Ryan Christie

• 2 weeks later...

What Rodgers will do a good job of is commoditising their players... Basically do what Chelsea and all the EPL clubs do... Become famous for providing a good flow of talent and reap the benefits of that. Buy 'em cheap (or develop them as home grown) and sell 'em high... Let's face it whoever signed Dembele should get a knighthood for them... Christie will be a good English Championship player for them signed on the cheap (Bosman was it ?) and punted for a few million plus add ons...

Did you not say same about maddison?

I certainly said that about Maddison re the second half of the season given he could only play for Norwich or Aberdeen and I really couldn't see him getting any game

time for Norwich this season. I certainly never said that about Maddison long term as I think he is more likely to stick it out down there

just had a look how Maddison has been getting on - he hasnt made a match day squad for Norwich since August

Pretty sure he knew that would be the case when he said he wasn't coming back. Playing reserve games for Norwich is preferable to having teams take turns hacking you down and then being booked for the privilege. No ill will towards the boy at all.

I cant see him getting any chance at celtic at the start of next season I reckon they'll be signing more players of Sinclair/Dembele quality

Agreed. It seems like he was perfect for what Deila wanted but now they have Desmond bankrolling Rogers and Sinclair on £35k a week, the standard of player they are looking at is far above what Ryan Christie offers.

Agreed. It seems like he was perfect for what Deila wanted but now they have Desmond bankrolling Rogers and Sinclair on £35k a week, the standard of player they are looking at is far above what Ryan Christie offers.

If Sinclair is on £35K a week he's on almost 3 times the average of the rest of the Celtic squad