Ryan Christie

If Sinclair is on £35K a week he's on almost 3 times the average of the rest of the Celtic squad

Taking in youths I don't think that's ridiculous. Think Brown is on £25k then you've got the likes of Armstrong, GMS, Ciftci, Christie, Rogic, Fasan, Janko and Allan all taking the average down with the massive earners. Considering it's outwith their budget so much that someone needs to subsidise his wages I think it's a reasonable guess.

I wonder if the rest of the squad take umbrage at the wages Christie is receiving from Celtic compared to their wages.

I suppose it's just the nature of loan moves.

He is adding a new dimension to our team.

​He will be off after his loan period if he keeps this standard of play going.

'Back'!? VDA!

Brown has been paid that amount for quite some time. They are, sadly, in a very comfortable position.

sorry, I meant reincarnated as the current hun model.

One a side note, Its would be interesting if they did go into admin. Would they get a 25 point penalty or 10 points? Surely 10 since they are a new club

One a side note, Its would be interesting if they did go into admin. Would they get a 25 point penalty or 10 points? Surely 10 since they are a new club

Apology accepted.

Yep, surely the penalty would be the one for those in admin for the first time...

Discussed on TSFM the other day. Apparently the 5 year rule is from when they came out of administration, not went into it. I'm guessing that's not a conversation that'll be had in the open.

Admin achieves fuck all for them anyway.

Shame.

Discussed on TSFM the other day. Apparently the 5 year rule is from when they came out of administration, not went into it. I'm guessing that's not a conversation that'll be had in the open.

Admin achieves fuck all for them anyway.

Shame.

Is there not a certain amount of contractual obligations that can be ducked out of? I assume the Sports Direct deal and letting some staff go could see them on the straight and narrow until they overspend to appease the hoards again.

I cant see him getting any chance at celtic at the start of next season I reckon they'll be signing more players of Sinclair/Dembele quality

You could say that about most players we've had on loan though. Danny Ward and James Maddison haven't exactly gone back and commanded a first team spot. If that was the case Celtic would maybe just send him out on loan again rather than let him leave for nothing.

Rodgers rates him highly. I also think he's wary of being seen as a manager who has simply bought all his success and wants to be seen as someone who improves young Scottish players like Tierney, Armstrong, Henderson and Forrest who are all featuring regularly at Celtic.

Christie is on £3500 a week at Celtic. Aberdeen are paying much, much less than that to get him on loan, and that's only because Rodgers was desperate to see him get game time because he wants to see him develop.

When you see how often Henderson and Armstrong are playing under Rodgers it's hard to see a Christie coming off the back of a good loan spell at Aberdeen not playing next season.

It's fine though. We've got Peter Pawlett.

• 3 months later...

I'm sure this season he will be a regular starter rather than mostly coming off the bench. I'm sure McInnes will have promised him that to entice him back.

The question is if McInnes signs two quality wide players (for arguement sake let's say Greg Stewart and Maloney) then does Shinnie possibly revert to left back for a larger portion of games with Tansey and McLean playing behind Christie as a number 10? Be interesting to see how that develops. Christie is by far at his most effective as a number 10 from what I've seen. He's good from wide positions too it's just not where he is most effective. Christie playing as a number 10 is easily capable of scoring 15+ goals for us next season. The boy certainly knows where the back of the net is he puts McLean to shame in that particular department.