Grief is a personal thing and shouldnt be forced on everyone. A small gesture from the club would do fine.

Confident we will win comfortably tonight.

Correct.

It the naysayers who are desperate to argue against things like a minutes silence or applause or whatever despite no on suggesting that as far as I've seen.

Its not a big deal, but hey what the internet for if its not for people to have really strong opinions about things that they probably wouldn't really have any opinion on otherwise.

If I heard the club had paid their respects in some small way I wouldn't even blink - just don't see what people are so upset about.

She wants an applause for the goalkeeper because his da died. Bit harsh on the goalie, congratulating him for outliving his da.

Ah fuck? what?

No idea who this bint is or where she came into the conversation, but I'm definitely not advocating this sort of forced shite.

My thinking is the club could deal with something like this in the background quite nicely, and its as simple as that.

Correct.

It the naysayers who are desperate to argue against things like a minutes silence or applause or whatever despite no on suggesting that as far as I've seen.

Its not a big deal, but hey what the internet for if its not for people to have really strong opinions about things that they probably wouldn't really have any opinion on otherwise.

If I heard the club had paid their respects in some small way I wouldn't even blink - just don't see what people are so upset about.

Like yourself V, I wasn't aware of that either but it turns out some lassie on twitter's trying to organise an applause and so we're caught in the zeitgeist and tarred with the same brush.

• Upvote 1

So stepping away from the crazy social media bitch.. and back on topic

I'm really looking forward to this tonight, I hope we pump a few goals in. Would be good for Stockley to get a goalm maybe one of the young lads to get a run out (wright?) and for me I'd like to see if O'connor can play next to Jack in CM.

If not (and maybe even if he can) we REALLY need 1 quality CM to come in.

Then paying tribute to him would be mock grief. Thanks.

Uhuh and in relation to my posts that means exactly what?

You've fucked up here by trying to cherry only pick part of a statement and then making up the rest of what you think you are arguing against in your own mind.

And you managed to come across as a smug cunt while also displaying your crass stupidity at the same time.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Like yourself V, I wasn't aware of that either but it turns out some lassie on twitter's trying to organise an applause and so we're caught in the zeitgeist and tarred with the same brush.

Yeah, and the people complaining about "mock grief" are actually some of the biggest exponents of mock outrage on this forum. Says it all really.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The players just need to say sorry to hear about your old man while shaking his hand before the game. That's all.

Think we'll win 1-0.

Where all in town is showing the game?

The Abercrombie Bar

Address: 224 Union Street, Aberdeen

The Pittodrie Bar

Address: 339 King Street, Aberdeen

Ma Cameron’s

Address: 6-8 Little Belmont Street, Aberdeen

The Old Schoolhouse

Address: 2-4 Little Belmont Street, Aberdeen

The Holburn Bar

Address: 225 Holburn Street, Aberdeen

The Butchers Arms

Address: 443 George Street, Aberdeen

The Northern Bar

Address: 325 George Street, Aberdeen

The Wild Boar

Address: 19 Belmont Street, Aberdeen

The Triplekirks

Address: Schoolhill, Aberdeen

The Bobbin

Address: 500 King Street, Aberdeen

The Foundry

Address: 41-43 Holburn Street, Aberdeen

Murdos Bar

Address: Cairncry Road, Aberdeen

AB16 5UR

The Black Dog

Address: 27 North Donside Road, Aberdeen

McGinty’s Meal an’ Ale

Address: 504 Union Street, Aberdeen

McNasty’s

Address: 37 Summer Street, Aberdeen

The Adams and The Hawthorn

Address: Holburn Street, Aberdeen

The Richmond Arms

Address: 329 North Deeside Road, Peterculter

• Upvote 1

Shit fuck cunt...forgot about the early kick off. Although just have to hope a customer doesnt need to pick up his shiny new drive leg till tomorrow, that way i can skip away at 5pm on the dot. A bit of aggressive drive later i should be nestled in for pretty much bang on kick off.

Never works that way though.

That isn't the sort of example you should be setting to the kids Dad.

They should be taught that customers can gtf when the Dandies are concerned....

I am going for a 3-0 win for us today.

And it isn't mock-grief to express sympathy over the bereavement of another. Its just a basic kindness, in this case a form of solidarity between football clubs / players / fans.

If your colleagues dad died, would you not say "sorry to hear about your dad" - even though you had never met him?

Theres nothing wrong with a kind gesture. It wont lessen the guys loss, but it will be nice for him to think "that scots team cared about me". The world seems a kinder, less lonely place when one receives a wee bit of kindness (especially if its unexpected).

Even the masters of mock-grief, sellick - who enjoy wallowing in fake misery with "one-eye-in-the-mirror" - managed a kind gesture with the banner they displayed to salute Norman Goldie when he died. Did we make a banner for Norman?

The fact that this fruit loop agrees with a minutes applause/gesture tells you all you need to know, folks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jesus, have you ever seen such a football player chasing whore (Aberdeen based) like that Trina1903 on twitter.

It would he alright if she was actually tidy admittedly. What a huddock.

What a deev of a lassie.

The fat tart just blocked me on twitter because i told her she was a roaster and advocating a minutes applause is the behaviour of an attention-seeking roaster.

• Upvote 1