Fish And Chips - Where's The Best?

Fishnchips

had a rather nice fish supper from the chippy across the road from the edinburgh playhouse last week.Salt and sauce as well. Went down a fucking treat .

Id had a few pints , and caught my reflection on a tram at York place as I rammed a handful of fish in my mouth. i looked like a fucking tramp who hadn't eaten for weeks. Went to the next boozer , bought a pint,went for a pish, then saw I had brown sauce on my face.

Fucking mess.

Love salt and sauce.

cod is the limp wristed gay fish of the north sea,haddock rocks...like a turbot :gay:

Yup, Cod is a worm ridden bottom feeder. When filleting half the time is spent pulling the worms out to make them look at least semi-respectable. Haddock every time.

Some entrepreneur could start selling Mackerel and Chips because that would be even better.

Dali's in Guardbridge, Cromar's in St Andrews, Libo's in Cupar, The Gorgie Fry in Edinburgh and The Waterfront in Anstruther all do superb fish suppers. The famous one in Anstruther is ok but over rated since the old owner sold it. The report is right though, for £7 - £10 a good fish supper is the best munch you can get for the money.

Cromars is great, expensive.

The old owner of Anstruther now owns the Tail End in St Andrews, it's pretty good but it's not your normal chipper, think he must have wanted to branch out. They have a branch in Dundee also I think but I agree, the Anstruther one lives off the reputation he gave it and it's fairly average.

I feel like, at this particular juncture, I should point out that it's not mandatory to use cod.

I was using cod as a general term of reference for fish... so don't feel like just because I mentioned cod you have to go use cod. Feel free to use any of the major fish types, and do use whichever fish is your preferred piscean dish.

Being so far from a major ocean, the fish of choice round here is lake perch, a great wee fish that I batter the shite out of and serve up with my home made chips.

Also... Chips are easy. I use the double-fried method, which gives you a smashing chip.... but do feel free to use whatever method most suits your preferences. It's not mandatory to use the double-fried method just because that's what I do.

Feel free to experiment.

Or don't.

I'm not insisting you experiment.

• Downvote 1

Better off growing your own potatoes, catching the fish yourself with your bare hands, brewing your own beer(for the batter), fucking TOSSING the lot in a bin and getting a chippy/chipper fish supper mmmmmmmmmmmm nyom nyom nyom

Better off growing your own potatoes, catching the fish yourself with your bare hands, brewing your own beer(for the batter),

That sounds fucking brilliant to me.

I might try that next summer.

Kelt, you are reminding me of an old Eddie Murphy stand up routine where he wants to go to McDonalds but his mum persuades him that she can make a burger better than McDonalds. Better than McDonalds!!

Like fuck your home made fish and chips are better than proper fish and chips.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rvoBCr7E5qo

If you can cook then home made is always better.

That goes for Fish and Chips and Micky D's.

The only exception to this rule is Indian food, specifically chicken Tikka Masala, which as I've said on here before, is some magical food that only Indian folk can make properly, and I shudder to think what the secret ingredient is.

Probably spunk, if the urban legend is anything to go by.

If you can cook then home made is always better.

That goes for Fish and Chips and Micky D's.

The only exception to this rule is Indian food, specifically chicken Tikka Masala, which as I've said on here before, is some magical food that only Indian folk can make properly, and I shudder to think what the secret ingredient is.

Probably spunk, if the urban legend is anything to go by.

My exes stepdad was convinced he was an expert in Indian cuisine. Tasted of nothing. They ( Indians) are keeping something back because no cunt else can make one that tastes right.

More to the point, where are we all and what we doing? I’ve created my own splinter cell away from the PG’s due to the sheer volume of abuse coming my way and amount of peeve consumed. I promise never to mention it again due to boring innocent souls.I’m a disgusting mess, with outstanding tunes though and a ticker, albeit irregular, full of gold.

More to the point, where are we all and what we doing? Ive created my own splinter cell away from the PGs due to the sheer volume of abuse coming my way and amount of peeve consumed. I promise never to mention it again due to boring innocent souls.Im a disgusting mess, with outstanding tunes though and a ticker, albeit irregular, full of gold.

Hahaha

In my youth me and my bird lived above a cafe in Middleton Greater Manchester called The Full Monty. It was named that prior to the film of the same monicker and was in reference to the full on cooked breakfast you could get.

In the morning, with the smell of bacon wafting about I would say - lets pop down and try it.

My ex was very much like Kelt.

I can make you a better breakfast.

Never even got to try The Full Monty as I was driven off at the pass on every occasion. Only got to smell it.

By smell alone it was far better than what she was serving me up.