Aberdeen V Hearts (0 - 0)

I wasn't having a go at Rooney. I just agree that he is over rated and stated the reasons why I think he is overrated. However, if we are just talking about his ability to take his opportunities and has the intelligence to be in the correct place at the correct time then I can't question his ability at this. To be fare to both Rooney and Stockley our crossing is poor.

You have to ask yourself. How did StJohstone score against the Jambos? Have they got better attacking players 'NO'. I believe its our delivery and dead balls that are letting us down.

I'd be willing to bet that every team in this division except Celtic wish they had an overrated striker like Rooney.

• Upvote 2

Today was a perfect example of why I think he's overrated. Came on and you never noticed him playing. He's absolutely terrible in the air too but I'll let him off with that cause we shouldn't be pumping high balls to someone like him.

A good poacher who will always score a healthy amount of goals in a team like ours but he should no way be played upfront himself, neither should Stockley.

Of course you'll turn that into me saying he's shite and how I want him sold. Like I said, we have bigger problems than the striker position.

You are like an articulated Shooftamoofta.

• Upvote 2

Not a great game tbh.

No decent service to either Stockley or Rooney.

Pawlett played well in the first half, and I thought in the 2nd Hearts only came back into the game after he was subbed and was no longer closing down their midfield. No way was he MOTM though, that was O'Connor. I would stick with the back 4 we had today as it looked a lot more solid today, bar 1 decent chance Watt had in the 2nd half. Keeps Shinnie in midfield as well which seems to be bringing out the best in Jack again.

Burns should have stayed on, looks a good player. Once Hayes is back the 3 behind the forward needs to be Hayes, Burns and McGinn.

Our set pieces and deliveries are atrocious, have been for a long time now. We really need to start working on it in training because we are wasting so many good opportunies because of it.

Overall I think a draw was a fair enough result, we had a bit more of the ball but didn't do a great deal with it.

Well one thing is for sure, we look more difficult to beat. I think with the hammer throwers out of the way and Saint Johnstone, we will play more expansive tactics. Not the worst start to the season considering ee have had four games in just over a week. I think we have found a great new centre half in O'Conner. We just need someone in the middle to help open teams up.

Considering Hearts brought a 1k fans and it was our first home game if the season, 13.5k is a poor turnout. Hibs got 16.7k today.

Honestly, It was an easy life focus on the beers and coupons. Football was secondary.

Now we are so close to being a great side it is frustrating as hell. Ruins days/weeks.

Agree with this, it's all taken too serious now especially when you've got cunts blogging and doing podcasts on how the team should be playing, how we should have the midfield 3 more advanced and shit like that, much preferred gan to to game, getting pished and booing guys that were clearly shit.

Same hysterical bollocks on here as there always is when we don't win. Absolutely dominated the game, every time we created something and were getting in behind them they brought us down. Did we fuck set up to counter attack and did we fuck spend the whole game lumping it to Stockley / Rooney.

Hearts came for a draw and got it. Our attacking players didn't find a way to break them down. Hayes was a big miss.

Anyone having a go at Rooney shouldn't be trusted with sharp objects.

This
  • Downvote 1

So clearly Reynolds was going to be dropped but got a reprieve for a random game at left back after Consi had a sleepless night

Don't know could have been taylor dropped and he wanted Shinnie in the middle - if so would have to O Conner or Reynolds at LB which meant taylor had to come into the side

Reynolds has played quite often at LB

Absolutely nothing comes through the middle of the park. There is no AM of any quality to break them down.

Shinnie and Jack do their jobs well but there is a link missing between them and the forward players.

Hearts and St Johns knew that and sat narrow and deep and just mopped up ball after ball into the box from out wide.

Would have preferred to see Burns given chance centrally or if just pumping balls in box go 4-4-2 and keep two big men up top.

Felt like the St Johns game and too many decisions from Mcinnes on basis of giving them too much respect.

Best frontman on the pitch today.

Thank the good lord you are not in charge. Tony watt is close to going down the o Connor or riordan route. He scored against barca once and thought he was billy big baws. Has been punted from club to club since, usually after managers tire of his bad attitude. Rooney will get you 20 goals a season. And has a good attitude. Simply baffling your dislike of him and preference for random shite strikers.

• Upvote 1

For a goalless draw game it was good enough.

Dinnae Ken the ins ands oots o yer team but ye were mair threatening when yer big ginger come on.

Nae water tae wash pish splashed hands in the lavvys, poor show.

Maybe this minor point should have been posted in the pub where such girlie things are discussed and debated in such a mature and worldly manner.

Crash on the a90 means we're now back in Fkn Aberdeen harbour

• Upvote 1