Scottish Premiership Season 2016/17 - 85 Point Target

so four wins for AFC's biggest ever points total

hmmm lets see how long we can keep that unlikely target going for

Is that true? Biggest ever points total if Aberdeen win the last 4 games? I find that surprising. Was it still 2 points for a win when we won the titles under Fergie?

Not that we are likely to be winning the last 4 games mind you.

Is that true? Biggest ever points total if Aberdeen win the last 4 games? I find that surprising. Was it still 2 points for a win when we won the titles under Fergie?

3 points for a win didn't start until the early 90's , well after Fergie . To our detriment i always felt

i presume you slept through us achieving our highest ever points total last season

also the highest ever not by celtic or old rangers

Points tally can be higher than or the same as last season, but the telling thing is the games that we've taken those points from.

None have come from the ugly sisters. Suggests that we are pulling away from the weakest teams, and not having as many "ridiculous" losses to the likes of Ross County/Hamilton/Killie etc. but are failing to perform against our closest rivals.

It goes against the viewpoint I've held for much of the season, but does suggest that either the likes of Sevco and Hibs are raising their game against us, or we are bottling it, or a combination of both.

The results don't lie.

So frustrating that even draws in our home games against the "old newco old new firm" would at least have us in the mix as a challenger for the title.

aye give us only two draws from the six matches and we are six points behind and looking for celtic to drop points in the old firm match to be 3 or 4 points behind with 9 to play for

3 draws (the home games) and we'd be 3 points ahead of der hun and only 3 points off top.

If Celtic then lost the old firm game then it would be in our own hands. Of course if they won the old firm game then it would open up the awful possibility of losing the league on goal difference. All just fantasy land stuff now anyway.

fantasy for sure but what it does show whether some fans like it or not (re the mcinnes gtf brigade) is that we are not that far away.

3 very good first pick signings (left back and centre mid x 2)

Devlin regaining his previous level

McKenna developing into the best player in the league

A couple of players added around the fringes

3 draws (the home games) and we'd be 3 points ahead of der hun and only 3 points off top.

If Celtic then lost the old firm game then it would be in our own hands. Of course if they won the old firm game then it would open up the awful possibility of losing the league on goal difference. All just fantasy land stuff now anyway.

We'd be 5 ahead of the huns as they would be 2 points worse off

Frustrating

I've been going since the 70s and I couldn't tell you any of our points totals. I'd be surprised if many people could without looking them up

I think only Richard Gordon could give you the yearly points totals going back to the 70s.

I think the vast majority of fans would have known that we've been recently breaking the points record though. Edit - and the most points gained by any team outside Glasgow, twice.

I think only Richard Gordon could give you the yearly points totals going back to the 70s.

I think the vast majority of fans would have known that we've been recently breaking the points record though. Edit - and the most points gained by any team outside Glasgow, twice.

It's probably because I was more interested in winning the Scottish Cup last May than our final points total. Once we'd secured European football through the league it was all immaterial really.

You're obviously a bigger fan than me though. Well done.