Holidays 2017

Poodler

sounds lovely!

i'm sure you'll be fine on the trains -- as long as you don't forget to validate your ticket before you board the train.

it's an expensive oversight if you don't. :(

I'd have thought a well travelled girl such as yourself would have seen through that ruse?

Conductor on the train to Venice tried that "you owe me 30E for not going through the barrier before getting on the train" nonsense..

He got a good old fashioned finger wagging while shouting at him (including flying spittle) as he backed out of the carriage with the smell of fear thick in the air.

Fearsome sight me when my sensibilities have been compromised.

Looks like I will be in Namibia for a few days next month, joining the rig on tow from there to Las Palmas, so get a couple days in the Canaries as well.

You'll probably be going to Walvis Bay I would think? Nice enough, but shite compared to Windhoek.

Right on the edge of the Sahara, very prosperous with some lovely thatched houses.

Head to Kat's Bar behind the shopping centre on main drag, decent pint and a good starting point for nonsense.

The night will literally take you to the wrong side of the rail tracks where it all becomes silly.

If you fancy something to eat, alligator steak is recommended.

You'll probably be going to Walvis Bay I would think? Nice enough, but shite compared to Windhoek.

Right on the edge of the Sahara, very prosperous with some lovely thatched houses.

Head to Kat's Bar behind the shopping centre on main drag, decent pint and a good starting point for nonsense.

The night will literally take you to the wrong side of the rail tracks where it all becomes silly.

If you fancy something to eat, alligator steak is recommended.

Its is Walvis bay (Whale bay).

Fully expect it to all get a bit silly as soon as we get there. Windhoek beer is good.

As per usual my holidays this year will be weekends away grabbed where I can, to the Gold Coast or northern NSW beaches plus my annual trip to the UK to catch up with family. Less family now that Dad's an ex-parrot but still keeping in with Mum, siblings and others.

5 weeks or so in April/May. Hopefully there are a couple of home games I can get to then. Will end up being one of my rare years where I've managed to attend games at beginning and end of the same season.

Flying Qantas who are shite in economy (not quite as bad as BA) but premium economy which is better. Also registered to use miles to get a business upgrade. Fingers crossed. That trip leaves me shattered for days after it, both ways. If only I could fly Singapore business again... by fuck their business seats/beds are enormous. Way too expensive though.

As per usual my holidays this year will be weekends away grabbed where I can, to the Gold Coast or northern NSW beaches plus my annual trip to the UK to catch up with family. Less family now that Dad's an ex-parrot but still keeping in with Mum, siblings and others.

5 weeks or so in April/May. Hopefully there are a couple of home games I can get to then. Will end up being one of my rare years where I've managed to attend games at beginning and end of the same season.

Flying Qantas who are shite in economy (not quite as bad as BA) but premium economy which is better. Also registered to use miles to get a business upgrade. Fingers crossed. That trip leaves me shattered for days after it, both ways. If only I could fly Singapore business again... by fuck their business seats/beds are enormous. Way too expensive though.

What's your Dad now, a budgie?

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::trophy:

• Downvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We booked up for June this week.

Taking the car again and getting the ferry to Holland.

Long weekend in Amsterdam. Have rented a private flat near Leidseplein & Vondelpark. The place has lots to offer for the wean and I should be able to fit in a fly smoke, or many, despite being policed by Oberfuhrer Wife.....

Then two weeks in Germany, quite near Trier. One of these affairs where you get your own wee house in a holiday park.

Looking forward to visiting Trier again, (was there some years ago), the Mosel valley and also hope to visit Bitburg for the brewery.......

Then ferry home again - booo!

'Id!ot' is banned but 'wean' isn't. Going to the dogs.

I always go to type 'bairn' or 'kid', but then correct it to 'wean' just to get a rise out of people :laughing:;)

Still, sounds like a cracking holiday Clydeside.

Thanks - I recommend ferrys, its the way to travel alright.

The DFDS route out of newcastle (near as dammit) is handy but over priced (imo) as they know Scots dont want to have to drive to SE England to use the competition.

Remember, God loves a trier.

:laughing:

We booked up for June this week.

Taking the car again and getting the ferry to Holland.

Long weekend in Amsterdam. Have rented a private flat near Leidseplein & Vondelpark. The place has lots to offer for the wean and I should be able to fit in a fly smoke, or many, despite being policed by Oberfuhrer Wife.....

Then two weeks in Germany, quite near Trier. One of these affairs where you get your own wee house in a holiday park.

Looking forward to visiting Trier again, (was there some years ago), the Mosel valley and also hope to visit Bitburg for the brewery.......

Then ferry home again - booo!

Would you mind sending me a link of where you're staying in Germany?

Me and the missus have though about going on a break in Europe travelling in our own vehicle.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...