Chris Sutton....a Breath Of Fresh Air For Scottish Football Punditry.

You called me myopic for disliking the Weejie accent then slagged off my own (which you have never heard). Hypocrisy, stupidity and a little ironic, don't you think?

I reserve the right to boke at that accent but still find Glasgow and it's people quite charming. It grates my nips. Assuming you are from Aberdeen then be thankful you have a nice sounding accent mate.

Peace and love.

Cheer up Babs, tbh I didn't even read whose accent you were snagging, just dived in to get a cheap shot at you.

Worked quite well. Sorry.

Fergusons accent is horrific, but it's more his neddy tone than anything else that does my head in.

As it happens I'm not from Aberdeen and my accent is pretty mellowed having lived all over Scotland at various times.

But I've learned not to judge by the accent alone.

Of course in bazza fergusons case we have a lot of other evidence and the guys is clearly a grade 'a' cunt.

He doesn't bother me as much as he used to. Think cos the club he once played for is long dead and so you kinda forget in time. Also I liked his 2 fingers to the cameras thing. It meant we never had to watch him play for Scotland again.

Well done on the bite. :hypno:

Its the media obsession with guys like this that's annoying though. At times it seems like its any excuse to get the mug of some hun in the papers or on the telly. In this case, it feels like there is a concerted effort to raise the profile of Ned Ferguson younger, must be pushing himself for something or other.

Its the media obsession with guys like this that's annoying though. At times it seems like its any excuse to get the mug of some hun in the papers or on the telly. In this case, it feels like there is a concerted effort to raise the profile of Ned Ferguson younger, must be pushing himself for something or other.

There is a definite effort by the weegia to raise his profile. They've been at it for months now.

You called me myopic for disliking the Weejie accent then slagged off my own (which you have never heard). Hypocrisy, stupidity and a little ironic, don't you think?

I reserve the right to boke at that accent but still find Glasgow and it's people quite charming. It grates my nips. Assuming you are from Aberdeen then be thankful you have a nice sounding accent mate.

Peace and love.

fair enough.

• 3 months later...

:offtopic:

BT Sport are ready to offer the SPFL their biggest-ever broadcasting deal in return for exclusive rights to Scottish football.

And SPFL sources believe they will shatter the previous record deal worth £31m a season - which was signed with Setanta in 2008 - to get their way.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4318522/BT-Sport-ready-smash-record-secure-SPFL-TV-rights.html#ixzz4bTdtd1WM

Do not roll over SPFL, this is the chance for you to name your price. :happy:

As much as TV is the devil. The league needs the cash.

However, the distribution of wealth as ever is key......

three things for me

1. Since TV is the be all and end all nowadays I would rather it was on a one channel, I'd pick BT because sky's coverage is a joke.

2. Distribution of wealth is key and so is which game is played. Celtic and Rangers get the viewers but there has to be an element of promoting the league as a whole and giving more coverage to other teams.

3. It means putting up with Sutton and Craigen. I have an irrational hatred of Craigen..........I don't know why. Sutton is a ball sack but at least he sticks up for the game here.

Fuck Chris Sutton but fuck Tanner, Walker and McCann equally.

Hope BT get it. It's just a lot more enjoyable watching BT rather than Sky. On the whole a much better package. But we really do need to get a decent amount for it. It's almost not worth the hassle for what we get from it.

Disagreed with a Hun at work who said TV has destroyed Scottish football and the only way to save it is to go back to playing every game at 3pm on a Saturday.

He forgets that The Rangers and Celtic being on tv so much is what garners a lot of their support from other parts of the country. If we had no tv deal, we'd be in even greater dire straits.

:offtopic:

BT Sport are ready to offer the SPFL their biggest-ever broadcasting deal in return for exclusive rights to Scottish football.

And SPFL sources believe they will shatter the previous record deal worth £31m a season - which was signed with Setanta in 2008 - to get their way.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4318522/BT-Sport-ready-smash-record-secure-SPFL-TV-rights.html#ixzz4bTdtd1WM

Do not roll over SPFL, this is the chance for you to name your price. :happy:

You can see the slant they put on this story is we should all be so grateful that Celtic and Rangers are in the league . In other words its the bigot brothers show