Scottish Premiership Season 2016/17 - 85 Point Target

This Celtic team up their game against us and the Huns and seem to play a weakened team against other teams, which is why they’ll drop more points. If we can get at least draws with them it’ll be close come the split.

Aye, you need to at least be close to splitting the points over the 4 games. You might get away with losing two and winning one but as soon as you lose 3 or more you've given yourself a huge mountain to climb in the other games.

I’m starting to believe it might actually be possible to wrestle this league from the glasgow cuntbags. A big dose of determination, balls, tactical awareness and a massive dose of couldn’t give a fuck about a century old system that favours two teams. Fuck the cunts and fuck the peados. Let’s star to believe, it might actually catch on.

Agreed with the arse cheeks looking at each other there may be a chance to sneak by them on the blindside,coupled with the fact that other teams in the league can now take points off them

If it does come to fruition it’ll be the attitude of the a don’t give a fuck kids that do it, McLennan,Wright,ferguson, McKenna, Anderson and Cambell,to an extent Lowe as well.

I’m starting to believe it might actually be possible to wrestle this league from the glasgow cuntbags. A big dose of determination, balls, tactical awareness and a massive dose of couldn’t give a fuck about a century old system that favours two teams. Fuck the cunts and fuck the peados. Let’s star to believe, it might actually catch on.

Think it's still a bit too early to say that yet. Not majorly worried about the huns but beating Celtic over 38 games is a tough ask.

I've said it before on here and I'll say it again. We go to Parkhead in early March and after that game there are only 9 league games to go. If by the end of that game we are still within 3 points of the league summit i'll say that we are in a genuine title race.

Our form is good though. 10 wins in our last 13 in the league. Scored 20 goals in our last 7 games. Plenty to be positive about.

I don't think we have to wait quite that long, think we can judge if there's a real title challenge after the Sevco game coming up. We're 3 points and a game back right now. If we haven't lost ground with Celtic by full time a week on Wednesday, I think we've got a chance. After the three games coming up, Parkhead is the only game after the split I wouldn't be fully confident of winning.

I don't think we have to wait quite that long, think we can judge if there's a real title challenge after the Sevco game coming up. We're 3 points and a game back right now. If we haven't lost ground with Celtic by full time a week on Wednesday, I think we've got a chance. After the three games coming up, Parkhead is the only game after the split I wouldn't be fully confident of winning.

The problem is that even if we win our next few games if we lose at Parkhead early March the likelihood is we will be too far behind Celtic to realistically catch them (they are already 3 points ahead with a game in hand which is at home to St J plus their GD is worth an extra point). If we are something like 6 or 9 points behind by them time the ref blows the final whistle at Parkhead we can forget it. Hopefully they will continue to drop points but I suspect their european involvement will only be another two games so they will be fully concentrated on domestic challenges and when that is the case they rarely slip up.

If we are within 3 points of them after the Parkhead game with only 9 league fixtures to go I think our players will really start to believe that they have a proper chance. And Celtic might just get a bit nervous especially if the huns are still snapping away at their heels.

Think it's still a bit too early to say that yet. Not majorly worried about the huns but beating Celtic over 38 games is a tough ask.

I've said it before on here and I'll say it again. We go to Parkhead in early March and after that game there are only 9 league games to go. If by the end of that game we are still within 3 points of the league summit i'll say that we are in a genuine title race.

Our form is good though. 10 wins in our last 13 in the league. Scored 20 goals in our last 7 games. Plenty to be positive about.

All good points, and if we can stay within the three points of the Tim’s going into the last five games of the season we can put them in a position that puts real pressure on them. From there forward we keep the pressure on by digging deep and believing. We’ve got to think as a fans that anything is possible. As someone has definitely said before me “if you can believe, you can achieve”

COYR

All good points, and if we can stay within the three points of the Tim’s going into the last five games of the season we can put them in a position that puts real pressure on them. From there forward we keep the pressure on by digging deep and believing. We’ve got to think as a fans that anything is possible. As someone has definitely said before me “if you can believe, you can achieve”

COYR

pre-split fixtures:

Killie H

(Stenny A)

Hibs A

Rangers H

(Cup Match)

St Mirren H

St Johnstone A

Accies H

(Cup weekend)

Celtic A

Livvie H

(International)

(International)

Hearts A

Motherwell H

Dundee A

(Cup weekend)

The next three league games are very tough but if we can hang in there then things would be looking very interesting indeed!

Rangers H

(Queen of the South H)

St Mirren H

St Johnstone A

Accies H

(Cup weekend)

Celtic A

Livvie H

(International)

(International)

Hearts A

Motherwell H

Dundee A

(Cup weekend)

Biggest league game of season on Wednesday. Given our run of fixtures after that it's a huge opportunity to put ourselves in the mix for 1st and 2nd

Really depends if the new signings boost Celtic.

Bringing in 2 strikers a big strong winger and a right back could make a big improvement to them - if at least 3 of those make a good impact.

They've been really short up front and Lustig was pish at right back.

Agree it's far to early to get over excited.

The problem is that if Celtic win today they are 8 points ahead of us (effectively 9 with their GD). No way are we clawing that defecit back especially in this round of fixtures which is a tough one for us. We have 4 home games and 5 away before the split and the away games to come are at Celtic, Hearts, St Johnstone, Motherwell and Dundee. To have any sort of chance I think we would really need to win all of those fixtures which I can't see us doing.

I never quite understood how the SPL divvied up the fixtures this season. For example last season we played the huns twice at Ibrox and the tims once at Parkhead before the split. This season that has been reversed as you'd expect. But last season before the split we had Hibs and Hearts in Edinburgh twice apiece. The same thing has happened again this season which I find a bit strange.

The problem is that if Celtic win today they are 8 points ahead of us (effectively 9 with their GD). No way are we clawing that defecit back especially in this round of fixtures which is a tough one for us. We have 4 home games and 5 away before the split and the away games to come are at Celtic, Hearts, St Johnstone, Motherwell and Dundee. To have any sort of chance I think we would really need to win all of those fixtures which I can't see us doing.

I never quite understood how the SPL divvied up the fixtures this season. For example last season we played the huns twice at Ibrox and the tims once at Parkhead before the split. This season that has been reversed as you'd expect. But last season before the split we had Hibs and Hearts in Edinburgh twice apiece. The same thing has happened again this season which I find a bit strange.

Home to Hibs, Hearts and Victims after the split? Jubbly.

*if Hibs finish top 6

You make a valid point, apart from that "effectively 9 with their GD" bit. If we claw back 9 points on them, we are 1 point ahead.  They are 8 points clear with a better goal difference, that is all..not effectively 9 points.. 

Bollocks to the goal difference,  Take 6 points off them and get 3 from somewhere else and it's game on.

Not saying I'm confident of that, but fuck it.

You make a valid point, apart from that "effectively 9 with their GD" bit. If we claw back 9 points on them, we are 1 point ahead. They are 8 points clear with a better goal difference, that is all..not effectively 9 points..

Bollocks to the goal difference, Take 6 points off them and get 3 from somewhere else and it's game on.

Aye, fuck goal difference.

You make a valid point, apart from that "effectively 9 with their GD" bit. If we claw back 9 points on them, we are 1 point ahead. They are 8 points clear with a better goal difference, that is all..not effectively 9 points..

Bollocks to the goal difference, Take 6 points off them and get 3 from somewhere else and it's game on.

Yeah that's true. However I think we all know we won't make up a gap like that on them. The time to get ahead of them was the way Hearts did in the early part of the season before they collapsed when Celtic were fighting on two fronts domestically and Europe and struggling with injuries. Although they are still in Europe Valencia will knock them out so they only have 2 more games in that competition which will allow them to concentrate fully on domestic matters at the business end of the season. Which very likely means yet another treble...zzzzzzzz.

DM is very good at getting a run of good results from our squad, there might be some turgid football ahead, but it’ll be effective. Celtic will drop points and they’ve not had a serious title challenge yet, be interesting to see how they’d handle one

That’s the mystery card in this. How the Tim’s deal with pressure, especially Andrew Dallas penalties a go go pressure.

We just need to keep winning and look to knick the blind side. A bit 91 in fact, but with a happier ending.