Hamilton V Aberdeen

You are absolutely right. Never ever a penalty, the Hamilton boy slipped, end of. How Collum still manages to masquerade as a ref is an absolute joke. He must be an arselicker to continue on as a ref.

No surprises if Aberdeen bounce back to beat the Jim Torbett Select on Saturday though.

I'm not panicking yet, we always have blips in the season and this is one of them although it's a tough one to take after the high of getting to the final. Mcinnes needs to sort them out and get them up for Saturday.

I'd like to see shinnie to left back with jack coming into the middle.

Guest the shepherd

Considine.

Aye aye. He is normally pretty good with his shooting. That was a great chance. Bit of a sickener it did not go in mind

Ah well roll on Saturday.....

Guest the shepherd

I'm not panicking yet, we always have blips in the season and this is one of them although it's a tough one to take after the high of getting to the final. Mcinnes needs to sort them out and get them up for Saturday.

I'd like to see shinnie to left back with jack coming into the middle.

Aye get Shinnie back to his more orthodox position and get the steadying influence of Ryan Jack back and that will go a long way to helping to beat that rabble. A game to give Kenny McLean a rest me feels to accommodate the return of Ryan Jack.

I would also like us to go two upfront with Jayden Stockley coming in for Wes Burns. More physical presence upfront the better as their defence is very weak and minimises the amount of time Adam Rooney is up on his own being isolated.

SHITE. McInnes must go etc ;)

Very disappointing, but in a sense a natural reaction following the elation of getting to the final (not that this means such a loss is acceptable).

Analogy - If you had slept with Irina Shayk one night, you could hardly be bothered to put in the effort to chat up some mediocre bird the next.

We should still have won, but there seemed a distraction / preoccupation about us.

The penalty is as soft an award as you would ever see.

Totally lost what formation we went to after the subs. Logan O'Connor Considine?Hayes? then Shinnie? Maclean and Pawlett then Storey Rooney Mcginn?

was Reynolds injured or just worried about the surface. Rayjo has O'Connor as being the one all over the place

To me last night given that they had Pikey Devlin back for the first game in 7 was to play Hayes out left and a right winger (assume Mcginn is still carrying his injury which is fair enough) and just ping in crosses to Rooney AND Stockley all night. The boy McKinnon - he of the near nervous breakdown in the first half at Pittodrie at the end of last season - is EXACTLY the kind of cunt we don't have for these matches.

We can debate the penalty decision all we like, it was a soft one at best but it’s not what cost us the game. Too many were a yard off the pace which probably highlights one of Derek’s major faults in recognising when to change things. This was definitely one of those times we needed to freshen things up yet we only made one change. Off the back of a big occasion such as we had at the weekend one or two were always likely to be a bit jaded but again Derek seems reluctant to drop any being of his supposed first teamers. Storey & Pawlett didn’t exactly shine when they came on mind you. Perhaps most concerning is the lack of youngsters being given any kind of opportunity these days.

• Downvote 1

The pen decision is a disgrace. That's never a pen. McInnes should be coming out and saying something, always think he's too nice when it comes to these things.

I've just seen it, it's one of the worst penalty decisions I can ever remember.

Collum should be fired for that. Taking into account previous terrible decisions (against us and a whole host of other clubs) he should DEFINITELY be getting fired.

Sounds like Collum got 2 pen decisions wrong.

But still got to question the team performance and I really do wonder are NONE of the fringe players worth a shout in a midweek game like this when we need freshness after a cup semi?

I know Burns started but..

Storey?

Pawlett?

Stockley?

Storie?

Just feels like McInnes has strengthened the squad depth a little but is too scared to use them.

So the pen decision was incorrect. Still had 85 minutes to rectify the situation. We didn't and we lost. We've had a good run, it's stopped so let's start another good run on Saturday.

Felt to me, just from listening on radio, that the penalty decision completely rattled the players and for about twenty minutes after that we lost all composure... it sounded like wave after wave of Hamilton attacks with us defending like panic-stricken schoolgirls.

Games like that and situations like that are as much about mental toughness as ability. You've just got to accept and get on with it, but it sounded like we were just not at the races after the pen and left ourselves with far too much to do to get back into the game.

So the pen decision was incorrect. Still had 85 minutes to rectify the situation. We didn't and we lost. We've had a good run, it's stopped so let's start another good run on Saturday.

That's not a fair argument though. Fair enough if we had a stonewaller denied 5 minutes in but that penalty changes the whole complexion of the game.

We've conceded 2 goals in 6 games, 2 penalties.

We're always rattled by an early goal against. Game plan out the window and the opposition play differently. Collum has to take most of the blame.

The plastic pitch is ridiculous and the players were constantly not expecting the speed or bounce of the ball.

We'll be fine on Saturday.

If you're giving a pen against O Connor... you have to give a pen for McLean.

Neither were pens.

Inconsistent as fuck Collum. That's no surprise but we played shit. It happens.

Nae drama.

Exactly.

Stroey should have hit the target near the end, as should Considine.

I was there and Logan was never ever a pen.

O'Connor wasn't a pen but when you have your hands on the forward they are normally going to look for an excuse to go down.

Hayes was poor, Rooney never got a touch and Reynolds needs dropped - out-muscled for every ball. Wasn't impressed with Burns either. In games like this if 4/5 of the guys show up we are in with a chance, last night nobody showed up.

Worst I have seen us play in a long time. Punting long balls up the pitch aimlessly, instead of guys putting their foot on the ball and passing it.

Storey had the touch of a rapist when he came on...

Put it behind us and move on, but it's always these midweek away games that haunt us every single season - Ross County away, Hamilton away etc.

We can blame the ref, blame the bouncy pitch etc. but they wanted it more and we were shite.

The highlights flatter us! Just Pish!

COYR!

Surprised there isn't more being made of the surface at New Douglas Park.

It's horrific, and always has been.

The ball does not bounce true, and any overhit pass will just skite across the surface.

You could see how difficult the players found it to play on. Very reminiscent of the 3-0 defeat down there a couple of years ago. Lucky if there were more than 3 passes completed by either side on both nights. Kick and rush football.

What I don't understand is why we didn't do anything to sort the fact that we were struggling on it. We continued to ping balls up and across and just watch it skite away from us.

Very poor last night, but these results happen. Doesn't help when you've a completely incompetent referee in charge.

Certainly not worthy of throwing a scarf onto the pitch (hang your head in shame whoever that was - would like to see how you were reacting to those sorts of results 6 years ago). Perfect chance to get a massive lift again on Saturday. Jack needs to return to the starting XI, though.

We have been undone before by being baited into a battle and last night was reminiscent of games lost against Inverness, Hearts and Hamilton in the past. We seemed unsure how to counter the conditions, neither adopting an outright physical approach, nor tempering the game to our advantage. Obviously their pitch is not conducive to a passing game but we could have shown more composure in our use of the ball. I actually think our defence and goalkeeper did o.k. although O'connor did appear to foul the Hamilton striker in the lead-up to the penalty.

Our shortcomings were our passing and our finishing. Had he played Jack would have made a positive impact in slowing the game down. There were few openings for us but at this level we need to aim at taking one in every two chances. The best teams are ruthless as such.

A bit of an off-night but I'm confident we'll raise our game come Saturday.

COYR.

Surprised there isn't more being made of the surface at New Douglas Park.

It's horrific, and always has been.

The ball does not bounce true, and any overhit pass will just skite across the surface.

You could see how difficult the players found it to play on. Very reminiscent of the 3-0 defeat down there a couple of years ago. Lucky if there were more than 3 passes completed by either side on both nights. Kick and rush football.

What I don't understand is why we didn't do anything to sort the fact that we were struggling on it. We continued to ping balls up and across and just watch it skite away from us.

The surface is only shite if you play long balls all game... Hamilton water the surface before games, which doesn't help!

Kick and rush is not how we play football, but we resorted to it on Tuesday...