Scottish Premiership Season 2016/17 - 85 Point Target

I guess what I'm saying is stay the fuck out of it if you don't like it.

More importantly, stay the fuck out of it unless you actually have a valid point to make because you blatantly fkd up again by getting involved in a conversation between two people & using the fact that you weren't discussing the subject as enough to think that nobody was & wrongly used that to try & make your point. Simply because you love to try & nit pick with me. You cannot resist & that desperation makes you make these simple mistakes & therefore make a complete cunt of yourself. Worsened even more so by the fact you make that cunt of yourself whilst trying to nit pick at me.

You are like slapstick comedy.

You really are a tedious, tedious bore.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Assume nothing. What happens if something interrupts the season? Like WW III for example.

The matches would just be postponed.

At the end of the war the wounded half blinded survivors would play out the rest of the season on a surface devastated by thermonuclear hellfire.....so an improvement on most SPL games and pitches.

• 7 months later...

85 points - that was on the ambitious side.

We are averaging on for 70-71 points this season. Quite a typical tally in the McInnes era.

Looks like the tally to win this season might be lower than the last few unless Celtic sign 2 or 3 starting XI players in January.

No way would I be saying we can win the league but when you look at the remaining fixtures we just need to focus on ourselves and try and knock off wins as much as possible

(Stenhousemuir H)

Hamilton A

Killie H

Hibs A

Rangers H

(Scottish Cup)

St Mirren H

St Johnstone A

Hamilton H

Celtic A

Livvie H

Hearts A

Motherwell H

Dundee A

Those 7 league games before we go to Celtic Park are not the worst - If we could manage something like 5 wins and a draw we'd probably be in a similar position to where we are now.

Tord said the seven games leading up to the tims are "not the worst" which is correct.

On a side note I'm fairly sure the huns and killi have to play each other twice before the split.

Correct. There is one more fixture to play ( two for Celtic and St Johnstone) before the first two rounds of fixtures are complete. Sevco need to go to Rugby Park next as they have only played Killie once. We just need to make sure we win at Hamilton on the same night and then see which one of them drops points (a draw or a Killie win would be ideal).

Would love to win the next 4 league games and see where that puts us

If we do manage to win the next 4 that will be league title winning form as that would mean 13 wins from 16 league games and we would have 2019 wins against Sevco, Killie and Hibs and would have played all of them three times. We would have to be considered as genuine title challengers.

We are a long way from that though. Playing Killie, Sevco and Hibs in consecutive league games will be a massive test for us. If we take can take 7 points from those three fixtures we will be right in the mix.

Remember some idiots on here were saying we wouldn't be top 6.

Too many were making far too much of the early season form too soon (some of our own fans and also our resident Hearts fan). I've said from the start that the league only truly takes shape after 20+ league games i.e. two full rounds of fixtures. Be different if we were losing every single game like we were under Skovdahl at the start of his reign but that wasn't the case so even when we were 7th or 8th merely a few weeks ago I was never unduly worried I had confidence we would come through the pack we always had games in hand. Still a long way to go so not yet prepared to make any predictions where we might finish. Who knows what'll happen in the January window.

We've put ourselves in a decent position with 17 league fixtures left to play. To win the league I think we would probably need to win 14 of those games beating both the huns and the tims at least once each in the process. Highly unlikely but if we're still within 3 points with 10 games to go then fuck it it's time to start believing. Killie have had more points this calendar year than any other SPL team so it's not impossible.

COYR!

If Kilmarnock, Hearts, Hibs, Huns keep taking points off Celtic in the second half of the season it will keep things tight.

To take advantage you've got to take your share of points off Celtic too and that's where we've been lacking in the games that count in recent years.

That's true. In the second half of the season the ugly sisters won't have Europe as a distraction...Celtic will get knocked out by Valencia so they only have two Euro ties left and I think they will secretly be quite happy about that as Sevco are probably too close for comfort for them in their pursuit of (yawn) 10 in a row.

As I mentioned we need to be beating both of them at least once each from now until the end of the season to have a realistic chance.

But to be fair to date we do have more wins over the ugly sisters than any other SPL team this season.

That's true. In the second half of the season the ugly sisters won't have Europe as a distraction...Celtic will get knocked out by Valencia so they only have two Euro ties left and I think they will secretly be quite happy about that as Sevco are probably too close for comfort for them in their pursuit of (yawn) 10 in a row.

As I mentioned we need to be beating both of them at least once each from now until the end of the season to have a realistic chance.

But to be fair to date we do have more wins over the ugly sisters than any other SPL team this season.

Yeah. The frustrating thing over the last few years is the amount of times we've closed the gap in between games against them only to lose to them when we meet meaning the effort has been largely wasted.

Even if other teams get draws against them that helps us a lot. Provided we win most of our games of course.