Aberdeen V Hearts (0 - 0)

A wee bit off topic but...

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes is delighted to report that there has been no interest from elsewhere in his star trio of Niall McGinn, Adam Rooney and Jonny Hayes.

Why are other cubs not interested in our best players ? Not that I am complaining like.

Pity no-one tried to take McGinn off our hands.. Fee, just enough to cover Greg Stewart's bill would have been ideal.

Dont know why but i think we'll pump them. Surely to fuck we're due a bit of luck, and the're pretty shite. If Saints can put 3 past them, we can get 4. COYR

How can we get 4 if St's got 3? That's like saying if Hearts can get 2 against St's they can get 16 against us :laughing:

Hearts get penalties & we don't

Hearts look a bit unsettled at the moment so hopefully we start finding our range in front of goal as we’re seeing plenty possession but wasting a hatful of chances. Burns looked lively last night but probably epitomises our form at the moment in putting in plenty effort but not getting the end product. It’s still early day’s though so no real point over-analysing until we’re a good few games into the season

O'Connor to start again, looked solid again last night but Taylor available again so will be interesting to see what he does.

I'd expect him to go for a "physical" look again given we've been bullied by Hearts but at the same time bring some pace and craft to the first league game back at Pittodrie.

Lewis

Logan

O'Connor

Reynolds

Considine

Burns

Jack

Shinnie

McGinn

Stockley

Rooney

Last nights attendees might say no but from my armchair I wouldn't be surprised by Taylor back and O'Connor in front between Jack and Shinnie in place of Maclean.

Its clear that we've got a talent in O'Connor and agreed one way or another, he'll start. Like St.j, McInnes tends to show Hearts too much respect so your probably not far off the mark. However, I'd prefer to see us go out and attack their vulnerabilities.

St's are not just a bogey team for us but it also seems they are for Hearts, so not going to use our St's results or how we played against them as any form of barometer.

Hearts gave Celtic a decent game but usually do tbf as they raise their game well for them just as they normally do for us.

Going to be a s tough a game as it always is against them. Neilson very much splitting the fans, recent results not being good & hurting from cup exits.

They see us very much as a must win game all the time but even more so now. Hopefully Neilson is losing the dressing room.

Their keeper is nae as great as they first thought. The 'he's just young' excuses beginning to get a bit old.

game will be close IMO. Draw or one goal swing either way but I think we will be the ones to edge it.

Hopefully a good performance from the ref

Reynolds will be sacrificed if Taylor is back in - but think Del will stick with them. Would start with Storey though - need a big strong cunt like him on the wing.

Reynolds won't be sacrificed for Taylor. If Taylor returns then O'conner will be the one to go as mcinnes and doc are very big on playing a left footer and a right footer in central defence.

It's why they signed morris and O'conner. Morris for the left and O'conner for the right.

Reynolds won't be sacrificed for Taylor. If Taylor returns then O'conner will be the one to go as mcinnes and doc are very big on playing a left footer and a right footer in central defence.

It's why they signed morris and O'conner. Morris for the left and O'conner for the right.

is Morris left footed? thought there was chat when he signed about him covering for Taylor and Logan?

is Morris left footed? thought there was chat when he signed about him covering for Taylor and Logan?

Just checked.

You're right morris does play on the right side. Fuck knows why he was signed then as doc and mcinnes are very vocal about the left and right sided centre backs.

Perhaps they were looking at O'conner for the centre of midfield, but Taylors shiteness and Morris injury caused them to put him in the centre of defence