jams! Would love to see his five-set record - it will be impressive!

You look like a gormless twat to be fair... nowhere near as handsome as I am!

To quote the late, great MT.

Post a picture of yourself?

You can't slam someone then chicken out.

You have until tomorrow morning.

There's a lot to be said for almost getting massacred at primary school age it would seem. Character building.

That's very true. Biggest mistake I made at a young age was continually playing the same bunch of mates when I was easily the best player. That's not an idle boast, just pointing out my stupidity as I learned nothing while they learned and improved from playing me. By the time I moved on from doing that it was too late.

Big pressure on Murray on Sunday. Raonic will be a threat if he serves consistently well. If not it could be done in three. Just hope Murray's head is in the right place.

Best serve in the game versus the best return in the game.

The two best players of the tournament by a considerable distance.

Raonic's first grand slam final and Murray's first as the favourite.

If their match up at Queens is anything to go by, this could be a five-setter. Expect Raonic to start strongly and get as much on the board as he can before Murray gets a feel for his serve.

Scotland's finest against a pubescent schoolboy from Chicago or somewhere.

Complete mismatch. Am looking forward to Andy getting his knighthood once he wins again.

On a side note...why is Tim Henman a commentator?

He gets to sit shoulder to shoulder with some of the greats of the game e.g. McEnroe, Hewitt, and passes his opinion on what Andy does and could have done better, yet he has done the square root of nothing in the game apart from name a small grassy hillock after himself.

On a side note...why is Tim Henman a commentator?

He gets to sit shoulder to shoulder with some of the greats of the game e.g. McEnroe, Hewitt, and passes his opinion on what Andy does and could have done better, yet he has done the square root of nothing in the game apart from name a small grassy hillock after himself.

The GWT Effect...whereby the lucky individual is given a cracking zero responsibility position simply by failing horrifically at their real job.

That's very true. Biggest mistake I made at a young age was continually playing the same bunch of mates when I was easily the best player. That's not an idle boast, just pointing out my stupidity as I learned nothing while they learned and improved from playing me. By the time I moved on from doing that it was too late.

Don't think that's quite what @@tup was on about

:laughing:

Andy was superlative today. On that form he'd have beaten anyone. Hope he goes on a roll and bags another couple.

As @@elephantstone78 mentioned, I think that match was summed up by Raonic's tournament record 236 km/h serve (the second fastest in tournament history). Murray returned it... and won the point with a backhand pass. Murray is too good for Raonic at the moment and that was a fairly dominant final and a very dominant tournament. I'm not a big fan of watching Raonic either. However, once Murray, Djokovic and Federer retire I do think he'll win a few Wimbledons - which is a slightly depressing thought, but there aren't many who can deal with his overwhelming power... and sadly there isn't much talent coming through.

On the plus side, it's great enjoying moments like these. It's awesome watching such brilliance from a Scottish sportsman on the world stage - just a world class competitor. I think he's the greatest Scottish sportsman of all-time. At 29, he's got maybe two years left at his peak??? Hopefully! I'm just going to enjoy what little time we've got left watching this absolute genius at work! I'd love it if he could win in Melbourne though...

• Upvote 2

As @@elephantstone78 mentioned, I think that match was summed up by Raonic's tournament record 236 km/h serve (the second fastest in tournament history). Murray returned it... and won the point with a backhand pass. Murray is too good for Raonic at the moment and that was a fairly dominant final and a very dominant tournament. I'm not a big fan of watching Raonic either. However, once Murray, Djokovic and Federer retire I do think he'll win a few Wimbledons - which is a slightly depressing thought, but there aren't many who can deal with his overwhelming power... and sadly there isn't much talent coming through.

On the plus side, it's great enjoying moments like these. It's awesome watching such brilliance from a Scottish sportsman on the world stage - just a world class competitor. I think he's the greatest Scottish sportsman of all-time. At 29, he's got maybe two years left at his peak??? Hopefully! I'm just going to enjoy what little time we've got left watching this absolute genius at work! I'd love it if he could win in Melbourne though...

Yeah spot on mate, Murray was magnificent throughout the tournament and a thoroughly deserved winner. Would be great if he won the Aussie especially seeing the amount of times he's been in the final too

Think it was in reference to the fact Kims stopped letting him duff her up the asshole since she gave birth to their beautiful daughter.

Andy was basically saying......times up bitch.

Dont worry Andy, all us Dad's know exactly what your going through. They dont tell you this in The Parent Handbook.

So real, so true.