Holidays 2017

Poodler

I thought it was good but them I'm a middle aged golf wanker lol

You can always get a taxi to the more livelier Albuferia if you get scunnered there

I'm going with the 18 month old daughter and the wife. Few beers in the villa balcony will be as lively as it gets :laughing:

I'm going with the 18 month old daughter and the wife. Few beers in the villa balcony will be as lively as it gets :laughing:

Hope you have a barbecue at the villa then. Good fish and seafood market within walking distance of the Marina, nearer Quarteira IIRC (If I remember correctly).

Barcelona in May for a mate's stagger.

July I'm meeting a few mates in Holland, and then my dad in Krakow, but rather than fly between the two I'm gonna go on the interrail and stretch it out.

Thinking of either going north of Germany - Monchengladbach, Düsseldorf, Hannover, Hamburg, Kiel, Berlin, Warsaw, Krakow.

Or, go south and go Düsseldorf, Monchengladbach, Frankfurt, Zurich, St Gallen, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow.

Barcelona in May for a mate's stagger.

July I'm meeting a few mates in Holland, and then my dad in Krakow, but rather than fly between the two I'm gonna go on the interrail and stretch it out.

Thinking of either going north of Germany - Monchengladbach, Düsseldorf, Hannover, Hamburg, Kiel, Berlin, Warsaw, Krakow.

Or, go south and go Düsseldorf, Monchengladbach, Frankfurt, Zurich, St Gallen, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow.

Both train journeys sound pretty good...

Maybe south route edges it fr visual splendour, through Austria.

• Downvote 1

several trips this year, but mostly to tried and true destinations.

a new one for me though will be Vietnam for a holiday later this year.

has anyone been? if so, do you have a preference for either Ho Chi Minh or Hanoi?

Looking to go in the next few years. My partner has been and raves about it. I LOVE their food!

Both train journeys sound pretty good...

Maybe south route edges it fr visual splendour, through Austria.

I'm gonna try and keep it as open as possible, because the dates I'm planning will be around the same time as the Europa League QR2 and QR3.

If I'm already in Europe and Aberdeen land a draw in Switzerland for example, it'd be pretty handy.

• Downvote 1

I spend 3 days in Washington. One was spent cycling round the main places of interest. One was spent in museums (Smithsonian Air and Space and American History). The other was at a Redskins game.

The American fitba was great (not much use for you) and the day cycling was good because of the weather. I found the Air and Space museum interesting enough, not so much the American History. The museums are pretty busy too.

I liked Washington, but wouldn't rush back.

Off to Washington DC in a couple of weeks as part of my US tour.

Apart from going to see my close personal friend Donald Trump, what would folk who have been before recommend?

I've only got 2 nights in DC.

A visit to Kelts grave wouldn't go a miss.

RIP.

• Upvote 1