Ryan Christie

A lot of people are over analysing this.

It's difficult to get players in January and the opportunity to get a very good SPFL player to help your squad for the next 6 months is too good to turn down.

Yes it's annoying that we're feeding off of celtics scraps but we can't compete with them so why not take advantage?

• Upvote 2

What we should have done, and what we need to start doing with our loanees, is signing them for a minimum of 18 months. That's what Celtic demanded from Man City with Patrick Roberts.

Danny Ward, Michael Hector and now James Maddison, guys that were integral to the team and then were away after a few months, unsettling the side.

I get that some clubs will be reluctant to loan a player for that length of time, but really what use is it getting Maddison from Sep-Dec? This waiting around to see if Norwich will give him back or not, and the nonsense with Ward last season, is bullshit.

Good point, but that may as well be a permanent signing.

I agree with you that having players for half a season is very disruptive, but the transfer/loan scenario we live in these days generally dictates that big clubs loan to smaller clubs.

So the EPL loan to Celtic, Celtic and English Championship clubs loan to us, while we loan to the divisions below us, for six months. The culture suggest that a young player will have developed/learned at a lower level for half a season, so they can come back to their home club and compete with the senior squad. If Maddison breaks into the Norwich team and helps them climb the table, we could take credit for helping his development. God knows his ability to get up after being fouled has come on leaps and bounds.

We're not bottom feeders yet, but the hierarchy is long established.

Guest milne_afc

I see Dangerous Dave Mcdiarmid has been calling paying customers "edeeits" again because he thought there was some booing when Christie came off the bench last night. Can't say I heard anything other than the playful SSB chant on the BT Sport output.

*stoidi

I see Dangerous Dave Mcdiarmid has been calling paying customers "edeeits" again because he thought there was some booing when Christie came off the bench last night. Can't say I heard anything other than the playful SSB chant on the BT Sport output.

*stoidi

Definite booing when he came on.

A fair mixed reaction altogether.

As been mentioned numerous times he tweeted when he was 16. And tbh I found it rather funny anyway

All the fans should get behind the lad, at the end of the day he'll be a key player for us for rest of the season

Aye. At least find out if he's pish before hounding the cunt.